Spartan I Project
  • June 27, 2017, 08:19:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

I love it when you call me big papa.

Join our official Destiny clan today and set it as your Xbox and/or PlayStation clan!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next

Author Topic: Hawksaw Conundrum/weapon discussions  (Read 835 times)

oviate1

• Captain
  • They've gone the plaid!!
    • oviate1
  • Awards: 7
Hawksaw Conundrum/weapon discussions
« on: November 03, 2016, 02:32:09 PM »

As time has gone on, I've built a collection of these things (6 in all right now, but I think I've actually scrapped a few more over time). Widely used and a highly rated pulse rifle next to the Grasp of Malok (which has of late replaced Bad Juju as my go to weapon). But I have enjoyed using the Hawksaw and would like to pick it back up, but I'm in need a little help/advice. Here are the builds for each one. I'll leave off the sight options but if you're curious about one in particular let me know. These are the meat and potatoes perks for each one. Give me your two cents and thoughts. Which one would you opt for?

Counter balance

Fitted stock
Oiled frame

Single point sling
Small bore

Rodeo

Perfect balance
Feather mag

Snap shot
Injection mold

Secret round

Perfect balance
Casket mag

Single point sling
Reinforced barrel

352 this one I've used the most and have infused it at least a few time to beef up light level
Take a knee

Perfect balance
Feather mag

Snap shot
Hand laid stock

Head seeker

Perfect balance
Oiled frame

Speed reload
Injection mold

384 just dropped this morning in Archons Forge.
Outlaw

Perfect balance
Appended mag

Lightweight
Rifles barrel

The only downside to all of them is not a single one has high caliber rounds. But given this selection, what are y'alls thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 03:41:41 PM by oviate1 »

wrcfan

• BulletEponge
  • Commander
  • I've got your wort wort wort right here
    • wrcfan
    • wrcfan
  • Awards: 10
    • The Vintages Days
Re: Hawksaw Conundrum
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 04:07:08 PM »

I think they would all make some great weapon parts

Selenium SE

• Lieutenant
    • Selenium SE
  • Awards: 2
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 05:39:26 PM »

I would take that 384 and infuse it into something if that is your highest rated weapon.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 23
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 05:52:28 PM »

I think he's looking for a suggestion of which to use...

Personally, I'd go for the 367. Perfect Balance is a good perk for the gun which should help Headseeker be more useful. And Speed Reload means you can shoot more often, which should always be a good thing. That also comes with the downside of chewing through ammo very fast.

On the other hand, I don't like Hawksaw that much so my real choice would be a different gun. Hopscotch Pilgrim and The Clever Dragon are my favorite Pulse Rifles at the moment.

Selenium SE

• Lieutenant
    • Selenium SE
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 06:20:23 PM »

I think he's looking for a suggestion of which to use...

Yes...I know he is as he and I had this discussion via text earlier this morning.   ;D

oviate1

• Captain
    • oviate1
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 06:32:35 PM »

I've got a couple of hopscotches too. Played with it a bit. Pretty beastly in its own right. First time I took it into Crucible I got a handful of 3 shot kills. I like it, but I think the fire rate is a bit low for my taste. Might just need some getting used to. I'm used to the feather trigger in the Grasp, so that lag between shots messes with me.

I've heard and seen a good bit about Clever Dragon, but haven't been lucky enough to have one drop yet. Was that an Iron Banner drop or a regular Legendary?

I was thinking the 367 has the best set up, but wanted a second opinion. Probably infuse the 384 and go Rick on the rest just to have it.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 23
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 06:52:23 PM »

I've heard and seen a good bit about Clever Dragon, but haven't been lucky enough to have one drop yet. Was that an Iron Banner drop or a regular Legendary?

That was a reward from one of the Iron Banner bounties. It hasn't been the main weapon for the event yet, but it will eventually.

My Hopscotch has Rangefinder, Perfect Balance, and Full Auto. It can wreck faces. I prefer the slower Pulse Rifles like Red Death so this fits perfectly for me.

oviate1

• Captain
    • oviate1
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 07:39:43 PM »

I love full auto pulse rifles! That's why Bad Juju was such a go to. That and string of Curses that would reload for me with a kill.

R MK XXV

• Spartan
    • R MK XXV
    • R MK XXV
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 12:15:08 PM »

My vote would be for this one.  (Stig's explanation says it all)

Head seeker

Perfect balance
Oiled frame

Speed reload
Injection mold

oviate1

• Captain
    • oviate1
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 12:53:51 PM »

That's what I went with. Infused the 384 this morning.

Played a bit with my Hopscotch & the Apple of Dischord too. Apple has a slightly higher fire rate, but again, that pause between bursts take a little getting used to. But if you can land the shots just right, I was 3 shotting people left and right.

Start messing around a bit more with the Hawksaw soon. Thanks for the $.02 y'all.

Selenium SE

• Lieutenant
    • Selenium SE
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 02:00:53 PM »

Since we're on the topic of the Hawksaw and Pulse rifles in general...here's what I got:

Hawksaw - Pulse Rifle

Hammer Forged
Feather Mag

Hidden Hand

Snapshot
Smallbore

Parthian Shot - Pulse Rifle

Rodeo
Life Support

Perfect Balance
Rifled Barrel

Headseeker

Questing Beast - Auto Rifle

Focused Fire

Lightweight
Oiled Frame
Demotion - Not for PVP

Hidden Hand

Extremophile 011 - Auto Rifle

Armor Piercing Rounds
Hip Fire

Perfect Balance
Hot Swap

Persistence

Hung Jury - Scout Rifle

Life Support

Quickdraw
Feather Mag

Firefly
Underdog

I also have the Suros, Bad Juju, Mida, and Red Death.

I'm terrible at PVP, in particular Clash and Rumble.  I want to get better and the only way is to play it more often with what I have.  Out of the above guns...which would you choose?  I prefer Auto Rifles, because I'm terrible and they're more forgiving at closer ranges, but it seems that most combat is at range so I'm hoping I have a decent platform to start with.

Thanks!!!

oviate1

• Captain
    • oviate1
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 05:45:54 PM »

Of those, the Hawksaw is the only one I have any experience with. So I can't really give an opinion on much.

But, with what you have in the vault, . It's the guy I told you about the other day that does the reviews and breakdowns. He compares Bad Juju, Red Death & No Time To Explain. Spoiler alert: Bad Juju comes out on top for him. I'd agree. I love that damn thing!

Dig through his channel and see if he's done anything on any of the other weapons you've got.

Selenium SE

• Lieutenant
    • Selenium SE
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 12:28:22 PM »

Thanks dude.  I will definitely check out his channel.  I just don't know enough about the perks and which ones help more in PvP.

oviate1

• Captain
    • oviate1
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2016, 08:01:41 PM »

I tend to be focused on anything that will improve range and stability. It doesn't seem like most perks do a whole lot to beef up impact, but if something does without taking too much away from something else, I'll go for that. Rangefinder and high caliber rounds seem to be a go to perk for pvp weapons. Those are 2 things that always seem to come up in Aztecross's videos and anything else I've seen when they talk about God rolls.

HellRazor1281

• Captain
  • Headshots and Hugs for everyone!
    • HellRazor1281
    • HellRazor1281
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 9
    • My band - Year of the Locust
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 01:00:30 PM »

Soryiu and I are always talking about best perks and god rolls on weapons, and since the meta for pulse rifles is to be fast and hyper accurate, the Hawksaw with the 367 perks is definitely the best of what you have Oviate.  However, there are other pulse rifles that are actually faster and better than the Hawksaw.  Grasp of Malok is one, and the other is the current FWC PR, the Waltz.  Get demigod or god rolls on either of those two weapons and you can honestly kiss your Hawksaws goodbye.  They're currently wrecking PVP.  I have two Grasps of Malok, one is on my Hunter with Counterbalance, Perfect Balance and Third Eye, the other is on my Warlock with Rangefinder, Lightweight and Third Eye.  Both are solid weapons.  Soryiu got a god roll on his last FWC package with the Waltz and it's melting faces.   The big difference between the Waltz and the GoM is that the Waltz has more of an upward and therefore more controllable recoil, where the Grasp is kinda a little bit erratic sometimes with its recoil patterns.

For more Red Death style PRs, Hopscotch Pilgrim or B-29 Party Favor are pretty solid.  Need god rolls on both though.             
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 25 queries.