• February 18, 2018, 03:24:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Mahdi was here.

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next

Author Topic: Halo: Spartan Assault coming to the Xbox 360 and Xbox One!  (Read 5989 times)

TravisSch

• Lieutenant
  • Disney Fanatic
    • TravisSch
    • TravisSch
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
Re: Halo: Spartan Assault coming to the Xbox 360 and Xbox One!
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 06:45:35 PM »

It looks like they are wanting people to get the Xbox One version by doubling the gamerscore on the Xbox One.  I like the co-op achievements.  I will download this when it comes out.

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 08:54:24 PM »

Will there be a price increase over the Win8/WP8 version of the game? I haven't found any pricing information for the 360/XB1 versions.

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 08:58:21 PM »

That's what I've been wondering as well. I'm guessing that there will most likely be one with the new content. I'm guessing that it will be from $10-$20.

MrFish

• Spartan
    • Mr Fish 68
    • Mr Fish 68
  • Awards: 2
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 01:41:16 PM »

So the price and release dates came out today. The Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions will both be sold for $15. Halo: Spartan Assault for the Xbox One will be released on December 24th, while the Xbox 360 version will be released some time in January.

EDIT: "Players who have already purchased Halo: Spartan Assault for Windows 8 or Windows Phone prior to December 15 will be allowed to purchase the Xbox One version at a discount price of $4.99."

Source:
https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/12/09/Halo-Spartan-Assault-Release-Date-Revealed.aspx
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 03:30:40 PM by MrFish »

TravisSch

• Lieutenant
  • Disney Fanatic
    • TravisSch
    • TravisSch
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2013, 04:28:36 PM »

$15 for a game that was on Windows 8/Phone?  That sounds expensive.  I don't think adding a co-op mode would justify a price increase.

No matter what, I'm still getting the game.  Plus, I'll get it for $5 since I bought the game on Windows 8.

MathGuy42

• Captain
  • Frog blast the vent core!
    • MathGuy42
  • Awards: 7
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 08:18:30 AM »

The Xbox One version is out now. Here's a store link. It appeared as $4.99 automatically on my console.

My single player progress from Win 8 carried over, but the achievements aren't automatically unlocking like they did in WP8. Perhaps there are new weapons and AA's in co-op that I need to use. And perhaps there are gold stars in co-op that count for 117. I am seeing 90/90 challenges done, so I'm not sure how to unlock those achievements. I'll have to experiment more.

Edit: The Gold Stars are carrying over, somewhat. I've played 4 missions, getting Gold on only 2. But the X1 achievement counter shows I am 13% done with 117. Also, I didn't get Gold on my very first mission, yet Prodigy unlocked. So I think those of us who have completed H:SA before only need to replay every mission with any star rating. It will still count as Gold for the achievement.

I'm 58% done with the weapons and 33% done with the AA's, so I guess all of these need to be redone. For the 25K XP achievement, it looks like you start all over, since I'm only 4% done with Pension Plan, even though I still have 11K in the bank.

I've got 0% on Extra Credit, even though I redid an easy A-1 challenge. Hopefully finishing a Weekly challenge will count.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 09:14:17 AM by MathGuy42 »

Enigmas Shadow

• GT: ThorsBaldEagle
  • Lieutenant
  • Lurker Level: Ninja
    • ThorsBaldEagle
    • ThorsBaldEagle
  • Awards: 13
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2013, 05:10:36 PM »

Just bought this for the xbone, if anyone wants to do some coop hit me up.

SpecOp3

• XOF Breaker
  • Captain
  • "So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
    • SpecOp3
    • SpecOp3
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 14
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 11:59:13 AM »

Just bought this, hope to try it out tonight.

MathGuy42

• Captain
    • MathGuy42
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2014, 10:26:59 AM »

The 360 version is releasing tomorrow, Jan 31. There are special instructions for purchasing it for $4.99, if you bought the Win 8 or WP8 version before Dec 15.

MrFish

• Spartan
    • Mr Fish 68
    • Mr Fish 68
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2014, 11:20:23 AM »

The 360 version is releasing tomorrow, Jan 31. There are special instructions for purchasing it for $4.99, if you bought the Win 8 or WP8 version before Dec 15.

yay! Can't wait to play it tomorrow! :)

While I was waiting for this to come out, a friend and I have been grinding out speed run times in the current free game for gold members, Lara Croft: Guadian of Light. It's pretty similar to Spartan Assault it seems, in that it's a top down twin stick shooter, with co-op. I've gotten VERY addicted to the game, and absolutely love it! I am just hoping that Spartan Assault is as good as the lara croft game. I'll be pretty bummed if the game that costs $15 ends up not being as good as the one I got for free, heh. I'm not too worried though.

I'm also hoping that there are some kind of puzzles to solve in the game, and that it's not just 100% killing things. Lara Croft has got me addicted to the puzzle aspect of top down shooters for sure :P YOU GOT SOME BIG BOOTS TO FILL, SPARTAN ASSAULT!!!!! Bring on the new Halo game! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

p.s............. not excited about having to play as my absolute least favorite character in the entire Halo franchise :( I hate you Spartan Sarah Palmer! :(

MathGuy42

• Captain
    • MathGuy42
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2014, 11:28:04 AM »

Sorry to say, there are no puzzles in H:SA. It's almost all killing, with a little bit of defending a structure or person, tagging mega-turrets for destruction, or destroying some Forerunner power cores. Having not played Lara Croft: GOL, I can't give an opinion on which is better.

I should also warn you that the story is awful (what little there is). You'll end up hating Palmer even more.

I liked the game play fairly well. Not enough to keep playing after I got all the achievements though. I'll be picking up the 360 version just for the achievements; fortunately I only need to pay $5.

MrFish

• Spartan
    • Mr Fish 68
    • Mr Fish 68
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2014, 02:59:08 PM »

I should also warn you that the story is awful (what little there is). You'll end up hating Palmer even more.

I'm not sure it's possible to hate her more than I do right now, but who knows? Really, it's that bad though? eesh... The dialogue in Spartan Ops for Halo 4 was extremely cringe inducing for me, so that's the where the low bar is set for me in my mind at the moment. Does the dialogue get any worse than lines like "Cram it Egg-head! You stick to the science, I'll deal with the bad guys!" (not an exact quote, but it might as well be). If the dialogue is not WORSE than Halo 4's Spartan Ops, then I can deal with it. If it is though... there's a good chance I'll play the game on mute.

Also, MathGuy42, you should DEFINITELY download the Lara Croft: GoL game right now before it's not free anymore. If you enjoy top down twin stick shooters, you'll enjoy this. I got 100% achievement progress on the game, and I'm still playing it for leaderboard stuff. story and dialogue are cheesy, but again I can deal with that. The game gets really fun when you play through it with a partner for the first time, and you encounter challenge rooms that involve just you, your partner, and a puzzle that requires both of you to use your tools specific to your characters (grappling hook for lara and a spear/ shield for totek).

Sorry for going on a tangent Lara Croft: GoL, but I really do like it a lot. Probably more so since it's free at the moment. Get it now though, because after friday, it's back to $15!

Has anyone here played both Halo: Spartan Assault and Lara Croft: GoL? They're both $15, and are both top down shooters, so I'd love to hear a comparison between the two. If no one else can fill that void, I'll come back here after playing Spartan Assault to death! :)

ContactTango

• Spartan King
  • General
  • Honor Few, Fear None
    • ContactTango
    • ContactTango
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 20
    • Spartan Training Gear
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2014, 04:57:03 PM »

This reeks of Halo Wars. Pass.

MathGuy42

• Captain
    • MathGuy42
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2014, 07:49:38 AM »

The 360 version is now out. I'm following the directions to get a discount, but I'm only seeing full price. Anyone successful in getting the discount?

MrFish, SA doesn't have any dialogue. Just monologue from Roland (Missions A-E) and Palmer (Mission F), explaining what was happening during these "historical battles" that you're simulating. I can't think of any bad quotes. I just found it very boring. It's just a basic "Covenant want to turn on a Forerunner weapon. Better stop them." I found the story of Spartan Ops much more interesting.

I did download Lara Croft. I always do with Games with Gold, whether I think I'll play it or not. I can always delete it and get it from Download History at a later time.

This reeks of Halo Wars. Pass.
Spartan Assault is very different from Halo Wars, even though screenshots look similar. SA is a twin-stick shooter, whereas HW is Real Time Strategy. In SA, you only control one Spartan and just shoot and throw grenades. Unfortunately, the trial version only allows you to play the very first mission (A-1), so you only get about 2 minutes worth of game play. Not a good marketing decision, IMO.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 07:51:46 AM by MathGuy42 »

Enigmas Shadow

• GT: ThorsBaldEagle
  • Lieutenant
  • Lurker Level: Ninja
    • ThorsBaldEagle
    • ThorsBaldEagle
  • Awards: 13
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2014, 09:52:28 AM »

Started playing this this morning, it's a surprisingly fun little game. Definitely better with friends (or anyone that talks! Lol). If anyone wants to do any of the co-op let me know (only have this on the Xbox one).
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 26 queries.