• December 14, 2017, 10:08:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

We're right outside your window!

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Halo Turns 15 Celebration  (Read 409 times)

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 24
    • The Quest For 52
Halo Turns 15 Celebration
« on: November 15, 2016, 05:28:15 PM »

Fifteen years ago today was the introduction to one of the most iconic franchises on Xbox that revolutionized shooters. That game, we all know and love, was Halo. To commemorate the event 343 Industries has some surprises to offer. But first, here’s a quick video looking back at the series so far.

The main event for 343I is a livestream that you can view on their Twitch Channel starting at 3:43 PM PT, or 6:43 PM EST. In the stream they will discuss the Halo 5 15th anniversary REQ Pack, more on that soon, a tour of the Halo museum, an interview on Halo Wars 2’s Blitz Mode, showing off the Halo 5 Anniversary Playlist, and opening the new Halo Loot Crate.

The biggest part of the stream will be 343 Vs. the Community. All you have to do is join the official Halo Club on Xbox and see if they’re inviting anyone to compete, or randomly find them online with the 343 emblem. This will likely be taking place in the Anniversary Playlist which features six fan re-created maps. Those maps specifically are: Battle Creek, Prisoner, Hang ‘Em High, Chill Out, Damnation and Rat Race.

So none of us go away empty handed, there are a few things you can grab today. Anyone that logs into Halo 5 before 11/22 will receive a 15th Anniversary REQ Pack. This contains the Mark IV Armor and Helmet (Halo CE armor set), 4 SPNKR Rockets, 4 CE Magnums, and 4 Halo 2 Beam Rifles. Gamer Pictures have also been updated today with nine new pictures you can use for your account. There’s also some new stickers for iOS users that have the Halo Sticker Pack. If you already have it, then it was updated, if you don’t then you can download it now. And finally if you want to spend some money for the event, you can get 15% off Halo merchandise at the Halo Waypoint store.

That’s everything going on today, but 343 did take the time to put together their own memories of the series. If you’re interested in reading about what the people behind the franchise have thought of the last 15 years then you can read what they shared in this post

Read the full story

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
Re: Halo Turns 15 Celebration
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 10:08:08 PM »

Wow, it's been 15 years already? Time certainly flies when you're having fun...

Wensihando

• Private
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 05:42:18 AM »

I do not want to believe that I have seen this article.

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 05:04:29 PM »

How did I not see this two weeks ago when it was posted? I check the "unread posts since your last visit" every time I log on yet somehow this one didn't show up until today.

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 10:48:58 PM »

This article was posted last year, and was bumped by our new friend.

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 11:31:29 PM »

Oh, ok. Freaked out for a minute there. But now that I think about it, not sure I saw it in time last year either. lol.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 25 queries.