Spartan I Project
  • August 20, 2018, 02:58:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Got an achievement problem? Who ya gonna call?

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Halo 5: Guardians bringing back Score Attack and Score Attack Achievements  (Read 2073 times)

MrSerrano1105

• Gunnery Sergeant
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5

Many of you guys might or might not have noticed that Halo 5: Guardians didn’t come with the option to play missions with Score Attack. As far as I could remember all Halo games have had Score attack, I’m sure many players will be happy to know that it’s back. Something that’s coming back is Score Attack Achievements, that means that players actually have a reason to play campaign mode again. The person responsible for bringing back Score attack is Gabe Deyerle the Campaign Engineer at 343 Industries.

Reasons why people should look forward to Score Attack (Source by 343 Indurstries)

1.  With over 50 medals to earn in Score Attack, you’ll earn the most points for defeating your foes as stylishly as possible.
2. You and your friends will all earn score independently, but you’ll probably want to work together if you want to beat the game on higher difficulties with lots of skulls on to maximize your points (and, ya know, survive).
3. For those who like to do missions on Speed runs
4. So in addition to the on screen timer, in Score Attack, we disable cinematics entirely. This meant we could optimize our loading times to get you into the game considerably faster than in the normal campaign.
5. we heard you, it’s a terrible feeling to *just* miss your personal best or a world record because you failed a trick, so we added “Restart Mission” into the pause menu to ease that pain, if only a little bit.
6. we decided to make LASO (Legendary All Skulls On) a *little* bit easier by enabling revive if you go down while the Iron skull is on. It’s still pretty brutal (as we think LASO should be) but now there’s hope of having a second chance if you go down in a safe location where your allies can get to you.

In addition to the above, Score Attack will also include a set of Achievements in which you may be interested. Here they are:

SCORE ATTACK ACHIEVEMENTS

ScoreName –  Description

10 – Drop A Quarter – Complete a mission in Score Attack with at least 10,000 points.

20 – Up For A Challenge – Complete a mission in Score Attack with Skull multiplier of x2 or higher and score at least 50,000 points.

25 – Party Hearty – Complete a mission in Score Attack co-op, with all participants scoring at least 200,000 points.

20 – The Hare – Beat the par time of a mission in Score Attack.

50 – The Tortoise – Complete a mission in Score Attack with at least 500,000 points.

Lastly, here’s a look at some of the Score Attack multipliers. Prepare to rack up some points, and maybe even think about getting some practice runs in before the update drops.

SCORE ATTACK MULTIPLIERS

Difficulty
Easy – 0.25x
Normal – 1x
Heroic – 2x
Legendary – 4x

Skulls
Iron – 3x
Black Eye – 1.5x
Tough Luck – 1.5x
Catch – 2x
Fog – 1.5x
Famine – 2x
Thunderstorm – 1.5x
Tilt – 2x
Mythic – 2x
Blind – 2.5x
Cowbell – 1x
Grunt Birthday – 1x
IWHBYD – 1x

The mode will also feature a variety of stats in your Service Record. They’ll live here, under Score Attack Summary. Per mission, the stats will include:

Best solo score by difficulty
Best solo time by difficulty
Best Co-Op score by difficulty
Best Co-Op time by difficulty
Skulls used

(Example shown on the Bottom)

Score Attack will soon be here, and we hope you enjoy competing with your friends, putting together epic solo runs, and racking up the highest of scores as you re-play some of your favorite missions.

– Source by 343 Industries

Read the full story

« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 06:27:22 PM by Stig Assassin »

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18

Guess I should put the time into finding all the skulls then... thanks for the heads-up!

HellRazor1281

• Captain
  • Headshots and Hugs for everyone!
    • HellRazor1281
    • HellRazor1281
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 9
    • My band - Year of the Locust

Guess I should put the time into finding all the skulls then... thanks for the heads-up!

LOL Arby, I just started going back through the campaign to finish off the missing Intel and Skulls I need. 

I'm considering hosting an evening where we can farm some of the trickier campaign achievements in advance of the Score Attack update dropping. 

MrSerrano1105

• Gunnery Sergeant
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile

If I do the whole game on legendary and score attack on will I get the lone wolf and the other achievements for finishing it on legendary? I doubt I'll get any of the score attack achievements since it's taking about 1 hour to finish the missions and I die a lot because my dumb AI teammates won't revive me sometime.

MathGuy42

• Captain
  • Frog blast the vent core!
    • MathGuy42
  • Awards: 7

I assume the Legendary achievements will still work with Score Attack on. It's doubtful you'll get good enough times to get a high score though. The Score Attack achievements are actually fairly easy to achieve on Normal with about 6 Skulls turned on. Try the missions Osiris or Genesis. Osiris is very short, but if that doesn't work well, Genesis has a ton of vehicle points.

MrSerrano1105

• Gunnery Sergeant
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile

Yeah the time is really bad  ::) but I'll have to try that when I pass the campaign on legendary solo and Thanks for the info  Mathguy!

My time has been about 1 hr on some of the missions lol  :facepalm:
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 23 queries.