Spartan I Project
  • June 27, 2017, 11:37:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Beware of Flex's onions.

Join our official Destiny clan today and set it as your Xbox and/or PlayStation clan!
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35 Next

Author Topic: Looking For Group - Crota's End  (Read 12700 times)

Hypna

• Private First Class
  • Did I win yet?
    • stupidgenius3_14
    • Bungie.net Profile
Re: Raid Discussion and Team Set Up - Crota's End
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2014, 06:18:12 PM »

Also, everyone needs to keep eyes on towers to hit Knights or they'll blast the sword wielder.
This. My group positions an Icebreaker equipped guardian on each side upper platform (inside the room - left and right) to shoot the knights while everyone else is below killing the swordbearer. I found it best to put one headshot into each knight first and wait to finish them off just as the sword wielder is about to attack Crota. When it's "Ogre Time" the snipers head down, lower mid to help. So, one shot to the knights and just as the Sword bearer approaches take out the knights and then focus fire on Crotas shield. We got so close to taking him down last night, we just need 3 clean runs. Hopefully tonight!
EDIT: I just saw this, and one person can do it efficiently, it just takes a bit more skill. This allows for faster takedowns on Crota's shield while saving Gjallarhorn ammo.

Contact, instead of having everybody try to frantically kill the knights together, designate one sniper specifically for knights. This person should have an icebreaker, and stay to the left of the team on Ir Yut's level. (Facing Crota.) This person has to be pretty clutch/sniper elite because they only get the chalice when ogres spawn and the have to go down. It really helps a lot, my group has run it successfully many times now with this set up.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 06:20:56 PM by Hypna »

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 23
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 12:59:18 AM »

It may not be by design, but Crota's End is far more welcoming to solo players compared to VoG. Obviously the first chest is easy but that's not what I mean. After some guides on Youtube for how to get through the lamp section alone it's just learning the triggers for the bridge. So far I'm at the Shrieker hall and I've never gotten any help. Got the Raid gloves from the lamp completion so that was nice.  ;D

TravisSch

• Lieutenant
  • Disney Fanatic
    • TravisSch
    • TravisSch
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2014, 05:34:36 AM »

Here is the deathsinger and Defeat Crota tutorial from Datto

Flatty

• Crepuscular
  • Captain
  • I do my own stunts.
    • Gamehendge Jedi
    • Gamehendge Jedi
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 9
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 10:35:22 AM »

ContactTango

• Spartan King
  • General
  • Honor Few, Fear None
    • ContactTango
    • ContactTango
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 20
    • Spartan Training Gear

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2014, 12:21:54 PM »

@Flatty: That was impressive and quite helpful. Now I have something to look forward to once I hit 31. Level 29 can't deal enough damage in the final area.

@Tango: My Titan and Hunter are in that area and that jumping trick should help a lot. Thanks!

I'll add another video. (Not the one where I learned how to do it, but I can't find it.)

This is how I did the lamp section. Much easier than doing it the long way.

RK667

• Lieutenant
  • Windows 7 was my idea
    • RK667
  • Awards: 4
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 01:13:12 PM »

I'll add another video. (Not the one where I learned how to do it, but I can't find it.)

This is how I did the lamp section. Much easier than doing it the long way.
Awesome! Will definitely try this out tonight! Thanks

ContactTango

• Spartan King
  • General
  • Honor Few, Fear None
    • ContactTango
    • ContactTango
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 20
    • Spartan Training Gear
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2014, 04:27:53 PM »

I'd be curious to try something. I wonder if a team of six went in, one guy does the lamp glitch, kills the ogre and activates the bridge, if the rest of the team could just run up and cross.

It's interesting that the ogre is the key to getting the bridge formed. it's not a time thing. It's all contingent on killing the ogre, just like the second bridge.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 04:31:02 PM by ContactTango »

Flatty

• Crepuscular
  • Captain
  • I do my own stunts.
    • Gamehendge Jedi
    • Gamehendge Jedi
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2014, 05:05:55 PM »

I think the checkpoint is crossing the bridge into the light. Players would have to be revived on the starting platform where you land from the drop.
Actually, your idea might work CT. We've had just one fireteam member alive and crossing the bridge and we all scored loot then spawned at the swordbearer bridge. It's worth a shot.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 05:08:36 PM by Flatty »

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2014, 08:22:23 PM »

I'm sure it would work. Once the bridge forms it should teleport everyone to the next area when you walk through. You can't have a fireteam in two different loading zones. I'm also fairly certain the ogre is just a tougher enemy you need to kill for survival and not a trigger. He's the only enemy that can hit you while on the rock. The plate continues to construct the bridge, you just have to be alive when it gets done.

I haven't seen anyone complete that first section with no deaths yet. That may trigger a new chest. Since getting to the second lap can be a challenge I would suggest everyone move to the first and provide cover fire for the one going ahead, then run back to the start and wait. I've noticed area-of-effect grenades do a great job forming a quick barrier to give you the time to get in position for the launch.

RK667

• Lieutenant
  • Windows 7 was my idea
    • RK667
  • Awards: 4
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 10:20:36 PM »

I'd be curious to try something. I wonder if a team of six went in, one guy does the lamp glitch, kills the ogre and activates the bridge, if the rest of the team could just run up and cross.

It's interesting that the ogre is the key to getting the bridge formed. it's not a time thing. It's all contingent on killing the ogre, just like the second bridge.

yea it works, I did the lamp glitch.. Invited peeps, ran through, and everyone got loot
same for the bridge

I just need the helmet and i'll have full raid gear. Cheers on the vid poke, works like a charm

SpecOp3

• XOF Breaker
  • Captain
  • "So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
    • SpecOp3
    • SpecOp3
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 14
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2014, 12:39:47 PM »

Hello, good sirs. I would like in an Xbone Raid of Crota at some point either late tonight or sunday afternoon. Will work best sunday. I could pug with randoms but I'd rather be with my friends.

Your my friends right :(

Pweeze

Flatty

• Crepuscular
  • Captain
  • I do my own stunts.
    • Gamehendge Jedi
    • Gamehendge Jedi
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2014, 12:48:20 PM »

I'm not sure of the exact criteria for the bridge glitch but I ran it solo and summoned the Swordbearer, killed him then summoned another and stood on a pillar shooting enemies on the other side. Eventually, the wizards appeared then the Ogres. After taking them out I got the Titan raid chest armor and radiant energy. This will for sure get patched but get in there and get your loot while you can!

Hypna

• Private First Class
  • Did I win yet?
    • stupidgenius3_14
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2014, 12:56:28 PM »

Another way to do this is to kill the swordbearer from the middle. (Step off whenever the pillar thingy activates) And rush over to the other side to kill the gatekeeper. Just stay alive until you kill the ogres and the wizard. This is harder, but is less likely to get patched.

Deadly Chikadee

• Staff Sergeant
  • ...last one standing...
    • Deadly Chikadee
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
    • Forbidden Studios
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2014, 02:32:30 PM »

SpecOps, if I were level 30, I would help you...unless we totally try these cheats with just a few people LOL.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35 Next

Page created in 0.323 seconds with 25 queries.