• June 22, 2017, 08:07:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Point.  Shoot.  Bang.

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25 Next

Author Topic: Halo 5: Guardians  (Read 13851 times)

swifttime

• Lance Corporal
  • The swift talks in third person because he can!!!
    • SIP swifttime
    • SIP swifttime
  • Awards: 1
Re: Halo 5: Guardians
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 07:04:49 PM »

Vengeance in the form of ripping him inside out and using tango as a baseball bat. Also really hoping the game switches perspective between Chief and this new Spartan.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 23
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 08:08:12 PM »

Johnson's back and he's pissed off. He's on the lookout for Contact Tango and he wants revenge for thousands of nudges off a cliff and even more teabags!!  ;D

Now that's the kind of story that would get me to buy the game, and the console.  ;D

BREQ

• Commander
  • Never trouble trouble
    • BREQ
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 7
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 05:24:03 AM »

Johnson's back and he's pissed off. He's on the lookout for Contact Tango and he wants revenge for thousands of nudges off a cliff and even more teabags!!  ;D

Now that's the kind of story that would get me to buy the game, and the console.  ;D
I'll second that.
 *throws cash at the screen

B1ack Sword

• Lance Corporal
  • Bow before the Sword
    • B1ack Sword
    • B1ack Sword
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 2
    • B1ack Sword
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 08:45:14 AM »

I cannot wait for this game. I ve written a post about it on my site. I think if it is following the Forerunner Saga novels then we are going to be in for a treat.

TravisSch

• Lieutenant
  • Disney Fanatic
    • TravisSch
    • TravisSch
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2014, 08:25:38 PM »

Halo 5 Guardians Beta trailer (included with Halo: The Master Chief Collection game).  Beta starts December 27th, 2014:

aDrunkBaconGod

• Helljumper Cosmic Avenger
  • Captain
  • Keep Calm and Reap On
    • aDrunkBaconGod
    • aDrunkBaconGod
  • Awards: 12
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 01:02:21 PM »

Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer won't have Armor Abilities

343 to restore a "level playing field" between combatants

http://www.totalxbox.com/78092/halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-wont-have-armor-abilities/

Were/are you keen on Halo 4's Armor Abilities? Comprising a range of active and passive buffs such as the ability to see through walls or conjure a shield, they're among the things that most obviously set the game apart from predecessors. Many fans weren't amused, styling this the "Call of Dutification" of Halo. Good news, detractors - according to 343's design director Bradford Welch, there's none of that sort of thing in Halo 5: Guardians for Xbox One.

"Arena means what you'd expect," he said of a reference to "next generation arena multiplayer" in the below trailer for the game's beta, which begins in December. "Competitive focus, level playing field, map control. Spartan abilities are player mechanics not loadout AAs." These abilities are "things that every player can do inherently with their Spartan," Welch added, when pestered by Twitter followers.

Beyond that, pretty much all we know about Halo 5's multiplayer is that it runs at 60 frames a second on dedicated servers, and includes a number of returning weapons. Catch brief glimpses of the arsenal in the video. I'm a little saddened by the loss of Armor Abilities, personally - I quite liked how they allowed you to distinguish playstyles. Still, there are always map item and weapon drops, I suppose.

It's not yet clear whether Halo 4's other big controversial multiplayer feature - the streak system - will return in Halo 5. What would you retain, and what would you chuck away?

R MK XXV

• Spartan
    • R MK XXV
    • R MK XXV
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 11:15:47 PM »

343 to restore a "level playing field" between combatants

http://www.totalxbox.com/78092/halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-wont-have-armor-abilities/

Were/are you keen on Halo 4's Armor Abilities? Comprising a range of active and passive buffs such as the ability to see through walls or conjure a shield, they're among the things that most obviously set the game apart from predecessors. Many fans weren't amused, styling this the "Call of Dutification" of Halo. Good news, detractors - according to 343's design director Bradford Welch, there's none of that sort of thing in Halo 5: Guardians for Xbox One.

"Arena means what you'd expect," he said of a reference to "next generation arena multiplayer" in the below trailer for the game's beta, which begins in December. "Competitive focus, level playing field, map control. Spartan abilities are player mechanics not loadout AAs." These abilities are "things that every player can do inherently with their Spartan," Welch added, when pestered by Twitter followers.

Beyond that, pretty much all we know about Halo 5's multiplayer is that it runs at 60 frames a second on dedicated servers, and includes a number of returning weapons. Catch brief glimpses of the arsenal in the video. I'm a little saddened by the loss of Armor Abilities, personally - I quite liked how they allowed you to distinguish playstyles. Still, there are always map item and weapon drops, I suppose.

It's not yet clear whether Halo 4's other big controversial multiplayer feature - the streak system - will return in Halo 5. What would you retain, and what would you chuck away?

Well that sucks. 

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 23
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2014, 05:55:52 AM »

That one sentence is all I needed to hear for 343 to get my attention. It gives me hope they'll throw out most, if not all, of the Halo 4 additions that made me dislike the game. Thanks for posting!

ATLNinjalo

• Everyone's friendly neighborhood fatman.
  • Spartan
  • Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • Bookface
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2014, 06:43:45 AM »

Then why at 24 seconds on that trailer do they say "all new spartan abilities" and show a spartan falcon punching the ground?

aDrunkBaconGod

• Captain
  • Keep Calm and Reap On
    • aDrunkBaconGod
    • aDrunkBaconGod
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 08:35:46 AM »

I'm a little saddened by the loss of Armor Abilities, personally - I quite liked how they allowed you to distinguish playstyles. Still, there are always map item and weapon drops, I suppose.

^ Above is what I agree with from the article, each loadout that I have in Halo 4 is catered to a playstyle that would suit me for the different playlists that I would play in, I liked that.

I disagree with the fact that people keep saying that Halo 4's MP was inspired by CoD, sure the loadouts were, but everything else like Armor Abilities, Tactical Packages & Support Upgrades (Maybe even the Loadouts themselves), felt more inspired from Crysis, since in MP you have a suit of armor, that would give you Camo & Armor, which acts as the Armor Abilities, & you have Modules that would act as the Tactical Support & Support Upgrades.

I don't know why people -blam!- on Halo 4, I liked it, I don't love it but I liked it, sure there are things I would disagree with that could be changed up (Like remove Spartan Ops & bring back Firefight for example, of course), but overall I think that 343 done a good job with the product, it was their first outing with the franchise, they have a lot to learn & to improve on and win the trust of the fans.

For Halo 5 MP, it won't surprise me if they return to Halo 3 style MP, but adding in Sprint (which is a no brainer), and removing loadouts in general in favour of choosing your weapons of choice before matches(Primary, Secondary & Grenades), that I would like to see.

badad117

• Captain
  • Awards: 1
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2014, 11:12:34 AM »

I'm a little saddened by the loss of Armor Abilities, personally - I quite liked how they allowed you to distinguish playstyles. Still, there are always map item and weapon drops, I suppose.

I miss armor lock. 

aDrunkBaconGod

• Captain
  • Keep Calm and Reap On
    • aDrunkBaconGod
    • aDrunkBaconGod
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2014, 12:00:00 PM »

lol, only against vehicles, enough said.

R MK XXV

• Spartan
    • R MK XXV
    • R MK XXV
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2014, 12:40:49 PM »

^ Above is what I agree with from the article, each loadout that I have in Halo 4 is catered to a playstyle that would suit me for the different playlists that I would play in, I liked that.

I disagree with the fact that people keep saying that Halo 4's MP was inspired by CoD, sure the loadouts were, but everything else like Armor Abilities, Tactical Packages & Support Upgrades (Maybe even the Loadouts themselves), felt more inspired from Crysis, since in MP you have a suit of armor, that would give you Camo & Armor, which acts as the Armor Abilities, & you have Modules that would act as the Tactical Support & Support Upgrades.

I don't know why people -blam!- on Halo 4, I liked it, I don't love it but I liked it, sure there are things I would disagree with that could be changed up (Like remove Spartan Ops & bring back Firefight for example, of course), but overall I think that 343 done a good job with the product, it was their first outing with the franchise, they have a lot to learn & to improve on and win the trust of the fans.

For Halo 5 MP, it won't surprise me if they return to Halo 3 style MP, but adding in Sprint (which is a no brainer), and removing loadouts in general in favour of choosing your weapons of choice before matches(Primary, Secondary & Grenades), that I would like to see.

I have to say I agree with most of what you said. 
I will really miss load outs and AA's if they remove them. 

What I would like to see is this:

Matchmaking"
Ranked - Simple Halo. (No AA's or Load outs, visable H3 ranking system, exp similar to H4 for unlocking armor and stuff.)
Social - Evolved Halo. (AA's, Loadouts included, non-visable ranking to better match players, exp similar to H4 for unlocking armor. and stuff)

To drop AA's would be a huge step backwards.

Stoopidboy6

• Lieutenant
    • Stoopidboy6
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2014, 01:54:46 PM »

I miss armor lock. 

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2014, 04:01:39 PM »

Armor Abilities really wasn't anything I hated. I enjoyed being able to choose whether I would go around using Camo for a stalker type playstyle or using a Jet Pack for enhanced mobility.

I preferred fixed or random weapon spawns compared to weapon drop rewards though. That was probably the most unappealing thing in Halo 4 for me. I enjoyed trying to control weapon spawns and not knowing whether the weapon was there or not.

Other than that, they just need another Hornet/Falcon type vehicle, a larger arsenal, and less kill boundaries in the core Forge maps and I'll be happy.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25 Next

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 25 queries.