Spartan I Project
  • October 21, 2017, 09:01:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

SIP Forum, the cure for the common forum.

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Halo Wars 2 General Discussion Thread  (Read 243 times)

HellRazor1281

• Captain
  • Headshots and Hugs for everyone!
    • HellRazor1281
    • HellRazor1281
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 9
    • My band - Year of the Locust
Halo Wars 2 General Discussion Thread
« on: February 20, 2017, 11:05:36 AM »

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

Alright folks, who got the game early like I did? 

Biggest gripe:  Campaign WAY too short.  I finished the campaign on Normal in what was a full day and a half of work.  Also, no boss fight with Atriox, and the ending was completely abrupt and was a HUGE setup either for fresh campaign DLC, or HW3. 

Best thing so far:  The story is compelling, Blur KILLED it with the cinematics, controls are the same, functions have slightly changed, but not very much.  This game is f'n FUN.  Oh, and Forge is back in the MP modes of the game. 

I have not checked out Blitz yet but I will hopefully get to before I leave for my tour. 

Hit me with your thoughts!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 01:15:01 PM by HellRazor1281 »

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 23
    • The Quest For 52
Re: Halo Wars 2 General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 08:15:22 AM »

I agree, the campaign seems short. But it's 12 missions when most Halo titles are around 10. It just flows so well it seems shorter. The later missions on a Legendary playthrough should take care of any complaints for being short. Also, the season pass says there will be DLC story missions.

The cinematics are my favorite part by far. I want more!

Blitz is absolutely a pay to win money trap. The more duplicates you get the higher veterancy the units spawn with. My cards have stacked mostly on Forge so I have high level Grizzlies and Vanguard Kodiak. Hopefully there's a cap otherwise it's not even fair to play. Firefight is just multiplayer with an absolutely insane amount of units getting thrown at you.

Dark Infinity

• Suicide Grunt
  • Captain
  • ~Frag Out
    • Dark Infinity 1
    • Dark Infinity 1
  • Awards: 10
    • Dark Infinity Studios
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 09:43:30 AM »

Most important question.

Did they keep the controls somewhat the same from HW1?

My biggest complaint of most RTS games on a console is the ridiculousness they make you jump through to control your troops. I liked the simplicity of HW1.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 23
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 07:00:14 PM »

It's been a good 5+ years since I played the first, but I believe it's almost identical. The dial format is the same with maybe a few changes. I don't remember exactly how the tech level worked, but it changed so the number of times your base upgrades is the tech level, with a cap of 3. They did add the option to create hot keys for specific groups of units so you can have different teams to control with just a few presses.

My biggest gripe with this is the glitches I've encountered. Units that take multiple attempts to move, spartan slams that use the ability but don't do the action, and the worst is a unit freezing in place. I had a spartan do that on the final mission. And for some reason my campaign menu removed all words on the screen last night. Hopefully these things get addressed in a patch.

HellRazor1281

• Captain
  • Headshots and Hugs for everyone!
    • HellRazor1281
    • HellRazor1281
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 9
    • My band - Year of the Locust
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 10:28:02 AM »

For the most part, the controls are the same.  You can assign groups, cycle through your armies and bases using the D-Pad, added some different leader skills and a few new units for each faction in the game. 

Tech level is now increased by the amount of upgrades you make to your base, not based on how many generators you have.  Power is now a consumable as well as your Supply Pad resources, so the higher tiered units require both money and power to construct.  Power is also now exclusively used to research upgrades for all your units and buildings. 

I have not encountered the glitches Stig has, but then again I haven't played it since I finished the campaign on Normal.  Gears and FFXV have been taking up my time because I want to finish getting certain achievements for both before I leave for my tour. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 10:32:56 AM by HellRazor1281 »

MathGuy42

• Captain
  • Frog blast the vent core!
    • MathGuy42
  • Awards: 7
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 06:30:03 AM »

Blitz is absolutely a pay to win money trap. The more duplicates you get the higher veterancy the units spawn with. My cards have stacked mostly on Forge so I have high level Grizzlies and Vanguard Kodiak. Hopefully there's a cap otherwise it's not even fair to play.
According to discussions on HaloWaypoint, the official guide says that Level 6 is somewhat a cap. A card can keep going past Level 6, but there isn't much bonus afterwards. One person posted that Level 20 may be an absolute cap, but I think they were just conjecturing.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 25 queries.