• August 21, 2017, 02:27:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

K to the I to the A Zombitch!

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: Prev 1 [2]

Author Topic: Halo 5 *SPOILER* Discussion  (Read 1526 times)

ReapersKnock

• Lance Corporal
  • i like killing things, and long walks on the beach
    • ReapersKnock
    • ReapersKnock
    • Bungie.net Profile
Re: Halo 5 *SPOILER* Discussion
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2015, 10:26:44 PM »

I honestly don't like the fact that you cant customize load outs as much as you could in h4. I really liked having my carbine when spawning. now I have a limited supply of my favorite weapon.

R MK XXV

• Spartan
    • R MK XXV
    • R MK XXV
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 12:58:08 AM »

I picked up the comics and some aspects of it were filled in but do agree about the gaping plot. Waiting on graphic novel #4 to see if they cover even more.

And Warzone is a blast, I actually am having fun with Halo multiplayer again!

I was thinking about getting into that tonight, but decided to bag a few easy achievements instead.

Oh, got a Recon Helmet tonight too.

aDrunkBaconGod

• Helljumper Cosmic Avenger
  • Captain
  • Keep Calm and Reap On
    • aDrunkBaconGod
    • aDrunkBaconGod
  • Awards: 12
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 09:28:44 AM »

I honestly don't like the fact that you cant customize load outs as much as you could in h4. I really liked having my carbine when spawning. now I have a limited supply of my favorite weapon.

Yeah its beyond me how the Carbine & the Lightrifle are now considered "powerweapons", same with the Boltshot & Plasma Pistol.

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 05:05:39 PM »

If we are talking MP, those guns are for sure "power" weapons. Not in the light of 1 hit kills, but those weapons melt faster than the time to kill for magnuns and brs. Absolutely find myself rushing those weapon spawns like I would snipes.

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 05:19:55 PM »

Yeah its beyond me how the Carbine & the Lightrifle are now considered "powerweapons", same with the Boltshot & Plasma Pistol.
Those decisions may have been motivated by player feedback from Halo 4. The secondary fire modes of the boltshot and plasma pistol was arguably an issue - in the first case, you always spawned with ammo for a mini-shotgun; in the second case, you could easily lock down vehicles by spawning with a plasma pistol.

In the case of the carbine, light rifle, and DMR, these weapons allowed players to lock down large swaths of area because they were extremely effective at range. As a result, there were less options for movement on the map.

SpecOp3

• XOF Breaker
  • Captain
  • "So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
    • SpecOp3
    • SpecOp3
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 14
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2015, 05:22:08 PM »

Light Rifle rapes! How do I use secondary fire on the light pistol?

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2015, 05:26:25 PM »

Oh the boltshot doesn't have the secondary fire in Halo 5. However, its bullets have a little bit of tracking like the suppressor does.

ReapersKnock

• Lance Corporal
    • ReapersKnock
    • ReapersKnock
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2015, 06:18:51 PM »

I wish you were allowed to start off with something other than the assault rifle. im downright horrible with it.  :-\

also the boltshot has become my best friend in rumble matches  :P

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2015, 10:05:33 PM »

I don't have the game (or even the system) but after a brief "tour" on Waypoint I find myself concerned...somebody please tell me character customization is deeper than helmet, full-armor, visor, colors, and gender....

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2015, 10:49:49 PM »

That's it unfortunately. Not sure why but 343 took an odd turn and has really taken a step back in terms of customization. Halo 4 wasn't the best in the series but at least it had proper customization. Reach was the peak, and to my knowledge everyone praised its depth, but we've taken a sudden nose dive with this installation. Granted, there is a LOT of armor in those categories (and some very cool looking ones), but the appeal dies when you can't mix and match and when you combine that with my next point..

On top of the lack of customization, REQ packs have COMPLETELY taken over unlocking customization options. I personally think the REQ system is a good idea (free DLC heck yes) if it weren't for the entire economy of customization being included in it. Weapon and vehicle "burn cards" you can use in a newly non established game mode separate from competitive multiplayer is okay with me. I think that's a fair way of introducing micro transactions into Halo if it means free content in the future. I would even be okay if they balanced customization options between REQ packs and player progression unlocks (maybe randomly get this armor through REQ or here's how you earn it if you're willing to work for it). That's unfortunately not the case. You no longer get to feel the excitement as you 100% the game and unlock sweet gear. That's now done away with and you now get to gamble for every last bit of gear. No goal to work towards. It's frustrating when you see an armor piece you like but there's no way to work for it other than hoping it isn't the very last "card" you ever unlock in the randomly generated REQ packs. I believe you can earn emblems by completing commendations, but it hardly compensates for the abortion they committed on customization.

Emblems, you didn't even mention them, but even those are borked. Instead of mixing and matching an emblem with a background and toggling secondary pieces, you now get to pick from presets. The emblem is made, the background is made, all you get to do is change the color..ah yes, they also screwed that up. Colors you now pick ONE primary or base and then there is a set of seven styles/templates that mixes matching colors for you. You want pink primary and yellow secondary for your emblem? Too bad, here's some premade color templates to use.

There's lots of great stuff about Halo 5, but very many little things add up to make me slap my forehead repeatedly and ask "what were you guys doing?" I love the game, and the competitive multiplayer is some of the best I've had with the series. I just can't understand why they've gone and pissed off every camp of Halo gamer they could. Campaign.. Co Op.. Split Screen.. Map Quality.. Map Quantity.. Customization.. Theater..UI.. You name it, there's something going on in every one of those camps that people can be legitimately upset about. There's also the lack of features still to come because pushing the game out fast was number one priority. It's a beautiful disaster. Lots of good mixed with the bad. I'm hoping the game has a sort of rebirth in the coming month. Lots for them to improve on.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:19:22 PM by Seth »

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2015, 11:13:07 PM »

From the sounds of it, the only reason to even care about an Xbox One at this point is to finally get to play Destiny again with all the friends (and SIP) who have abandoned the 360. The Halo games, for me, are good once for the campaign, maybe twice on nostalgia, but the online competitive multiplayer has NEVER been a selling point for me in any way (lag, elitists, spawn-camping "it's a real skill" jerkwads, etc.), but Halo Reach and Halo 4 did hit the mark well with customization. What they're offering here is a significant step BELOW Halo 3 and a scant step above Halo 2, which after half a dozen other games and two console generations is nothing short of insulting.

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2015, 11:31:57 PM »

I would love to recommend Halo 5 but judging by your interests, not sure I could to you specifically. I personally wasn't thrilled by the campaign, although everybody has different tastes so I'm not sure how you'd enjoy it. The gameplay and environments were top notch. I was having genuine fun blasting through the game, especially online co op like the good ol' days. I found the push to 1k gamerscore enjoyable. The story really felt stale to me though. It was nothing like advertised so I wouldn't hype yourself for this crazy hunt like the ad campaign alluded. It really seems to repeat the mistakes of Halo 2. Possible rushed development? Check. Misleading advertising? Check. Unsatisfying ending? Check mate (dat Legendary ending tho).

The only other thing you might enjoy is Warzone. It has all the burn cards/loadouts but it's a much more relaxed setting than competitive multiplayer. When I'm feeling stressed out or wanting to chill back in my seat, I'll load up Warzone. I honestly don't care whether I win or how well I do, it's just good casual fun (of course there are still teams that will steam roll).

Custom games are a toss up at this point. We won't know until forge gets to us but early signs don't look promising. A huge lack of game modes we'll have to wait for along with a severe lack in, you guessed it, game mode customization. What's up with 343 oversimplifying and streamlining content that should be expanded, not condensed.

I wouldn't give the game a pass, but I certainly wouldn't buy an Xbox One JUST for Halo 5 unless you are into the competitive side (which you are not). If at all possible, I'd still recommend giving the game a try. I'm not really doing a good job of selling the game but since we're discussing negatives, I'll rant.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:35:43 PM by Seth »

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2015, 03:03:50 AM »

My brother has an XB1 and the game (hasn't played because he hasn't hooked the system up yet) so I might at some point get a more "hands-on" look at it, but from what I've been hearing I'll just stick to Destiny. Sounds like Halo 5 has caught the "RNG virus" that makes Destiny such a headache at times, but at least in Destiny if I want to mash things up, I can. Don't have the roster I once had to play with as even those who stuck with Destiny moved up to the One, but it's what I've got to work with and every now and then I find someone new to play with.

Jo3grumble

• Private First Class
  • O.I.F Army Veteran and proud American
    • Jo3grumble
    • Jo3grumble
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2015, 10:09:23 PM »

I agree with spec. The team concept is cool but the team gets a bit tiresome to deal with. Heal me already!!!!

ReapersKnock

• Lance Corporal
    • ReapersKnock
    • ReapersKnock
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2016, 10:13:19 PM »

ya know what would be cool? custom colored light for promethean weapons. id LOVE to have a glowing blue or purple light rifle.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 25 queries.