• August 17, 2018, 10:52:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Pew pew pew...

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1] 2 Next

Author Topic: New Content for Halo 5 - Infinity's Armory  (Read 2091 times)

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 24
    • The Quest For 52
New Content for Halo 5 - Infinity's Armory
« on: January 19, 2016, 05:12:09 PM »

This month’s new content drop for Halo 5: Guardians will be called Infinity’s Armory. As usual, there will be new maps, armors, skins and customization items along with game tweaks. It’s entering final testing now and is on track to release later this month. Here’s the graphic for everything included with more information below.

The armor that has likely caught your eye the most would be the Achilles armor set. It was the front page image and the center armor on the above picture. Unlike the usual armor drops where they can be randomly awarded from REQ packs, this set is locked behind a requirement. A new Mastery Commendation has been added to the Spartan Company system (player groups) that has to be completed for the armor to unlock. The chest piece is earned by getting all kill commendations to rank 3, while the helmet is earned by getting all kill commendations to rank 5. The armor set is only awarded to members of the company at the time it is earned. If you’re not in it then you’re out of luck. We have our own Spartan Company you can join if you want to help us reach the goal.

Above is the first look at Riptide, the new arena map coming in the update. Below you can see an overview of Urban, the new Warzone map. There’s no details for either map, but there will be a live stream this Friday on Twitch for anyone interested in seeing them in action.

Rounding out the news is two tweaks that are coming soon. One you will likely be happy to see, and the other is mainly for forge enthusiasts. At the moment, when a weapon is dropped on the map as a result of death or switching weapons it is removed from the map in 5 seconds in Warzone. This is an attempt to keep the world clear so the 60 fps goal stays steady at all times. Well, 343I has gotten feedback on this and the despawn time will now be increased to 20 seconds. This should mean if you die there is enough time to get back to the weapon you dropped or simply for others to have the chance at getting the gun.

The new forge improvement is an interesting change to sharing map creations. A new system will let users create groupings of items which can then be uploaded for sharing. If you create an intricate base layout and want to make it available to the world for their own map designs then this will let you do it. In a way, this will let some of the best map designers work on projects that they can share with each other to potentially make better maps. We’ll have to see how this plays out, but it could be a very useful tool to work with.

Read the full story

« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 05:13:40 PM by Stig Assassin »

MrSerrano1105

• Gunnery Sergeant
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
Re: New Content for Halo 5 - Infinity's Armory
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 05:21:59 PM »

Achilles armor set looks really cool

SIP W I C K E D

• Private First Class
  • BANGARANG!
    • SIP W I C K E D
    • SIP W I C K E D
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 10:22:47 PM »

Wonder how long it will take to get the full armor set here in SIP. Doing what I can to help the cause.

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 06:43:10 PM »

Was wondering that myself. I would really like the armor set, so I will drfinitely put the work in. We only have 34 at the moment with many not active in Halo. Gotta get some more recruits in the group! The higher tiers of some of those commendations are ridiculous. It's gonna take a multitude of people.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 06:50:43 PM »

It's a nice set of armor for sure. Without a ton of new recruits or a devoted group of players to go for it, I don't think it's going to happen any time soon. Come on Seth, we need you to do some heavy lifting! ;)

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 07:11:14 PM »

I'll help out. The armor isn't priority for me, though; it's the challenge of getting it that I'm interested in.

R MK XXV

• Spartan
    • R MK XXV
    • R MK XXV
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 09:06:39 PM »

I wouldn't mind knocking out a game or two here and there for the cause.

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 10:58:35 PM »

We'll probably need more that just a game or two. The requirements for the commendations seem to be fairly high. For example, the "No Hard Feelings" commendation for killing enemy Spartans requires 50,000 kills for level 1.

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 01:58:59 AM »

Another awesome commendation is earning first blood medals...there's something like 750 for the first bloods. I don't even want to figure out what the later tiers are. 1000 is plenty. You'd have to have 100 incredibly active, very skilled players making a run at these commendations to finish them in a reasonable time. We could play 3k matches and still not finish the first tier for first bloods. Possibly breakout would help, but even then it's a stretch.

Was it ever said whether these commendations carried over from the games launch or started fresh when the commendation challenges were released? Group commendations weren't a thing at launch were they?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 02:05:39 AM by Seth »

R MK XXV

• Spartan
    • R MK XXV
    • R MK XXV
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
Re: New Content for Halo 5
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 10:28:08 AM »

We'll probably need more that just a game or two. The requirements for the commendations seem to be fairly high. For example, the "No Hard Feelings" commendation for killing enemy Spartans requires 50,000 kills for level 1.

I just meant I would be willing to play a few games here and there as needed to help the cause.
I'm not interested in getting the armor. 

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 04:18:29 PM »

Was it ever said whether these commendations carried over from the games launch or started fresh when the commendation challenges were released? Group commendations weren't a thing at launch were they?

Commendations were not around when Spartan Companies started, as far as I know. It wasn't mentioned if all of our stats since launch were applied or not, but I doubt we got nearly 3,000 headshots within 24 hours of this becoming available. Unless you were on a roll that night. Then I would believe it.

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 04:44:06 PM »

Does it absolutely have to be matchmaking, or do private/local matches (so long as you're still connected to the 'net for tracking purposes) also count towards these commendations? If it doesn't have to be matchmaking, then all that really needs to happen is more "community game nights." So long as everybody's in the Company it won't matter who gets the First Blood, or the headshots, etc. because it all goes towards the Company's record.

If it is only for matchmaking...this is going to be a massive pain in the backside and could quickly catapult Halo 5 ahead of 4 as the most agonizing and annoying entry in the series. I still don't have even half the Halo 4 armory because of stupid commendation blocks. I mean seriously, how many people actually bothered getting the 10,000 kills with a plasma pistol for the Covenant Mastery commendation?

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 05:01:02 PM »

It's not mentioned whether private matches count or not. Some of them won't be possible in private because you need Covenant or Promethean kills from Warzone. This was just the preview of the new DLC drop so we may get more information once this finally rolls out.

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 07:42:02 PM »

If it is only for matchmaking...this is going to be a massive pain in the backside and could quickly catapult Halo 5 ahead of 4 as the most agonizing and annoying entry in the series. I still don't have even half the Halo 4 armory because of stupid commendation blocks. I mean seriously, how many people actually bothered getting the 10,000 kills with a plasma pistol for the Covenant Mastery commendation?
MrFish, one of our members got all of the Commendations in Halo 4. The point of commendations, and their respective counterparts (my favorite is "Grinds" from Max Payne 3 for calling them what they are) is to set a challenge for players. It spices things up when you attempt to do something out of the ordinary, or simply try to do a lot of one thing. It breaks up the repetitiveness of multiplayer if you have something to do in a purely a game other than just win. And no such grind is complete without a reward. Something for your time, effort and/or skill. An armor piece being stuck behind a commendation block is the reward for completing a challenge, and proving yourself more dedicated or better than the rest: a symbol of high status. It shouldn't be agonizing unless you make your sole purpose in the game to complete the grind. Then the enjoyment of the challenge is gone because you went in with a narrow mindset. Balance out the objective with the enjoyment of playing the game and it'll be much more satisfying doing anything.

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 01:54:12 AM »

The grind is never enjoyable. Ask the thousands (millions?) who dumped Destiny. Adding commendations for achievements is one thing. Telling "Collector" types like me to go screw ourselves because the only way to unlock everything is to do THE most asinine, aggravating, most counter-productive things ever, and not just once, not even a dozen times, but THOUSANDS of repetitions...that's not "dedication," that's insanity. To not be able to access over half the game's custom content locked behind a brutal grind wall is depraved. And for Halo 4, at least for me, there really wasn't any "positive spin" to put on it because other than the simple act of completing the "collection" there was no "reward." The armor was absolutely hideous. The "best" pieces were entirely inaccessible unless you pre-ordered half a dozen copies or bought the redundant (and entirely undeserved) "Game of the Year" edition. If there was an option to "grind" my way to Deadeye or Locus, maybe I would consider it. Quite honestly the only commendations I came closes to completing were those related to Campaign and Spartan Ops because I absolutely despise PvP outside of private matches, and even then I generally try to set up objective, "house rules" or just plain quirky match types, like zombies, demolition derby, or my "Bouncy House" creation. Again, if commendations could be completed via private matches, it would be an entirely different matter. Then it might be fun. Set up gametypes with PPs only, or where the only kills that count are splatters. Something that makes it interesting and fun. Walking into an all-out deathmatch against SAWs, Snipers, Shotties, and freakin' tanks and all you're "allowed" to use is a freakin' Plasma Pistol is the exact opposite of "fun." And the simple fact is short of finding a whole mess of people AFC it's nearly impossible for most players to make any sort of real progress. I could still be playing Halo 4 to this day and maybe, MAYBE, I might have 5 more PP kills than when I first said "screw this I'm going back to Skyrim (which was very shortly after the GOTY edition).

Halo 5, for me, is already making an extremely poor first impression with the abysmal limitations on player customization. Head, body, visor, color, gender? What is this, 2002? That was one of the few things Halo 4 did have going for it. It pushed the envelope in personalization not just with custom loadouts but with 7 customizable "armor slots" and the largest assortment of "bases models" the franchise had seen. Sure, in some ways Reach offered more customization due to all the "accessory" packages on the helmets but to go from either of those to not only the "next big game" but to a whole new (and supposedly so much better) console generation, and take such a massive step backwards...really not winning any points for me.
Pages: [1] 2 Next

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 23 queries.