Spartan I Project
  • September 23, 2017, 12:14:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

The bonus round: It's just spawn camping with a dodgeball twist.

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30 Next

Author Topic: Halo: The Master Chief Collection  (Read 29031 times)

SpecOp3

• XOF Breaker
  • Captain
  • "So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
    • SpecOp3
    • SpecOp3
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 14
Re: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2014, 04:48:07 PM »

Indeed! I won't mind playing through everyone of these on Legendary Solo again. Heck I might actually get into the Halo 4 multiplayer too.

TravisSch

• Lieutenant
  • Disney Fanatic
    • TravisSch
    • TravisSch
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2014, 06:05:47 PM »

I found this courtesy of the Halo Waypoint forums.  Two preorder bonuses have been spotted for this so far.  Both are different skulls.

If you preorder from Gamestop, you get the Bandana skull which gives you unlimited ammo and grenades.

If you preorder from Amazon.com, you get the Pinata skull which makes enemies drop a plasma grenade when you melee them.

Right now, I'm leaning towards the Gamestop offer for the Bandana skull.  I would like unlimited ammo and grenades to blaze through the campaigns easily. :)  I'll wait to see if other preorder bonuses comes out before jumping to preorder.

I'm guessing that if there are different skulls for different stores, 343 would eventually release a DLC pack to get all the preorder bonus skulls awhile after the game is out on store shelves.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 06:48:03 PM by TravisSch »

Stoopidboy6

• Lieutenant
    • Stoopidboy6
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 06:49:17 PM »

As much as I hate Gamestop, I might have to get the pre-order from them then. I wonder what else is going to be released along with it. Best Buy had a promotion as well for H4, so I wonder if they'll do something again.

TravisSch

• Lieutenant
  • Disney Fanatic
    • TravisSch
    • TravisSch
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2014, 07:21:35 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of stores had different preorder promotions, maybe something other than skulls would be cool.

I noticed this line on the item description on the Gamestop page:
Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta - Be among the first to experience a new generation of Halo multiplayer in the Halo 5: Guardians Beta. Gear up for the Guardians beta by unlocking exclusive content in The Master Chief Collection and Halo: Nightfall. These exclusive items will carry over into Halo 5: Guardians.
I wonder what the exclusive items will be that you can unlock for Halo 5.  I'm going to guess it will be something similar to what Halo: Spartan Assault does in which you get a weapon camo for playing that game and entering the special code on the Waypoint website.

aDrunkBaconGod

• Helljumper Cosmic Avenger
  • Captain
  • Keep Calm and Reap On
    • aDrunkBaconGod
    • aDrunkBaconGod
  • Awards: 12
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2014, 07:47:21 PM »

For Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta, I would love if 343 done what Bungie did with the Reach beta for exclusive content, that if you participated in the Beta you would get a piece of Avatar clothing, that wouldn't be able to get after the beta ended. I've recently been wearing my Reach Beta Hoodie on my avatar, proud of getting that, had a lot of fun in the Reach beta also :).

TravisSch

• Lieutenant
  • Disney Fanatic
    • TravisSch
    • TravisSch
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2014, 08:02:29 PM »

For Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta, I would love if 343 done what Bungie did with the Reach beta for exclusive content, that if you participated in the Beta you would get a piece of Avatar clothing, that wouldn't be able to get after the beta ended. I've recently been wearing my Reach Beta Hoodie on my avatar, proud of getting that, had a lot of fun in the Reach beta also :).
Technically, 343 did the avatar clothing since it was awarded from the Halo Waypoint app, but I get what you're saying.  I think Bungie gave away a special emblem in Halo 3 as well if you participated in the Reach beta.  I hope 343 does something similar for Halo 5 to show that you played the beta.

EDIT: Here is the trailer from Xbox.  There are 3 hidden annotations that when you click them bring you to a website where you can get a reward.

Don't click if you want to find the annotations yourself. ;)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:13:43 PM by TravisSch »

aDrunkBaconGod

• Helljumper Cosmic Avenger
  • Captain
  • Keep Calm and Reap On
    • aDrunkBaconGod
    • aDrunkBaconGod
  • Awards: 12
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2014, 08:31:06 PM »

Oh yeah I remember that 343 made Halo Waypoint ;D

The annotations don't pop up when I was watching the trailer, even though I have them turned on ???

Edit: Nevermind, found them :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:33:07 PM by Killagruntjaro »

Flatty

• Crepuscular
  • Captain
  • I do my own stunts.
    • Gamehendge Jedi
    • Gamehendge Jedi
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 9
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2014, 12:41:55 PM »

MathGuy42

• Captain
  • Frog blast the vent core!
    • MathGuy42
  • Awards: 7
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2014, 07:17:49 AM »

If you post a question regarding the MCC, it may be answered in this week's Bulletin. I'm glad to see several questions about the pre-order skulls. Hopefully we will learn that it is possible to get all 3 pre-order skulls without buying the game 3 times.

badad117

• Captain
  • Awards: 1
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2014, 09:54:22 AM »

As much as I hate Gamestop, I might have to get the pre-order from them then. I wonder what else is going to be released along with it. Best Buy had a promotion as well for H4, so I wonder if they'll do something again.

With the skulls (in CEA) yes you got a code to unlock the skull at launch but the skulls are/were still obtainable by finding them in game......video's how to get were up hrs after release.  So it really doesn't matter where you pre-order, you'll get the skulls eventually anyway and there will probably be several achievements tied to collecting them.  I remember the  IWHBYD skull in H3 was a royal PIA. 

MathGuy42

• Captain
  • Frog blast the vent core!
    • MathGuy42
  • Awards: 7
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2014, 12:48:00 PM »

The only pre-order skull for CEA was Grunt Funeral. That was available from every retailer. However, it was not available in-game and AFAIK, never sold in the Xbox Store. If you didn't pre-order, you had to buy a code on eBay.

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2014, 01:31:57 PM »

The Grunt Funeral skull wasn't even worth it, in my opinion. In tight corridors it just serves to slow you down since you have to wait for their bodies to explode.

ATLNinjalo

• Everyone's friendly neighborhood fatman.
  • Spartan
  • Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • Bookface
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2014, 01:52:47 PM »

The Grunt Funeral skull wasn't even worth it, in my opinion. In tight corridors it just serves to slow you down since you have to wait for their bodies to explode.

To me the chain reactions of kill the first grunt, boom, screams, boom, more screams, more booms, one more scream, boom was hilarious though.

HellRazor1281

• Captain
  • Headshots and Hugs for everyone!
    • HellRazor1281
    • HellRazor1281
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 9
    • My band - Year of the Locust
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2014, 03:34:22 PM »

and Grunt Funeral was more of a hindrance than a help in many levels of the game.  Since they detonated like plasmas, they'd set off everything within the blast radius and just demolish you.  Any type of CQC level was impossible with that skull active.

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2014, 04:24:23 PM »

I agree with Ninjalo on the Grunt Funeral Skull. I loved the chain reaction and it saved me a ton of ammo on Legendary in most cases.

It was really only annoying if you rushed through the missions and killed grunts as you ran right into them. A melee kill still gave you plenty of time to run away. Apart from getting those health based and other achievements of the like, I almost always kept it on.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30 Next

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 25 queries.