• November 23, 2017, 02:42:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Spam addicts since 08

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: Prev 1 ... 57 58 [59]

Author Topic: Forza Motorsport and Car Guy Thread  (Read 23952 times)

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 24
    • The Quest For 52
Re: Forza Motorsport and Car Guy Thread
« Reply #870 on: September 23, 2017, 04:15:35 PM »

I know Forza isn't that popular around here so I tend to avoid posting news until there's a lot. So here's a bunch of news.

Forza Motorsport 7 has gone Gold and Turn 10 has released a demo to the store to celebrate. You can get it for free now to try the new Porsche on Dubai, the racing semi trucks on Mugello, and a rain race on Nurburgring GP in a Nissan touring car.

We also have the new launch trailer.

New details have been released on the car performance index system. It will be much of the same, but each class will also have ceilings for specifications so clever players aren't able to give a car a ridiculous amount of horsepower and still stay in a lower tier. The goal is keeping more cars competitive in each tier making the races balanced.

For veterans of the series you know that there's always exclusive or early access to cars or money at the start of a new game thanks to the Forza Rewards program. The new set of rewards is actually going to be driver suit sets based on your tier as well as something called prize crates. There are currently 11 tiers, and each tier will have a suit based on one of the 11 games of the series with each tier you go up being an older title. You can see the screenshot of each suit below.

Forza Rewards is also getting a few changes. First of all, and the most obvious thing, a 12th tier will be added when Forza 7 launches that will be another 3,000 points up. Now there are two major changes coming to the program. Instead of being able to redeem monthly credit rewards it will now be weekly rewards. All you have to do is visit the Forza Hub app on Xb1 or Windows 10, or visit the Forzamotorsport.net website and redeem from the rewards panel. Additionally, Turn 10 has listened to the fans and finally decided to suspend DLC and Token purchases from the rewards program. There will instead be different challenges to meet within the game to show your expertise. They have also been generous with this move and will retroactively award full DLC and Token points for each title that you have played.

Finally, if you haven't seen it yet TrueAchievements had the exclusive reveal of the achievement list. Mostly your standard Forza grind with a few new skill based difficult ones. Then we have "Underdog" which is the reincarnation of the dreaded "Thru the Pack" from Forza 6.

That's it for the news. All I have to say is try the demo if you're considering this. The new camera shake really disorients me and for some reason the behind the car camera angle completely throws off my depth perception when it usually doesn't. It's not enough for me to not want the game, but I do have more issues going into this one than I usually do. Try it to see for yourself.

dowders

• Sergeant
  • Always actin up
    • dowders
    • dowders
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
    • twitter
« Reply #871 on: September 24, 2017, 02:46:52 AM »

It's getting to the point now where i feel like i need a wheel to be competitive, even in the offline stuff.

Also, Forza 5, what is the deal with the gold/silver/bronze band system? No point going for first when you can aim for 3rd and get the same money. It's stupid. Does that carry into 6 & 7 Stig?

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #872 on: September 25, 2017, 07:36:05 PM »

You don't need a wheel to be competitive. Just look at the Forza Racing Championship and you'll see that the majority of the top players are on regular or elite controllers.

It's been a while since I played 5 so I don't exactly remember how that worked. But they did change the Motorsport games on the X1 to be more lenient and only need a podium finish to get credit for completing a race. Of course the Esports league they're trying to build started after 6 released so it might be changed to something more competitive in 7.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #873 on: October 05, 2017, 09:40:11 PM »

I normally give Forza high praise and let the typical launch bugs slide a little. So mark the calendar because this is a first.

Forza 7 is complete garbage right now. I could go on for half a page about why, and I did just delete 2 paragraphs, but I won't. All I'm going to say is it's gotten so bad that right now launching the game crashes back to the dashboard. Then there's the in-game stuff...

dowders

• Sergeant
  • Always actin up
    • dowders
    • dowders
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
    • twitter
« Reply #874 on: October 06, 2017, 10:41:19 AM »

Glad I held off then!
Pages: Prev 1 ... 57 58 [59]

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 26 queries.