• August 23, 2017, 02:09:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Awesomesauce served daily.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36 Next

Author Topic: Looking For Group - The Vault of Glass  (Read 16215 times)

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
Looking For Group - The Vault of Glass
« on: September 17, 2014, 04:00:16 PM »

As is the nature of this thread, it will contain spoilers about the vault of glass raid. If you would like to figure it out on your own and avoid knowing what's in the dark scary depths, avert thine eyes.

Welcome to the official discussion for "The Vault of Glass!" Bungie will be releasing raids in Destiny over time, which are high level dungeons/puzzles that introduce new and challenging game mechanics. What can be expected of you as a player to perform is platforming, puzzle solving, stealth operations, and boss whomping...many times a mixture of all of these at once. It requires a heavy reliance on teamwork, and shouldn't be attempted by players short of level 26. In order to coordinate this, we'll be using this thread to discuss strategies, arrange schedules, and set up teams for attempts. Follow on to the next post for tips and strategies.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A TEAM, PLEASE POST YOUR CONSOLE, LEVEL, AND CLASS. This will make it easier for people to find the appropriate team members.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 04:19:27 PM by NeoRman69 »

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
Re: Raid Discussion and Team Set Up - The Vault of Glass
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 04:00:29 PM »

Tips and Strategies: A Work in Progress
I am currently working on completing this raid guide. If you have any information to share, please let me know either through PM or in this thread as a post and I'll see about adding it. Happy Raiding!

Before Attempting

Clans
If you are still looking for a clan, and would like to earn the clan related achievements associated with raids and strikes, we have our own on b.net. Make sure to join the clan, and then set your preferred console.

Gear
Like I said above, you're going to need to be level 26 before attempting this. The higher your level and gear, the better off you will be. Of course a lot of it is strategy and skill, but that won't get you very far without the proper get up. If you are unsure of how to reach level 26, you're going to need to find armor with "Light" stats. The higher your light stats are on your armor, the higher your player level gets. Light stats are found on Rare, Legendary, and Exotic armors. Experience no longer will level up your player once you reach 20. Leveling is purely based on how good your armor is. In a very general sense, equipping gear with a higher light stat in turn means the armor is stronger than those with lower light stats.

If you are having trouble finding high leveled gear through normal game progression, consider farming for it or buying it off of vendors. Vendors sell Legendary gear for marks, so you'll have to dedicate your time to the Crucible and Strike Playlists. Once a week, there is also a vendor that will sell exotic armor for 13 strange coins each.

Scheduling/Party Leaders
To complete the vault of glass, you can have a total of six party members (and is highly recommended). The vault of glass will take hours to beat, and with that comes the issue of schedule conflicts. Before setting up teams, it would be good to know that you're able to set aside a few hours per day/night, at a consistent time. Everyone has different life schedules so it'll be a challenge to coordinate a long play session with five others. If you don't have much time to play each day, the raid may be hard for you to complete with a team.

To make the scheduling and play sessions more manageable, Bungie allows your progress in the raid to be saved at checkpoints by your party leader. It is important that your party leader is able to be available to play the most out of your party. Your progression relies on his ability to be on to play. Those saves only last for a week however, so you can't sit on your checkpoints forever.

Communication
Voice communication is close to required. There are lots of things happening on screen at once, and they all require proper call outs. You will not be effective as a team if there are people who cannot relay information appropriately. At the very least, the majority of players should have a microphone, but I would advise against un-mic'd players if you have the option. If you do not have a microphone peripheral for your console, consider arranging a third party voice chat, such as Skype.

Role Designations
Along with communication, you will want to figure out who's going to be doing what before each section of the raid is attempted. Almost every area requires different player roles (defensive, offensive, objective focused). Look at the guides and make sure everyone understands what needs to be done.

KEEP YOUR COOL!!!!
Vault of Glass has a very high potential to ruin friendships. Don't let a game ruin your friendships. Understand that some people will struggle more than others, and can also excel at other points. Like mentioned above, try and find roles for people that fits their play style and is within their capability to be effective for your team. Don't get angry, yell, and be a Debbie Downer. It's going to take several attempts on your first try, so it's best to not frustrate your teammates. If things are becoming too stressful and you're contemplating anger management courses, ask for a break. You have all week to complete it (unless you're a dirty procrastinator) so don't force it all in one sitting.

The raid is very fun with a good attitude. It can be an abusive relationship at times, but it's an adorable masochistic sorta fun (ooh kinky).
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 06:38:30 PM by Seth »

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 04:00:38 PM »

Vault of Glass Guide - WIP
Sections of this guide have been color coded to make things easier to find. Just follow the color designations to find the information relevant to what you're looking for.

Red Sections/Rooms within the Vault of Glass.

Green Phases within the room. Some areas will require several different activities. Each phase is the beginning of a checkpoint, so you may leave for orbit after completing any one of the phases and your progress will be saved. In these sections, a synopsis of everything you must do to complete the section will be provided and more comprehensive strategies will be provided in the tips/strategies portion.

Teal Extra Tips/Strategies. A video will be provided with credit of the source provided.

Gold Chest Locations. Along with receiving loot after completing each phase, there are also Legendary Raid loot chests hidden throughout the vault. It is presumed that there are more raid chests than have currently be found, so the guide may be updated in the future to provide more chest locations. A video will be provided with credit of the source provided.

The Spire

Opening the Vault

The goal here, at the beginning of your Raid, is to capture and hold the three Sync Plates spread across the opening area. Assuming you have all six players, you are going to split into three teams of two. One team will head to the left side, a second to the right, and the third to the back center in front of the vault door. In these zones you head to, you will find an illuminated circle (Sync Plate). Your job is to protect your Sync Plate and keep it white. While all three circles are protected, a Spire (giant pillar) will begin to form which will open the vault after a set period of time.

To activate these Sync Plates, you must stand inside of them until they are "captured." When fully illuminated, you do not need to stand in them to stay active. You may move around freely but don't go too far, because you will have to defend them. Waves of Vex will begin to spawn and you will need to clear these waves fast before they overpower you. Your main focus will be on the Praetorians, which are identical to Minotaurs in looks. Praetorians are the only Vex that have the ability to capture your Sync Plates. If they make it inside of your Sync Plate, they will begin to take control of it and it will turn red. This means you must go back inside the Plate to re-activate it.

All three Sync Plates MUST be active simultaneously for the Spire to form. A short pop up message on the bottom will keep you updated on its status. From start to finish, it takes the Spire around two minutes to form, so keep holding back the Vex until the game notifies you that your Spire has formed. If the Vex take control of a Sync Plate, the Spire will slowly collapse. In order to stop it from collapsing, you need to regain control of any Sync Plates under the Vex control by killing the Praetorian and standing inside the circle. Once you've held your Sync Plates long enough, the Vault door will be opened.

Tips/Strategies

• Praetorians are weak to void damage, so make sure each team is equipped with the appropriate weapons
  • While the majority of Vex do not have the ability to capture a Sync Plate, it is still a good idea to kill them as soon as possible. It's easy to become overwhelmed if completely ignored. Just make sure you don't get distracted by the Vex swarms and lose sight of the Praetorians.
  • The team defending the center Sync Plate has a good vantage point of the other two teams and the spawning Vex waves. Designate strong players here, that are able to send  crossfire when extra help is needed.
  • For each Sync Plate, Vex can spawn from two different angles so make sure you have a teammate watching a different spawn point. Make sure you are calling out where the Vex are spawning from, that way your teammates can react accordingly.

ONE Raid Chest
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 06:41:05 PM by Seth »

SpecOp3

• XOF Breaker
  • Captain
  • "So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
    • SpecOp3
    • SpecOp3
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 14
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 09:05:21 PM »

I'm sure your aware already. But I'm down for any SIP stab at VoG. Almost level 26 (only need 25)

Available on Xbone:
Weekdays after 6:30 pm CST
Weekends anytime.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 12:42:19 PM by SpecOp3 »

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 12:00:21 AM »

What system are you on? I'm on 360 and definitely want to take a stab at this at some point. As for me, I'm available all week and unavailable Friday and Saturday until 12am central time. How many other 360 players are out there that would be interested in forming a raid team? I'm a level 26 hunter.

Also, can anyone confirm whether the one week time period to complete starts/resets every Tuesday, or if it starts from the first time you start a new raid?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 12:05:15 AM by Seth »

NeoRman69

• Commander
  • The Legend Himself
    • NeoRman69
    • NeoRman69
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 9
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 12:13:20 AM »

Well I'm down Seth. May I also suggest that everyone have a mic, it'll be hard to coordinate otherwise. Don't think we can txt msg during a raid =P

Console - 360
Time - I'm good most nights.
Class - Hunter
Lvl - 26 (when I get a new helmet it'll be 27)

wrcfan

• BulletEponge
  • Commander
  • I've got your wort wort wort right here
    • wrcfan
    • wrcfan
  • Awards: 10
    • The Vintages Days
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 12:33:49 AM »

Both Jake and I are on 360.
I'm only at 23 right now but Jake is at 25.
We're both usually on during the evening and most of the weekend.
I'm hoping to hit 26 by this weekend.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 12:39:43 AM by wrcfan »

SpecOp3

• XOF Breaker
  • Captain
  • "So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
    • SpecOp3
    • SpecOp3
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 14
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 12:43:42 PM »

Sorry I edited post. Xbone

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 03:49:28 PM »

Oh yes a mic would also be highly recommended. I was able to find mine, so I'm prepared. It looks like we have 4 interested in the raid for 360, got any other takers or do you guys know anyone that would like to attempt it? I'd really like to start this coming Tuesday if we can.

NeoRman69

• Commander
  • The Legend Himself
    • NeoRman69
    • NeoRman69
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 9
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 07:56:51 PM »

Someone just managed to crack the vault of glass in two hours!

(click to show/hide)

SeventhUltra

• Lance Corporal
    • The Ultrocity
    • The Ultrocity
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 1
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 11:09:40 PM »

Hi
I've requested to join the bungee.net clan and it says it requires approval. How does this process work?
My preferred console is xbox one

TravisSch

• Lieutenant
  • Disney Fanatic
    • TravisSch
    • TravisSch
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 07:54:09 AM »

Hi
I've requested to join the bungee.net clan and it says it requires approval. How does this process work?
My preferred console is xbox one
Send a message to SlashingArbiter on here and he should approve your submission.  Once you get in, you can just select "Set as Xbox Clan" near the top of the page and that will put the SIP clan title on your gamer tag in game.

SeventhUltra

• Lance Corporal
    • The Ultrocity
    • The Ultrocity
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 1
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 05:57:16 PM »

How long are you guys going to be doing this raid?
I just realized you are only allowed 100 vanguard marks per week...
I'm assuming you need full legendary/exotic gear
EDIT: I figured out how to farm gear
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:50:40 AM by SeventhUltra »

TravisSch

• Lieutenant
  • Disney Fanatic
    • TravisSch
    • TravisSch
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 05:31:08 AM »

How long are you guys going to be doing this raid?
I just realized you are only allowed 100 vanguard marks per week...
I'm assuming you need full legendary/exotic gear
EDIT: I figured out how to farm gear
If all goes well, we plan on making an achievement team to help with the raid.  I'm still leveling up my Hunter though so I'm not quite ready.  Also, full legendary/exotic gear is highly recommended.  You might be able to get by with 1 rare piece, but basically, the more light on your gear, the higher your rank.  Higher rank means you can take out high-level enemies a bit easier.

------------------------------------------

I trust Datto's videos very much.  He started working on Raid guides.

Here is his guide on opening the Vault of Glass.

Here is his guide on how to avoid the Gorgons.  He also shows where 2 loot chests are and how you can kill a gorgon (which gives you a Grimoire card).  (However, killing a gorgon will not help you in the Raid because it will make the 2nd gorgon stronger.)

sanboxrunner

• Private
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 11:49:23 PM »

Hi guys--new to this clan. I'm a level 27 Striker Titan on the PS4. I'm reasonably close to hitting 28 if I can find enough upgrade materials. I can also go Defender but am less proficient in that role. Let me know if anyone else is interested in forming a group on the PS4
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36 Next

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 25 queries.