• August 18, 2018, 01:18:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Beware of Flex's onions.

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Next

Author Topic: Halo: Spartan Assault coming to the Xbox 360 and Xbox One!  (Read 6729 times)

MrFish

• Spartan
    • Mr Fish 68
    • Mr Fish 68
  • Awards: 2
Halo: Spartan Assault coming to the Xbox 360 and Xbox One!
« on: October 29, 2013, 09:16:52 AM »

Well, it finally happend! :D Halo: Spartan Assault is FINALLY coming out for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One later in December of this year! Here's what's being offered for the console versions of this game....

"*Play longer than ever in a new online Co-op mode, and watch each other's backs with all-new Co-op missions

*Engage in Operation Hydra, the expansion from the Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 game that brings mystery and a chilling addition to the single player Campaign

*Wage war against a persistent and overwhelming enemy – encounter the Flood for the first time in Halo: Spartan Assault

*Go in strong with an expanded arsenal that brings you more weapons, more armor abilities, and more upgrades – it's the ultimate Spartan Assault experience!"

Source:
https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/10/29/Spartan-Assault-is-coming-to-Xbox-One-and-Xbox-360.aspx

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-US/games/halospartanassault

As soon as I saw that you were able to use a controller to play this game on the PC version, I knew this would eventually come out for the consoles. I am very happy that this game is on its way, and that I don't have to pick up a new phone/ tablet/ computer to get my hands on it! No word on the price or exact date as of yet. All we know is that it'll be a digital download, and it's slated for a December release.

So, who's excited to play this that couldn't before???

Flatty

• Crepuscular
  • Captain
  • I do my own stunts.
    • Gamehendge Jedi
    • Gamehendge Jedi
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 9
Re: Halo: Spartan Assault coming to the Xbox 360 and Xbox One!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 09:24:29 AM »

I am for sure excited to play this. It looks fun and I can't wait to play it!

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 09:41:30 AM »

I'm excited to play this as well. Not so much for the story, as I've heard, but for the achievements and gameplay.

MathGuy42

• Captain
  • Frog blast the vent core!
    • MathGuy42
  • Awards: 7
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 11:01:32 AM »

Cool. I'm in for the quad-stack. I wonder how much GS they'll be worth. The 360 version will probably be 400 GS since it sounds like Operation Hydra is included from the beginning. I've not seen anything about how much GS an Xbox One retail or arcade game will give.

Edit: You are correct, Arby. Don't get it for the story. The end of Operation Hydra was intriguing, but Palmer put a stop to anything interesting happening.  :D

At the bottom of this Halo: SA info page it says
Xbox 360 and Xbox One version of game sold separately. Xbox One games for use only with Xbox One systems. Xbox 360 games for use only with Xbox 360 systems. Multiplayer between Xbox One and Xbox 360 not supported.
Can't say that I'm surprised. Just an FYI in case anyone was hoping to get both versions for one price. Cross platform play would have been nice since it will be harder to find Xbox One co-op partners.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 11:11:59 AM by MathGuy42 »

TravisSch

• Lieutenant
  • Disney Fanatic
    • TravisSch
    • TravisSch
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 04:16:25 PM »

The news of this coming to the 360 and Xbox One surprises me, but in a good way.  I have only completed the first section of missions on the PC version, but hopefully I will complete the rest before the Xbox One version comes out.

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 04:30:30 PM »

Cross platform play would have been nice since it will be harder to find Xbox One co-op partners.
XB1 has Smart Match so you can do something else while waiting for a partner.

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 04:49:48 PM »

Some people have been thinking this will be part of the Games with Gold promotion. If so, I will surely be happy. Looks like a legitimately fun game.

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 05:35:13 PM »

It can't be for Games With Gold. I'm pretty sure a new game like this that won't be given away for free, at least not for another year or so.

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 06:52:24 PM »

Technically not new..it sure would change up the 4-5 year old games trend they've been following. December is their last month, maybe they want to go out with everything they've got. I doubt they'll do it, but it's not the most absurd prediction.

ROK198

• Lieutenant
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 07:11:35 PM »

By new I meant it came out a few months ago. The other games were all at least a year old meaning they weren't going to make as much in sales. The money is in the DLC for those games, except for Rainbow Six: Vegas which had free DLC. There's still a ton of cash to be made on Spartan Assault's sales.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 24
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 07:44:30 PM »

@Seth: Games with Gold was extended past December so this could show up later on. I doubt it would be given away for free so quickly. Anything with Halo in the name sells, so taking away any profit they would get is unlikely.

This never interested me from the beginning. I'm glad it's coming to console for the people that couldn't get it before, though.

MathGuy42

• Captain
    • MathGuy42
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 09:13:06 PM »

Cross platform play would have been nice since it will be harder to find Xbox One co-op partners.
XB1 has Smart Match so you can do something else while waiting for a partner.
Good point. There will certainly be plenty of randoms to play with. I was thinking along the lines of friends, since I'm not sure who plans to buy a One.

Doppe1g4nger

• Lance Corporal
  • Halo is where the heart is.
    • Doppe1g4nger
  • Awards: 1
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 09:25:06 PM »

Im having mixed feels, on one hand Im happy that it is coming to the 360 and X1 so I dont have to get a dedicated device before I can play it. On the other hand though they said it wouldnt ever come to console. Its the Halo 4 Limited Edition content all over again. I just don't feel like I can trust 343 that anything they say they will actually uphold anymore. I guess its not really a surprise, it made no sense to keep it off of console. It also seems like a big -blam- to the people who bought or upgraded to a Windows 8 device to play the game.

ROK198

• Lieutenant
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 09:57:02 PM »

I don't remember them specifically saying that it wasn't coming to consoles ever.

I was just going to buy the game before the announcement but now I don't need to get it for my PC, although I could use some more PC games but Wordament and Team Crossword will have to do for now.

I'm expected a price increase from the Windows 8 version to console version. I'm guessing $10 at the least, an average of $15, and a high of $20. I don't see $20 as being a likely final price though.

MathGuy42

• Captain
    • MathGuy42
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 01:28:09 PM »

Achievements revealed for both 360 and One. The list is missing Tour of Duty and A for Effort. I assume there should be 400 GS on 360 and 1000 GS on One. (Instead the totals are 285 and 970.)

I've heard that Peggle 2 is going to have 1000 GS on One. As MS has said "games are games are games" on One, I guess all games will be 1000 GS, regardless of retail vs arcade.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 23 queries.