• December 17, 2017, 08:15:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Will you be my bullet sponge?

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Next

Author Topic: Halo 5: Guardians  (Read 18378 times)

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
  • Awards: 5
Halo 5: Guardians
« on: May 16, 2014, 06:55:45 AM »

So the next Halo game has been officially announced today as Halo 5: Guardians. The game is set to release on the Xbox One in Fall of 2015.

Discuss your thoughts on the game here.

aDrunkBaconGod

• Helljumper Cosmic Avenger
  • Captain
  • Keep Calm and Reap On
    • aDrunkBaconGod
    • aDrunkBaconGod
  • Awards: 12
Re: Halo 5: Guardians
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 08:21:00 AM »

We kind of knew that this was going to happen, but I'm happy that they finally confirmed it. If they announce Halo 2 Anniversary at E3, then I'm sold and will be getting a Xbox One before it comes out.

R MK XXV

• Spartan
    • R MK XXV
    • R MK XXV
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 12:28:14 PM »

This was posted on Major Nelson's blog a moment ago:

The Halo Journey

Minutes ago on Xbox Wire, 343 Industries General Manager Bonnie Ross revealed Halo 5: Guardians- and more. Find her entire post below:

Halo 5
Any time you transition to a new platform, there is the opportunity to look at things with a new perspective. For us at 343 Industries, the launch of the Xbox One was an opportunity to think about what stories we wanted to tell, how to tell them, and how best to push the Halo franchise to showcase the platform. And, most importantly, combining our passion for Halo with the vocal and informative input from our fans.

Halo isn’t simply a perennial game franchise, it’s a part of the Xbox platform itself. In terms of innovation and ideation, it’s sometimes important to people who might not even play Halo. And of course it’s a passion and an essential experience for two generations of gamers.  So we asked ourselves, how do we begin and where do we go with Halo on Xbox One?

In the past, Halo games have pushed the Xbox forward, showcasing the console and its ecosystem in entertaining and innovative ways. Making a Halo game that runs at 60 frames per second, on dedicated servers, with the scope, features and scale we’ve been dreaming of for more than a decade, is non-trivial.  It’s a task that we, at 343 Industries, are taking very seriously to ensure we deliver the Halo game that fans deserve, and a game that is built from the ground up for Xbox One.

I’m happy to reveal that Halo 5: Guardians, the next installment in the legendary saga of the Master Chief, will launch on Xbox One in fall of 2015.  In the tradition of every Halo game since its debut in 2001, it is a massive and exciting project.

Halo 5: Guardians is a bigger effort than Halo 4.  That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine.  Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen.

It’s a game that will hopefully demonstrate the talent, learnings and abilities of the 343 Industries team. A game that will incorporate the things we learned from Halo 4 about technology, aesthetics, performance and scale – and perhaps more importantly, understanding and embracing a community of gamers who love what lies at the heart of this game, and the limitless potential of the Halo universe.

And 2015 won’t simply be the year of Halo 5: Guardians, it will also be a year that offers us a unique opportunity. The opportunity to invite old friends and new audiences into that universe through the Halo television series, launched as a unique collaboration with Steven Spielberg and some of the finest creative minds in the business.  A series that will stand alone, as well as complement and enrich the game experience.  We’ll have more to share on the Halo television series as we near its projected fall 2015 release.

Your Journey Begins in 2014

Many fans noted that I was very deliberate with my phrasing on stage at E3 last year. I spoke about a “journey,” rather than a destination – and that journey definitely begins in 2014 with a giant leap, rather than one small step. We’ll give you much more information about our plans for this year at the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9, and we’re confident that Halo fans will be pretty excited the special plans we have in store.

So until E3, I’d like to express my gratitude to our massive and varied Halo community, whose energy, enthusiasm, criticism and kindness are the driving force behind what we do and what we hope to achieve in Halo 5: Guardians.

MrFish

• Spartan
    • Mr Fish 68
    • Mr Fish 68
  • Awards: 2
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 12:29:45 PM »

Bonnie Ross on Halo 5: https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/the-great-journey

Frank O'Connor on Halo 5: https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/the-great-journey

Halo 5 Wallpapers: https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/waypoint/posts/halo-5-guardians-wallpapers

Not much information just yet, but Bonnie Ross did still mention the overall goal of 60FPS and dedicated servers, so that much has not gone away. We'll be getting much more information during Microsoft's E3 press conference on Monday June 9th at 9:30 AM PST. I can not wait until then! :)

R MK XXV

• Spartan
    • R MK XXV
    • R MK XXV
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 12:36:58 PM »

Ooooh, That's interesting. 

If you look at the Spartan on the top of the Guardians wallpaper ... there is a ONI symbol on the brestplate. 

Click on the image to enlarge.

Could it be Naomi 010?

MrFish

• Spartan
    • Mr Fish 68
    • Mr Fish 68
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 12:54:17 PM »

Master Chief was first shown to be wearing a cloak, carrying his broken Cortana Chip around in the E3 trailer last year. This could mean that he has since defected from the UNSC, in an attempt to find a fix for Cortana. The only person that could possibly fix that would be Dr. Halsey, who is currently an enemy of the UNSC, so getting help from her would be a huge no no for Chief, which would give chief reason to leave the UNSC. That type of cover art is generally used to convey good and evil, and has been used many times for video game covers in the past. This could mean that Master Chief is being hunted down by someone from the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI), and the only reason for that would be what I listed above. What is probably the most interesting is that Master Chief is shown on the bottom of the reflection, which is generally reserved for the bad guy in situation. This is all speculation of course, but I am pretty excited to see chief on the bottom of the image.

Here are a couple examples of the box arts that I was talking about:

JR1203

• Spartan
  • I may have killed the last zombie...
    • JR1203
  • Awards: 6
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 02:48:07 PM »

Excellent thinking, MrFish.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 24
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 02:51:10 PM »

Your Journey Begins in 2014

Many fans noted that I was very deliberate with my phrasing on stage at E3 last year. I spoke about a “journey,” rather than a destination – and that journey definitely begins in 2014 with a giant leap, rather than one small step. We’ll give you much more information about our plans for this year at the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9, and we’re confident that Halo fans will be pretty excited the special plans we have in store.

To me, that section pretty much confirms that Halo 2 Anniversary is going to be revealed at E3. Which system it's coming to is anybody's guess though. These announcements Microsoft have made in the last few days really confuse me. The reveal of Halo 5, the removal of Kinect and the start of Games with Gold on Xbox One are all great things you could end a press conference with and leave as a rock star. If this is what they cut from the press conference what announcements do they have that could be even bigger? :o

JR1203

• Spartan
  • I may have killed the last zombie...
    • JR1203
  • Awards: 6
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 02:55:44 PM »

If this is what they cut from the press conference what announcements do they have that could be even bigger? :o

Xbox Two  8)

ATLNinjalo

• Everyone's friendly neighborhood fatman.
  • Spartan
  • Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • Bookface
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 03:08:14 PM »

If this is what they cut from the press conference what announcements do they have that could be even bigger? :o

Xbox Two  8)

Morgan Freeman doing all voices for everything released on Xbox from here on. All future games will be voiced by him and him alone.

TravisSch

• Lieutenant
  • Disney Fanatic
    • TravisSch
    • TravisSch
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 05:48:20 PM »

Xbox Two  8)

Morgan Freeman doing all voices for everything released on Xbox from here on. All future games will be voiced by him and him alone.
Morgan Freeman... CONFIRMED!!!  Kidding... :P

In all seriousness, I was very surprised this news came out before E3.  I thought the Halo announcement would of been put at the end of Microsoft's press conference as a big end to the show.  It could still happen that way, but everyone now won't be as surprised because they know Halo 5 is coming.

I'm hoping they announce Halo 2 Anniversary for later this year.  I need my Halo fix on Xbox One (besides Spartan Assault).

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 01:30:42 PM »

Could it be Naomi 010?
Probably not. Both Frankie and Josh Holmes have confirmed that the Spartan in that image is male.

B1ack Sword

• Lance Corporal
  • Bow before the Sword
    • B1ack Sword
    • B1ack Sword
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • B1ack Sword
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 07:42:17 PM »

Could it be Naomi 010?
Probably not. Both Frankie and Josh Holmes have confirmed that the Spartan in that image is male.

and that it is a NEW character
ive been writing my thoughts on this and will have it up in a post shortly.

swifttime

• Lance Corporal
  • The swift talks in third person because he can!!!
    • SIP swifttime
    • SIP swifttime
  • Awards: 1
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 12:45:49 PM »

Calling it now, they are making a new character by re-introducing an old character. You know him, you love him, it's Sgt. Johnson's evil brainwashed ONI clone ( he's a new character because he's completely different from the old Johnson since he now has a snidely whiplash mustache and chrome teeth).

oviate1

• Captain
  • They've gone the plaid!!
    • oviate1
  • Awards: 7
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 06:57:12 PM »

Calling it now, they are making a new character by re-introducing an old character. You know him, you love him, it's Sgt. Johnson's evil brainwashed ONI clone ( he's a new character because he's completely different from the old Johnson since he now has a snidely whiplash mustache and chrome teeth).
Johnson's back and he's pissed off. He's on the lookout for Contact Tango and he wants revenge for thousands of nudges off a cliff and even more teabags!!  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Next

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 25 queries.