• August 22, 2018, 03:47:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Veterans of World War Z

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24 Next

Author Topic: Lets Play!  (Read 18481 times)

ReccaHanabishiX

• Lance Corporal
    • ReccaHanabishiX
Re: Lets Play!
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 10:20:26 PM »

I'm up for joining in. I'm at a friends right now. He needs it as well. If you just need 2 more people, we will join you.

Aragorn66

• Private First Class
  • GT is Aragorn66j
    • Aragorn66j
  • Awards: 1
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 07:58:54 PM »

Hello all, I am looking to finish my Halo 3 Achievements, mostly multi-player ones. Please post here to let me know when and where. Thanks in advance

ReccaHanabishiX

• Lance Corporal
    • ReccaHanabishiX
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 07:30:18 PM »

Yo bro. Next time you see me on, send me a message. We will try to get something going. Several of my friends and I are working on it. We don't need many more but we will be more then glad to stick with it until you have them all as well.  ;D

Orange397

• Private
    • Orange397
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 01:06:48 PM »

Sorry dude, we're not keen on that around here.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 01:35:06 PM by oviate1 »

Orange397

• Private
    • Orange397
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 01:07:14 PM »

Send a mesage to GAMERTAG: Orange397 if interested.

Galactic Pixel

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Hey buddy, it's been a while...
    • MrSnuggleupagus
    • MrSnuggleupagus
  • Awards: 3
    • Galactic Pixel, Pixelated Studios (in the making)
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 01:12:32 PM »

Private message sent. Don't disscuss boosting in the forums please.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 01:35:59 PM by oviate1 »

TangoDown

• ScubnBubbles3
  • Captain
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • TangoDown385
  • Awards: 9
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 03:50:40 PM »

Furthermore, "Boosting" violates Microsoft's Terms of Usage Agreement.

Aragorn66

• Private First Class
  • GT is Aragorn66j
    • Aragorn66j
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 08:38:54 PM »

I was not looking to Boost anything, just looking for players to join with, too touchy I think.

I retract my query as I do not like the overseers input,  :-X

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2011, 08:45:14 PM »

Your request was fine, Aragorn. Pixel, Ham, and Tango's comment was directed towards someone else.

ReccaHanabishiX

• Lance Corporal
    • ReccaHanabishiX
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 11:25:42 PM »

That other someone I suppose would have been me? I apologize if I was violating anything. But I was under the impression that this "boosting" as you call it was what the "lets play" thread was for. Looking for people to play with who need help getting achievements that there are no teams for. I'm not trying to be disrespectful or rude or anything like that. I play games to have fun, but if there are achievements that can be obtained along the way, why not get it. Achievements were put out there to be obtained, if they don't want "boosting" as its called, then why didn't the entire makers of the 360 just stick with the classic xbox, ps2, gamecub, and earlier gens idea's of, no achievements. "Boosting" in the end is the same thing as getting achievements naturally, just with a group of friends. the only difference is, that they follow a different "means to an end". So, why is it forbidden? and how is it different then what y'all are doing, y'all are helping people get achievements, how is boosting different. Also, I was not trying to boost in any way, I just said if he see's me on, then ill be glad to play with him and help him get some achievements and all if he wanted to. Whats the difference between helping someone get one achievement and helping them get several?

And again, I know this sounded VERY rude of me, but that's not my intention, I just don't understand it. If anyone can clear this up for me, then I will avoid asking anyone to join me to help me obtain achievements ever again. Because, well, it sounds to me that its against the "law" as you would call it among the makers, designers, testers, and community of xbox.  >:(|

WHITESTAR 2032

• Private
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 12:10:35 AM »

Oh who cares anymore it's over and done with. Just no more using the big bad B-word in the SIP forums OK. 8)

What any of the SIP members choose to do in their own time off the site is their business and none of ours. Just no advertising for any kinda boosting and were all good. Everyone happy now I know I am so let's get back on topic and Let's Play.  ;D

Reaper

• Captain
  • I help mold the Minds of your children
    • Bloodyreaper125
    • Bloodyreaper125
  • Awards: 3
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 08:27:49 AM »

Just to clarify for everyone here. Boosting by SIP standards is using hacks, mods, or ways not intended to use to get an achievement. For example, Using the language filter in Halo 3 to get a group together to get the FFA achievements. We don't condone that. However, What the SIP teams do is within the code of conduct for XBL, Bungie, Infinity Ward, Treyarch and so on.

The teams provide a group of people to go into a game get achievements. For example Brigade offers 2-3 spot in a run with an experienced runner helping them get through the run and get at least 200,000 points. We help kill enemies and when needed save lives and be the hero every now and then to keep the run going. We don't go in with a modded xbox and shot one enemy for 50,000 points.

That's the difference between boosting and What SIP does. We created the Let's play thread because at the time our teams were getting alot of requests for help and we needed a way of helping people organize their own runs if they didn't want to wait for us to get through the list to them. The Let's play thread as become the thread we use to get people together to play. If you feel like getting into a game of reach custom and don't want to randomly send invites out to people you can post it there and see who joins. the Let's Play thread is where you go to get people together in games to have fun.

Now obviously we can't control what you guys do in those games. All we ask and enforce is that you don't advertise boosting in the thread or anywhere else in the group. what you do in those games is your business. In the team achievement runs we don't boost we provide experience.

I hope that helps clear up any misunderstandings for everyone. Feel free to drop me a message if you want to talk about it further. Until then keep having fun guys.

ReccaHanabishiX

• Lance Corporal
    • ReccaHanabishiX
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2011, 10:49:23 PM »

Okay well, now that that fiasco is over and done with. Anyone up for a Halo 3 Legendary playthrough? No online matchmaking for me for a while. Just let me know, gamertag is the same as my name.  :-[

Ham Sanwitch

• Master Sergeant
  • Probably your real dad.
    • Ham Sanwitch
    • Ham Sanwitch
  • Awards: 10
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2011, 10:54:53 PM »

If it was not storming here, I'd throw down with you.

ReccaHanabishiX

• Lance Corporal
    • ReccaHanabishiX
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2011, 07:14:38 PM »

Well just let me know soon as you are able to. I'll be willing to join anytime.  ;D
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24 Next

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 25 queries.