• June 26, 2017, 01:20:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Home of the best teams ever assembled!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Assassin's Creed: Origins Reveal and More  (Read 79 times)

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 23
    • The Quest For 52
Assassin's Creed: Origins Reveal and More
« on: June 16, 2017, 06:02:45 PM »

Assassin’s Creed has been a yearly franchise until Ubisoft decided to give the next title an extra year of development to reinvent the series. This week we got our first look at Assassin’s Creed: Origins. You play the role of Bayek, with the story taking place in Egypt as Cleopatra VII is the ruler and the expanding Roman Empire is on the doorstep. Bayek is a Medjay, which are a group of mercenaries turned into the guards of the Pharaoh as well as general problem solvers of the people. With his group growing smaller he seeks to form a new collection of warriors, which makes him the founder of the Brotherhood of Assassins. 

Ubisoft wanted to improve the series and they’ve made quite a few changes in an attempt to do so. The first thing to point out is a more RPG approach to the game. Enemies, as well as yourself, now have a level system to show areas that you may not be intended to continue through just yet. Your level will also allow unlocks along a skill tree as you progress. Enemies will now drop loot for you to collect with some pieces of gear having additional abilities. Even with these changes it’s still the same stealth or action style you’re familiar with in other entries.

There is also a second character which will be vital to playing the game. Senu, is a companion Eagle that can fly out and identify the enemies in the area whenever you want. Since this is a time before the Brotherhood has been established this is the first eagle vision ability, literally. This is also a replacement to your minimap which is no longer shown on screen. To see all of these things in action I suggest you checkout the gameplay demo below.

Of course it isn’t a new Assassin’s Creed game without a selection of editions to get. Here’s your options to choose from, with one last trailer at the bottom.

Standard Edition – $59.99

Assassin’s Creed Origins is a new beginning. Take on epic enemies with a whole new combat system. Explore the Great Pyramids and hidden tombs across the country of Ancient Egypt. Experience visceral quests that contribute to your overall progression and discover the origin story of the Assassin’s Brotherhood.

Pre-order for the Secrets of the first Pyramids bonus mission.

Deluxe Edition – $69.99

Pre-order bonus mission:
– Secrets of the first Pyramids

Desert Cobra Pack:
– Eye of Apep
– Legendary Snake Shield
– Desert Cobra Outfit
– Fangs Horse Companion
– 3 Bonus Ability Points
– Fang Sickle Sword

Gold Edition – $99.99 (Digital Only)

– Deluxe Edition content
– Season Pass

SteelBook Gold Edition – $109.99

– Deluxe Edition content
– Season Pass
– SteelBook case

God’s Collector’s Edition – $119.99

The GODS Collector’s Edition includes the Deluxe Edition game, Bayek figurine, map, soundtrack, and art book. Deluxe game includes bonus mission and bonus Desert Cobra content pack.

The Collector’s Edition contains all the essentials to discover the mysteries of Ancient Egypt.
– Includes a copy of the Deluxe Edition and bonus digital content.
– 10.2″ Bayek figurine standing on the Sekhmet Statue
– The lioness goddess Map, official game soundtrack, and art book, featuring artwork from Ubisoft Montreal artists All packaged in a premium Egyptian Gods themed collectible box

Dawn Of The Creed Collector’s Edition – $159.99

The Assassin’s Creed Origins Dawn of The Creed Edition includes the Gold Steelbook Editon of the game, Season Pass, 15.3″ Bayek Figurine, World Map, Soundtrack, Art Book, two Art Cards, and Bayek’s Eagle Amulet.

– GET THE ASSASSIN’S CREED ORIGINS DAWN OF THE CREED COLLECTOR’S EDITION – EXCLUSIVELY ON UPLAY
– High-end Bayek & Senu Figurine (height 15.4 inches)- By Ubi Collectibles
– The Assassin’s Creed Origins Gold Edition (PC is Digital Download) includes the Season Pass, Digital Deluxe Pack, and an additional mission.
– The World Map: explore the Edgypt of Assassin’s Creed Origins with this hand-drawn artistic representation

Dawn Of The Creed Legendary Edition – $799.99 (Currently Sold Out)

The Assassin’s Creed Origins Dawn of The Creed Legendary Edition includes the Gold Steelbook Edition of the game, Season Pass, 28.7″” Bayek Statue, World Map, four Lithographs, Soundtrack, Art Book, Art Cards and Bayek’s Eagle Amulet.

– EXCLUSIVELY ON UPLAY – Only 200 units sold in North America
– High-end Bayek & Senu Figurine (height 28.7 inches)- By Ubi Collectibles
– The Assassin’s Creed Origins Gold Edition (PC is Digital Download) includes the Season Pass, Digital Deluxe Pack, and an additional mission.
– The World Map: explore the Edgypt of Assassin’s Creed Origins with this hand-drawn artistic representation
– Also Includes: Premium Collector’s Case, Replica of Bayek’s eagle skull amulet, Steelbook, Artbook, Four 15 x 11 Lithographs, and the official game soundtrack.

Read the full story

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 06:10:27 PM by Stig Assassin »

MrSerrano1105

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • You have failed this city
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins Reveal and More
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 06:40:43 PM »

I'm really looking forward to this, I think they picked a great place for the game. I really hope we could go inside the pyramids and see what mysteries we uncover. A lot of people are saying that this is not AC, not sure what they mean about that and that it plays similar to FOR HONOR (never played it). I'll be going for the Gold Edition, I really hope this game is like Assassin's Creed Syndicate which had no multiplayer.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 07:12:08 PM »

Oh, I forgot to list the release date as October 27th.  :facepalm:

Confirmed, there is no multiplayer. At least that's what the game description page says.

The new lunging movement of combat looks similar to For Honor, but I don't think it's going that far to play like it.

This is the first AC I haven't immediately gotten excited for. I'm a bit skeptical with all the changes they made. It's surprising they didn't have an exaggerated cinematic trailer this time. I always look forward to those because they're so good, but it's nice that they've shown so much actual gameplay and in-game graphics.

R MK XXV

• Spartan
    • R MK XXV
    • R MK XXV
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 12:42:13 PM »

$800 for a boxset?  AND IT SOLD OUT?

Wow! Just when you think you've seen everything ...

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 05:58:49 PM »

$800 for a boxset?  AND IT SOLD OUT?

Wow! Just when you think you've seen everything ...

Exactly what I thought. But it's available now. Either I saw the selection before that one was open to pre-order, or a bunch of people noticed how insane the price is after buying it.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 25 queries.