• October 21, 2017, 09:01:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Beware of the Banhammer!

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1] 2 Next

Author Topic: Halo 5 Warzone Firefight Update  (Read 1191 times)

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 23
    • The Quest For 52
Halo 5 Warzone Firefight Update
« on: June 24, 2016, 07:12:24 PM »

The next free update for Halo 5: Guardians will be available on June 29th. It will include the new Warzone Firefight mode, Campaign Score Attack, three new maps, a new forge canvas and several new REQ cards to earn. For those not familiar with it, Warzone Firefight is a new take on the classic Firefight from past games. You have five waves of enemies to defeat within the time limit along with a team of Spartans to carry you through. There are also new enemy bosses to encounter, and one of them is a larger robot grunt which is teased in the image above.

Before we go any further, 343I has also announced that Halo 5: Guardians will be free to download on June 29th to celebrate this release. The free period will end on July 5th when you’ll need to purchase the game in order to keep playing. During the same time frame it will also be on sale for 50% off so keep that in mind if you haven’t bought it yet.

Here’s a look at what will be included:

Campaign Score Attack is the other major change coming with this update. Much like the previous games where you could turn on a score tracker this will add a multiplier for each higher difficulty, new skulls and how you get kills. You can read all about it and the achievements attached to it here.

The three new maps being added are: Attack on Sanctum, Prospect and Molten. The first two will be only for Warzone, while Molten is a new Arena map. So far only Prospect has been shown. It will take place on an abandoned mining facility on Meridian with both teams fighting to control gates to open or close them for vehicle access as well as strategically placed scaffolding for long views. It’s more tactical than some of the other maps before it. Here’s part of the map to see for yourself.

New REQs include the Cinder, Cyclops and Fenrir armor sets, Halo 2 Beam Rifle varients more Pulse Rifles and even more. The most noticeable would be the Golden Banshee, Wraith and Ghost available in the list. These have not been detailed yet, but you can see the Banshee below. There also appears to be a new vehicle called the Wasp.

More things should be revealed in the pre-release stream on June 28th at 2 PM PT / 5 PM ET. You can see it all on their Twitch Channel.

Read the full story

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
Re: Halo 5 Warzone Firefight Update
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 09:16:56 PM »

The best Warzone Firefight boss is the Grunt version of a Mantis - but only in appearance and the things the pilot broadcasts.

It's almost necessary to call in a tank at the end to clear the last round - otherwise it's difficult to stay alive and do enough damage on the mythic boss(es) to kill them.

Simmons the Red

• Private First Class
  • Red
    • Simmons the Red
    • Simmons the Red
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 02:28:05 PM »

The best Warzone Firefight boss is the Grunt version of a Mantis - but only in appearance and the things the pilot broadcasts.

It's almost necessary to call in a tank at the end to clear the last round - otherwise it's difficult to stay alive and do enough damage on the mythic boss(es) to kill them.

Can you assasinate those Grunt Mechs?  Also I love the audio cues and just how powerful it is, like its no pushover.

I get that feelong too about the mythic bosses, like you NEED heavy vehicles to do with them and all the enemies surrounding them.

Besides the respawn timer and lack of notifications as to where enemies spawn, I am thoroughly enjoying this update.  All my reqs that I've been hoarding are in use almost all the time, which is fun.  I also like how it is difficult to some degree, which more often prompts Teamwork.

Example, those mantis on that one map from Ghost of Meriden update are hard to take out without a team, like someone needs to have a plasma pistol and slow it down,  and a couple of other people need to really damage them while its disabled.

Its a really good update.  Best of all gold and silver packs seem to drop like candy 8)

SlashingArbiter

• Major
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 06:57:41 PM »

I agree, it would be great to have some sort of waypoint that indicates where the enemies will spawn - specifically, for the ones where you have to kill X enemies of a certain type.

I've never tried assassinating the Grunt Mech but since you can't board enemy-controlled vehicles (I haven't been able to, at least) it's probably not possible to assassinate/board the mech either.

MathGuy42

• Captain
  • Frog blast the vent core!
    • MathGuy42
  • Awards: 7
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 03:34:59 PM »

I was really looking forward to this, but I'm disappointed.

After complaints that the Beta was too easy, I feel they dialed the difficulty up too high. Thanks to the over long spawn timer and bad spawn positions, it feels like I spend the majority of the match either dead or moving to the action.

One game was going fairly well for me and my team. I got up to Level 8 and a Mythic Warden was on the scene. I figure it was finally time to use the one Hannibal Scorpion I got a long time ago. So I respawn with it, only to realize I need to traverse the whole map. I finally get to the building he's hiding in with only 20 seconds to go. The building is already too full of tanks, so I never even get a sighting on him. We fail and my super tank only got to kill a few Knights.

After about 10 matches, I still have only 2 wins and I haven't gotten a Mythic takedown. After 3 more wins and a Mythic takedown, I'll have all achievements again and will probably put H5 back on the virtual shelf.

Simmons the Red

• Private First Class
  • Red
    • Simmons the Red
    • Simmons the Red
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 07:07:21 PM »

The Difficulty does need to be looked at.  I dont want it Beta easy, but it is hard at certain points.

Niner

• Honored Spartan
  • You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em
    • RC1309
    • RC1309
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 8
    • My GT
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 12:12:28 AM »

Never made it past wave 2 on the urban map. Got to love the enemy's that spawn in the location you need to defend.

SlashingArbiter

• Major
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 05:57:09 PM »

Pro tip: don't call in vehicles when you're waiting to respawn - you will increase your respawn timer.

GOAT GO BAAHH

• Lance Corporal
    • goat go baahh
  • Awards: 1
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 12:16:04 PM »

hmu for matches

gt:goatgobaahh

MrSerrano1105

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • You have failed this city
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 12:19:31 PM »

Pro tip: don't call in vehicles when you're waiting to respawn - you will increase your respawn timer.

I noticed that if you get on a teammates vehicle and die the respawn timer increases.

HellRazor1281

• Captain
  • Headshots and Hugs for everyone!
    • HellRazor1281
    • HellRazor1281
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 9
    • My band - Year of the Locust
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 03:33:35 PM »

some things definitely need to be tweaked.  Having the defense location be across the goddamn MAP from where you were previously is one of them.  Judging by the randomness of the objectives at hand for WZFF, it is no longer 'rounds of increasing difficulty' but 'IDK WTF is going on but gird your loins and put on your try hard pants!' and that needs to be fixed. 

Also, I would highly recommend running in a party of at least 2 or more.  You need allies who are actually going to communicate with you.  If a third to half of the team is even semi-coordinated you shouldn't have any major issues other than just getting a bad roll of objectives for early rounds.

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 08:49:19 PM »

some things definitely need to be tweaked.  Having the defense location be across the goddamn MAP from where you were previously is one of them.  Judging by the randomness of the objectives at hand for WZFF, it is no longer 'rounds of increasing difficulty' but 'IDK WTF is going on but gird your loins and put on your try hard pants!' and that needs to be fixed. 

Also, I would highly recommend running in a party of at least 2 or more.  You need allies who are actually going to communicate with you.  If a third to half of the team is even semi-coordinated you shouldn't have any major issues other than just getting a bad roll of objectives for early rounds.
Just did my first round and you're not kidding. Being spawned on the opposite side of the map, ridiculous respawn timer that keeps getting longer, no waypoints at all, people somehow completely missing the fact that you have to actually kill (or at least shoot at) the highlighted bosses to complete a wave, getting one-shot by a freakin' jackal in the first wave....it's absolutely ridiculous.

It's especially crappy when you have to wait 30 seconds for a respawn just to get blasted before your screen even registers that you've respawned, resulting in ANOTHER 30 second wait. And all of your reqs being wasted on top of it. Is it sa that I feel more like an "invincible super-soldier" wearing a cap and gasmask in Destiny than wearing a half ton of armor plating in Halo?

Edit: You know what? Screw it. After 9 failures and only 1 victory I'm just going to call it what it is. Warzone Firefight is Halo 5's "Raid." If you don't build a full team yourself, you're boned. 100% guaranteed.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 09:38:18 PM by zaffy2005 »

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 08:46:43 PM »

A patch rolled out today to adjust some of the objectives so it's a little easier. You can read our short write-up for it here.

HellRazor1281

• Captain
  • Headshots and Hugs for everyone!
    • HellRazor1281
    • HellRazor1281
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 9
    • My band - Year of the Locust
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 01:40:40 PM »

It ain't that bad man, just roll with 2 or 3 others and coordinate/plan your strats and you'll do fine.  You don't need a full team to win.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 04:33:58 PM »

I agree. I spent 6 hours trying to find all the maps for the achievement and I ended up with well over 10 wins in that time playing on my own. The only map that really presented issues was the Beach map (don't know the name) when the second round was Banshee Raiders. Nobody would have the REQ level to efficiently deal with them so we lost most of those.
Pages: [1] 2 Next

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 25 queries.