Spartan I Project
  • June 26, 2017, 03:08:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Home of Quest for 52.

Join our official Destiny clan today and set it as your Xbox and/or PlayStation clan!
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New Destiny Event - The Dawning  (Read 376 times)

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 23
    • The Quest For 52
New Destiny Event - The Dawning
« on: December 03, 2016, 06:19:07 PM »

An old event from this time last year is returning with even more to do and some new twists. The new winter event is called, “The Dawning” and features some snow in the Tower, a return to the SRL, some new challenges and a few more toys to get your hands on. All of this kicks off on December 13th and will run through January 3rd.

One of these new events is the introduction of Strike Scoring in the SIVA Crisis, Heroic SIVA Crisis and Nightfall strike playlists. This will challenge you and your team to compete for high scores on an individual and team basis. Commander Zavala will also be issuing bounties to complete, much like Variks does for Prison of Elders, and meeting the requirements of the Nightfall bounty will give players a chance to receive an updated Ice Breaker as the reward. There are also three strikes getting the SIVA treatment and added to the playlist rotation. Those are: The Nexus, Will of Crota, and The Shadow Thief.

If this doesn’t quite interest you, then maybe a change of pace will. The Sparrow Racing League (SRL) will be returning with some excellent changes. Players will be most excited to hear that all gear in the event will have a light level that you can infuse up, or to increase what you already have. As for the event itself, players will see the same two tracks from last year with two additional tracks based on Mercury and Earth. As before, there will also be some new sparrows you can get your hands on.

Then for the people that just want their presents, you have something as well. Two new exotic weapons quests are coming for alternate versions of an old favorite machine gun. The Thunderlord will be getting solar and void versions called, Solarlord and Voidlord. Let’s just hope the designs are more original than the names. There will also be some new decorative ornaments to collect for your favorite exotics like Red Death, Thorn and Black Spindle. 

The final piece of news is the fact that SRL and Strike Scoring will remain after The Dawning ends. While Strike Scoring will remain as it was during the event, SRL will only remain as an option for private matches with no playlist to matchmake with others. To see everything that’s to come you can view the reveal trailer below.

Read the full story

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
Re: New Destiny Event - The Dawning
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 02:36:36 PM »

Quick correction now that there is a little more info. The new exotic machine guns are not called Solarlord and Voidlord. Instead the solar gun is called Abbadon and the void gun is Nova Mortis. The designs and stats are identical to Thunderlord with slight color changes.

SpecOp3

• XOF Breaker
  • Captain
  • "So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
    • SpecOp3
    • SpecOp3
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 14
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 12:58:54 PM »

Screw you Destiny! As soon as 100% you again again, you bring out the Icebreaker again! UGH!

kungfuboy007

• Lance Corporal
  • Welp here I am
    • kungfuboy007
    • Barzul Knular
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 02:27:19 PM »

For those of you wondering about strike changes, consider watching Datto's video covering these changes, as well as the scoring system and Vanguard Elite bounties.

HellRazor1281

• Captain
  • Headshots and Hugs for everyone!
    • HellRazor1281
    • HellRazor1281
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 9
    • My band - Year of the Locust
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 11:22:13 AM »

I'M BACK FROM TOUR -blam!-ES!

Won't be getting online until probably after Christmas based on what I have to do and who I have to see in the next 5 days, but I'm stoked to get in on some SRL when I do.  Be in touch via XBL.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 08:07:11 AM »

Has anyone managed to snag an Ice Breaker yet? I've completed the bounty three times each week and finally got it on my 7th completion. Of course it had to be that number. ::) (It drops at 370)

jingraham

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • He hates the cans!!! Stay away from the cans!!!!!
    • jingraham
  • Awards: 3
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 09:20:26 AM »

Has anyone managed to snag an Ice Breaker yet? I've completed the bounty three times each week and finally got it on my 7th completion. Of course it had to be that number. ::) (It drops at 370)

I haven't made my seventh completion yet, so I don't have it 😀. Will keep an eye out later this week when I can run NF

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 10:03:47 AM »

Does it ONLY drop from Zavala's Nightfall bounty, or from any of his bounties? I almost never do the Nightfall because at most it's usually just my brother and I.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 02:02:14 PM »

It only comes in the Nightfall "Sunrise" bounty because the others give armor. The reward is just as good, and sometimes better than what the Nightfall drops. Six out of the eight runs I did were from LFG so don't hesitate to try that.

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 10:38:19 AM »

I wasn't sure, since Sunrise specifies "Legendary" weapon while the other two always just say "Legendary item[/i]." It hasn't always been armor. I got a shader from one the first week if I remember right.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2016, 06:37:51 PM »

I had a shock playing SRL last night. I got matched against the world record holding fastest Guardian alive. Yeah, I lost badly.

Ham Sanwitch

• Commander
  • Probably your real dad.
    • Ham Sanwitch
    • Ham Sanwitch
  • Awards: 10
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2016, 08:48:22 PM »

AND he got blue boots for winning! You should be embarrassed at yourself! lol
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 23 queries.