• August 23, 2017, 02:01:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

It takes 2 to Tango.

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [Guide] Halo 3 Achievement Guide  (Read 1688 times)

Mahdi

• Founder of SIP
  • Fear is the mind killer
    • Frakjoy
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 7
    • Founder
[Guide] Halo 3 Achievement Guide
« on: June 25, 2011, 09:20:44 AM »

Legendary

Video Guide
Advice

Tip: play Co Op with three other people you know have a good connection. Whether you Finish the Fight solo or Co Op, the achievement will still be unlocked.

Marathon Man

Advice

Tip - make sure you scroll through all of the text in the Terminals until the screen flashes red. Once the text is done scrolling, simply exit the Terminal. Failure to finish viewing all of the material on the Terminals will not unlock the achievement.

Spartan Officer

Advice

Tip- Simply get 20 EXP to get this achievement.

Skulls

Video Guides

Famine

Tilt

Black Eye

Iron

Thunderstorm

Mythic

Tough Luck

Catch

Fog

Grunt Birthday Party

Blind

Cowbell

IWHBYD

Meta Scoring

☼ Video Guide: None
Advice
Advice

By Mission

Iron (3x): If you die, restart from beginning of level. Never use this one.
Black Eye (1.5x): When you lose your shield, you have to melee to get it back. Not worth it.
Tough Luck (1.5x): Enemies always charge you. Game play is pretty much the same except the little grunts don't run away anymore. Not a big deal.
Catch (1.5x): Enemies throw tons of grenades. Not so bad. I've found that if an enemy throws grenades, there are more grenades for me to pick up and use...
Fog (1.5x): No radar. I rarely use my radar during campaign. I've found radar is usually only useful against the flood.
Famine (2x): Enemies drop 50% ammo. This isn't so bad if you're a good shot. And you can always trade weapons from your allies on most levels. Great for vehicle levels.
Thunderstorm (1.5): All enemies receive a level up. This really isn't noticeable on Normal.
Tilt (2x): Increase enemy resistances. Unless you keep a plasma pistol as a secondary, don't use this one. With this active, you'll basically need to "newb combo" brutes and heroes.
Mythic (2x): All enemies have double health. Not too noticeable on Normal. A headshot is still a headshot! However, combined with Thunderstorm, this can be a pain. I recommend one or the other, not both.

The best piece of advice I can give is to achieve style points. Style points are just like medals in multiplayer. Stick the brutes and headshot everything. Headshotting racks up the points, and can be quite entertaining with the silver Grunt Birthday Party skull active.
Yay!

*I’ve included achievements that can be unlocked in campaign mode. The tips on unlocking additional achievements are optional and can be done later (on easy mode too).

Sierra 117
Difficulty: Normal
Time: 2x (20-25 minutes)
Skulls: 4(Tough Luck, Catch, Fog, Thunderstorm) 6x
The skulls combined with my time bonus was overkill. Turn off your least favorite skull to complete even faster.

Crow's Nest
Time: 2.5x (20-25 minutes)
Skulls: 3(Tough Luck, Fog, Thunderstorm) 4.5x
I decided to turn off Catch for this one. All the grunts turned the level into a grenade fest and I was dying right after the first door. Use the pistol for headshots on the grunts until you can find a BR.

Tsavo Highway
Time: 2.5x (15-20 minutes)
Skulls: 3(Tough Luck, Fog, Famine) 5x
Utilize the Famine skull this level. You are hardly on foot, therefore, need no ammo.
After you fight the first wraith, hop in your new warthog and drive to the highway. Right near the flipped warthog should be a landmine.

Proceed on foot and fight the choppers. Soften them up a bit and lay out a landmine for them to run over. You will unlock 'We're in for some chop.'

The Storm
Time: 2.5x (15-20 minutes)
Pretty much another vehicle level until the end of the level.

Floodgate
Time: 2.5x (10-15 minutes)
Skulls: 3(Tough Luck, Catch, Thunderstorm) 4.5x
The flood doesn’t use grenades, therefore Catch is a freebie! Radar is useful against the ambushing flood.

The Ark
Time: 2x (30-40 minutes)
Snipe the brutes and headshot the grunts. Later, try to be on foot as little as possible.
Hijack a ride instead of blowing choppers/ghosts up with the rocket launcher. It's much easier to defeat the wraiths this way (right before you get your tank).
Get 10 headshots with the sniper rifle to unlock 'Headshot Hancho.'
Grab the needler after you fight the two hunters and take out the next 5 grunts for ‘Fear the Pink Mist.’
Launch a rocket at the vehicle carrying 3 brutes to unlock 'Used Car Salesman.'

The Covenant
Time: 2x (30-40 minutes)
Skulls: 3(Thunderstorm, Fog, Catch) 4.5x
Before you get in your first warthog, take out a Banshee with your Spartan Laser to unlock 'Too Close to the Sun’

Cortana
Time: 1x (30+ minutes)
Skulls: 3(Tough Luck, Catch, Thunderstorm) 4.5x
The flood doesn’t use grenades and you'll need radar for ambushes. This is by far the worst level in the game. Time bonus seems impossible. Just take your time; you can pass this without a time bonus and several deaths.

Halo
Time: 2x (20-25 minutes)
Skulls: 3(Tough Luck, Catch, Fog) 4.5x
The flood isn’t too bad without radar. If you still want your radar, substitute Fog with Thunderstorm. This level is pretty easy if you have decent driving skills.

Co Op

I recommend that you pair up with at least 1 -2 people who already have the Meta Scoring; I have personally assisted SIP members in the past and my best strategy is to lay cover fire (not killing fire) for the person "in need" of scoring.

Let me explain: Take the Chieftain's helmet off but don't kill him, let the "person in need" do that, kill the gunner on a wraith but do not destroy the wraith, let the person in need do that, etc. Also, be giving: give the sniper, battle riffle, carbine, and all other good weapons to the person in need. Hopefully there are SIP members out there who can help.

Skulls to use

Sierra 117
Black Eye
Tough Luck
Catch
Tilt
Mythic

Crow's Nest
Tough Luck
Fog (Only if you know the level well)
Famine
Thunderstorm

Tsavo Highway
Tough Luck
Famine (Use the Chopper at the end part)

The Storm
Black Eye (On Normal)
Tough Luck
Fog (I wouldn't reccomend it)

Floodgate
Iron
Black Eye (Use caution)
Tough Luck
Catch
Famine (Only if you know the level well)
Tilt
Mythic

The Ark
Tough Luck
Catch
Famine (Only if you know the level well)

The Covenant
Tough Luck
Thuderstorm (Only if you are skilled)
Tilt (Use Needlers)

Cortana
Tough Luck
Catch

Halo
Tough Luck
Catch
Famine (If you rely on weapons from dead Flood)

« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:27:23 PM by Clever Error »

Mahdi

• Founder of SIP
    • Frakjoy
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • Founder
Re: [Guide] Halo 3
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 09:35:01 AM »

Two For One

Advice

Tip - The best map to get Two for One is High Ground. Simply go up and get the Spartan Laser. Be patient. You need to wait until two or more enemies are fighting each other at a close range. Charge up the laser, and aim at one of them. That person MIGHT try to melee the other person. That is time to get them. Achievement Unlocked.

Used Car Salesman

Advice

Tip - Go into the Ark and get a Rocket Launcher near a broken ship. Shortly after Brutes will be in vehicles.Throw a grenade making the vehicle weak than finish it with the Rocket Laucher. I would not try this in multiplayer, as it is much harder in Matchmaking.

Maybe Next Time Buddy

Article

Tip - This is one of the few achievements that can be aquired in Rumble Pit. However, it is still simple to achieve in Lone Wolves. I suggest that you go on the map Snowbound. Get in a vehicle, and just try to get some points. At one point, someone will try to board your vehicle. Quickly after that happens, try to get that player to go after you. Jump while the vehicle comes toward you. You should be given the option to board that players vehicle. Board it, and achievement unlocked.

Mongoose Mowdown

Article

Tips - This achievement can be earned on High Ground. Simply drive up and down from the beach to the gate. Watch for people in combat, it is easier to splatter in a mongoose when an enemy's shields are still low.

Or This achievement is easily achieved in Isolation. Spend your time on the Mongoose. People will usually try to camp in the Shotgun area. Go over there at a fast speed, and you should get them. Achievement unlocked.

Headshot Honcho

Game Type -Practice and improve your chances of getting headshots.

Tip - This achievement is easy to get in the campaign level The Ark. You start out with a Sniper Rifle. Simply get a headshot on ten enemies, and you will have the achievement. It is harder to get in matchmaking, however it is quiet easy in the map The Pit.

Overkill

Article

Tips - This can easily be done in any Swords game, but it can also be done while playing Oddball on Guardian. If you are playing Swords, throw a grenade at a group of people who are fighting. After that, you can either throw another grenade at other people OR you can use your Sword.

Overkill can be easily accomplished through any objective game type since your enemies are not focused on killing but instead they are focused on the objective.

Lee R. Wilson Memorial

Article

Tips - Make sure you have Plasma or Spike grenades selected. When you see an opponent try to get close enough and they should attempt to melee you. Just throw the grenade and its a surefire stick.
Repeat process 5 times just to make sure.

Easily done on smaller maps, in close quarters. Stay near the desired grenade respawn point, and focus on sticking your enemies as a method of death.

The best map to get this on is Construct. Get some sticky grenades and go to the top floor on the map. Just stay there for the whole entire game and stick people.

Up Close and Personal

Article

Tips- You get this on almost any map in matchmaking. Just melee five enemies, and you will get the achievement.

Easily earned on small maps such as Guardian or Epitaph with the Odd Ball game type.

Mahdi

• Founder of SIP
    • Frakjoy
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • Founder
Re: [Guide] Halo 3
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 09:46:12 AM »

Steppin' Razor

Article

Tip- The best map to get this achievement is The Pit. The best gametypes to get this in are King of the Hill and Swords. In King of the Hill on The Pit, go the Sword Room and get the Sword. Go towards the hill. All the enemies should be there. If you can get three of them, you can get the achievement.

Any Swords game type where the map is smaller (Guardian or Epitaph) simply wait until people gather together and take them out.

Triple Kill

Article

Tip- This map can easily be achieved in some of the following maps: Construct (Slayer), Snowbound (Swords), Guardian (Swords), and The Pit (Swords). Swords is the best gametype to get this on.

Killing Frenzy

Article

Tip - I will tell you how I got this achievement. I was on Epitaph. I had the Gravity Hammer and the Shotgun. I stayed on the outside part of the map, and just waited for the enemies. After killing ten of them, I got my achievement.

Easily done on objective tpye games on any map with a BR and Sniper Riffle. Simple kill one person at a time, hide, kill, hide, and repeat until you get to 10.

We're in for some Chop

Article

Tips - Go in the level Tsavo Highway. Continue in the level until you see a Fuel Rod. Once you see the Fuel Rod, take it, and look around the area for a Trip Mine (it will be in/near what appears to be a base). Once you got everything, don't use it. Continue on until you see Brutes in Choppers. Shoot your Fuel Rod at the Chopper, but don't destroy it (you can also try to use a Plasma Pistol, just charge it up, and fire at the Chopper). Then, when the Chopper comes at you, throw the Trip Mine. Achievement Unlocked.

Load the Mission from the second starting point. You may want to destroy the Warthogs that the Peilican drops off in order ro prevent the Marines from destroying the Choppers.

Fear the Pink Mist

Article

Tip - This is pretty easy to get. Just go on Sierra 117 and get the Needler. Kill five of the enemies, and you will get the achievement.

Too Close to the Sun

Article

This is best obtained through the campaign level the 'Covenant'. Start at the beginning and play until you destroy the first anti air wraith(almost at the very beginning of the level). After that, a pelican will drop off a warthog. In front of it will be two banshees flying in the air. All you must do is shoot one with your spartan laser.

MVP

Article

Tip - It's pretty easy to get this achievement. Go in a ranked Team Doubles match and try to do your best. Just get the most kills, and you are the MVP.

Legendary Maps

Avalanche
Blackout
Ghost Town

Vidmaster Challenge: Lightswitch (0 points) – Get to the rank of Lieutenant in any playlist in the new EXP progression system.

Simply work your way up to a skill level of 10 and accumulate 50 experience points.

Vidmaster Challenge: 7 on 7 (0 points) – Enter into any ranked or social playlist with 7 EXP on the 7th of the month.

Simply play numerous in a designated playlist for that day (only available on that day) on the Seventh of any month.

Vidmaster Challenge: Annual (0 points) – After 9/25/08, complete Halo on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and everyone in Ghosts.

This is a little tricky. Iron is a difficficult Skull since it forces every member to the last check point of the Campaign mission upon any party member's death. This achievement requires team work, communication, and reserved playing. Only the last misson (Halo) of the Campaign missions must be completed with 4 players co-op, on the Legendary difficulty, with the Iron Skull on.

Double Double (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get two Double Kills during any ranked or social match.

Simply score a Double Kill on Avalanche, Blackout, or Ghost Town. This may be easier to accomplish on objective type games.This achievement may be easier to earn on a smaller map such as Blackout of Ghost Town.

Article

Poor Yorick (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 3 Oddball melee kills during any ranked or social match.

This achievement is most likely to be earned on Blackout since it is the smaller of the Legendary maps. Once you grab the Oddball, try to stay near the Bubbleshield and beatdown three people while holding the Oddball.

When the October update comes into place, oddball will be seen more in matchmaking. This is your chance to get the alas poor yorik achievement. However, here are some useful tips.
*Remember if you have the skull, you are visible to everyone. Try to hang around corners for that melee.*
*THE ODDBALL DOES NOT KILL IN ONE HIT. That means you either have to hit em twice or get them when their shields are down.*
*Keep an eye on your points. If you want the achievement, you can’t win first.*

Team Doubles- Occasionaly, oddball will show up on ghost town in team doubles. This is an easy way to get the achievement.
1. Get The ball.
2. Get a bubble shield.
3. Throw down bubble shield.
4. Let your partner weaken them, then finish them off with a melee.
5. Rinse and Repeat.
6. Be sure to let you partner have a chance for the achievement too.

Article

Came…From…Behind (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get 3 assassinations during any ranked or social match.

Kill three enemies with the Sword on Blackout while croutch camping in the middle-lower level room (where the Power Drain is located) from behind.

Article

Defend This (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get a flag melee kill during any ranked or social match.

Most likely to be earned on Blackout or Ghost Town since the maps have more structures, which allow you to melee around corners as your enemies approach you.

Flag Dropped (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 2 flag carrier kills during any ranked or social match.

Avalance is the best map to earn this achievement since it is loaded with vehicles and has an open environment which forces the flag carrier to cross open land.

Road Rage (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 5 Warthog chaingun kills during any ranked or social match.

Avalance is the only map where this achievement is possible since it is the only map with vehicles. Simply drive from one side of the map to the other in a Warthog and aim for your enemies, and remember to take turns from driving to manning the chaingun.

Look Both Ways (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get a Splatter Spree during any ranked or social match.

Avalance and Ghost Town are the only maps where this achievement is possible since it is the only maps with vehicles. Simply drive from one side of the map to the other in a Warthog or Ghost, or mongoose (Ghost Town) and aim for your enemies.

This achievement is best obtained in DLC Big Team. When the October update arrives, legendary maps will arrive after the first veto so no more standoff and sand trap for you to worry about.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 09:57:40 AM by Mahdi »

Mahdi

• Founder of SIP
    • Frakjoy
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • Founder
Re: [Guide] Halo 3 Achievement Guide
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 10:15:49 AM »

Mythic Map Pack Achievements

Vidmaster Challenge: Brainpan

Find all the hidden skulls on the Mythic maps.

url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYZhcJUzh98]Skulls Video Guide[/url]

Sandbox Tunnel to skull

Killtacular

Have Fun Respawning

Hammer Time

On Assembly, get 5 Hammer kills during any ranked or social match.   

Post Mortem   

On Orbital, get 2 Death From the Grave medals during any ranked or social match.   

… Get the Horns   

On a Mythic map, get a Bulltrue medal during any ranked or social match.   

Awww, Too Bad

On a Mythic map, get a Killjoy medal during any ranked or social match.   

Save This Film

On a Mythic map, get a Perfection medal during any ranked or social match.

Delicious Brains

On a Mythic map, infect 2 humans during any ranked or social match.   

Zombie Repeller   

On a Mythic map, kill 2 Zombies during any ranked or social match.   

Tank Dropper

On any Mythic map, get a kill on another player while in monitor mode.

Tip - easily done on Sandbox.

Pull    

On Citadel, get a Shotgun Spree during any ranked or social match.   

Blades of Fury   

On Heretic, get a Sword Spree during any ranked or social match.   

Ghost Patrol

On Longshore, get 3 kills with a Ghost during any ranked or social match.   

Tip - simply shoot or splatter 3 enemies with the ghost.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:24:03 AM by Mahdi »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 25 queries.