• August 23, 2017, 02:00:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Cookies incoming!

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30 Next

Author Topic: Halo: The Master Chief Collection  (Read 27458 times)

aDrunkBaconGod

• Helljumper Cosmic Avenger
  • Captain
  • Keep Calm and Reap On
    • aDrunkBaconGod
    • aDrunkBaconGod
  • Awards: 12
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
« on: May 16, 2014, 06:04:07 PM »

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Revealed

Original Report link
http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/16/halo-the-master-chief-collection/

Halo: The Master Chief Collection has been revealed for Xbox One.

According to a report from Engadget, the Master Chief Collection will include remastered versions of Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 and will be out this year.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection aims to refresh gamers' memories about Master Chief in advance of Halo 5: Guardians, which was announced today. As such, Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach won't be included.

Microsoft has not given details on the project. It's still unknown who's developing, the resolution and frame rate, or if the collection will release on other platforms.

As we learn more about Halo: The Master Chief Collection we'll be sure to let you know.

Check out Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary for some idea of what what to expect graphically in the Master Chief Collection.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/16/halo-the-master-chief-collection-revealed

MrFish

• Spartan
    • Mr Fish 68
    • Mr Fish 68
  • Awards: 2
Re: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 07:04:03 PM »

I saw that too, but they don't mention any sources. In fact they even say that Microsoft has yet to comment on the matter. It sounds like that site is just reporting on the rumor that came out a while back, where it was known as the "Halo War Chest." It could very well be true, especially since a lot of the rumors presented in that same massive rumor post have turned out to be true, but for now this isn't EXACTLY confirmed. Strong possibility though :P

Also, if this happens, I wonder if there will be any multiplayer, or if it will just be 100% single player. With no multiplayer, I won't be picking this (and an Xbox One) up until Halo 5 comes out.

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
  • Awards: 5
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 07:34:25 PM »

The lack of legitimate sources makes me skeptical, especially with the bundle to come with 4 re-mastered games. I'd like to see it come out, but it's hard to believe that they can get all 4 of those games re-mastered by the end of the year.

TravisSch

• Lieutenant
  • Disney Fanatic
    • TravisSch
    • TravisSch
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 08:22:48 PM »

This is why I don't read IGN a whole lot.  They just seem to post speculation and call it fact.

It would be crazy to have 4 games re-mastered in a short period of time for the Xbox One.  I'm still leaning towards more Halo 2 Anniversary being announced.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 23
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 08:39:57 PM »

This isn't that far-fetched. 1.) The leak at the beginning of the year mentioned this. Considering a bit of the other stuff has been true, 343I has probably been working on this for some time. 2.) Not all of those games need to be remastered. Combat Evolved just had it done so it doesn't need to be re-remastered. Halo 4 came out recently and has some of the best graphics of all the games on the 360. That means Halo 2 and Halo 3 would be the only ones needing work.

The articles say it's for Xbox One but that doesn't exclude the chance of a 360 version. Even if it's not, ports of games from old systems coming to new consoles have never been top of the line graphics. I wouldn't expect anything on the level of Forza 5 or Titanfall for graphics from this, and they don't really need to be.

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 09:58:49 PM »

I thought about that, but considering the work they did on Combat Evolved Anniversary, where they pretty much reworked all of the visuals in the game to be entirely new, and altering the cutscenes to be animated much more smoothly, they would probably attempt the same for the rest of the games. Halo 2 and 3's cutscenes were a whole lot better animated than Combat Evolved but they would most likely still reanimate them. Plus, they might add more secrets and easter eggs to the games, and then, if they include multiplayer, even local, that's a whole lot more.

If 343 was to do this, I wouldn't expect them to create a simple port for all of the games.

aDrunkBaconGod

• Helljumper Cosmic Avenger
  • Captain
  • Keep Calm and Reap On
    • aDrunkBaconGod
    • aDrunkBaconGod
  • Awards: 12
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 06:31:28 AM »

The only reason why I posted up this bit of news is because A.) I have never heard of any news like this in the past at all and B.) Its news that's cutting it close to E3 that's got everyone talking. Yes I agree that it's all rumors & speculations at the moment, but that's what happens with ALOT of news that comes out before E3 and people will talk about. I just want to get peoples opinion on it.

MrFish

• Spartan
    • Mr Fish 68
    • Mr Fish 68
  • Awards: 2
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 10:15:53 AM »

you did get people's opinions on it though. It might be still a rumor at the moment, but it still has a strong chance of being true since most of the mega leak from a while back came true so far. No worries, man.

badad117

• Captain
  • Awards: 1
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 09:37:15 AM »

CE is on PC and so is H2, much easier from a developer's perspective to adopt for the XB1.  We all know that the XB1 can easily be backwards compatible, MS just hasn't turned it on.  But could selectively do so for H3 & 4 only and put code on the "remastered" versions to do so.  I'm guessing there would be only 1 multiplayer for all (based off H4 engine) puling in the most popular maps from each version, with no map editor.

If they do pull it off for the XB1 wonder what they'll do for the achievements.  Wouldn't mind another 4000+ GS just for running through the games on legendary again.   
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:01:05 AM by badad117 »

ATLNinjalo

• Everyone's friendly neighborhood fatman.
  • Spartan
  • Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • Bookface
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 01:24:18 PM »

This is now confirmed

wrcfan

• BulletEponge
  • Commander
  • I've got your wort wort wort right here
    • wrcfan
    • wrcfan
  • Awards: 10
    • The Vintages Days
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 02:13:42 PM »

4000GS, you lot are going to be busy once again.

badad117

• Captain
  • Awards: 1
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 02:26:50 PM »

Can't they just give me the 4K GS for time served? 

FLiP DADDY 69

• Captain
  • Surviving the apocalypse since Nacht der Untoten
    • FLiP DADDY 69
    • FLiP DADDY 69
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 02:55:16 PM »

CTF on Avalanche again!!! I'm in Heaven....

Stoopidboy6

• Lieutenant
    • Stoopidboy6
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 04:09:06 PM »

Can't they just give me the 4K GS for time served?

What they SHOULD do is give you all of the achievements you already had from prior Halo games that your gamertag has unlocked. I still need solo one multiplayer achievement from H3 and have most of the others already with no drive to unlock them all over again  >:(|

TravisSch

• Lieutenant
  • Disney Fanatic
    • TravisSch
    • TravisSch
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 04:46:45 PM »

4 Halo campaigns, Halo 2 re-mastered, tons of multiplayer maps, all for $60? Consider this great value.  I'm sold! :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30 Next

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 25 queries.