Spartan I Project
  • August 18, 2017, 08:32:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

What's that smell? Maybe I sharted.

Join our official Destiny clan today and set it as your Xbox and/or PlayStation clan!
Pages: [1] 2 Next

Author Topic: Destiny - Age of Triumph Details  (Read 724 times)

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 23
    • The Quest For 52
Destiny - Age of Triumph Details
« on: March 22, 2017, 06:52:23 PM »

Over the last three weeks Bungie has been revealing what to expect in the Age of Triumph update. On Tuesday, March 28th, players will finally be able to get their hands on it. This is the last planned event for Destiny 1 as the announcement for Destiny 2 slowly approaches. If you’re still an active Guardian looking to become a legend, here are some of your new quests and rewards to go after.

Activities

First of all, the old raids will be getting a new 390 version that all players can attempt. Changes will be coming to some of them, like a shorter oracle defense in Vault of Glass and mention of some form of fix coming to Crota’s End. Also, all raids, including the VoG and Crota, will be getting Challenge Modes and new emblems for completing them. Challenge modes will not be active on all raids every week, instead the Director (the list of weekly / daily activities on the bottom left of the destination selection screen) will have a weekly raid where the challenge modes are only active during that week. We know that the new Challenge modes for Vault of Glass will be for the Templar and Atheon, while Crota’s End will be the Deathsinger and Crota. Completing any challenges will award an Age of Triumph ornament along with loot, which will be explained later.

We had to get the big news out of the way first, but there will be one massive quest from the speaker with a 13 page record book for you to work on. It will cover everything across the entire game including nodes that will be exclusive to players that were there from the beginning. Emblems will be awarded for quite a few of these tasks so be sure to go for what you want. Completing the book is not required to earn the reward tiers, but you will need to invest a lot of time. Most of the contents were kept a secret for Guardians to find on release.

Another addition to the weekly activities is a 390 Challenge of the Elders. Nothing particularly special about this, just the usual at a higher level. However, the daily story mission is being retired and replaced with a weekly story playlist. For the players that aren’t able to get on every day this allows them to get all of the usual daily rewards in one chain of runs. These do not need to be completed all at one time either.

Finally, the Nightfall is getting a new modifier called Daybreak. With this modifier all supers, melee abilities and grenades recharge at an increased rate like Mayhem mode in the Crucible. While this gives players an advantage, it also adds the Epic modifier which gives some enemies additional shields. This modifier will only appear once a month, unfortunately. For those able to complete the Nightfall they will be rewarded with the old favorite of blue flames on your head with a weekly EXP buff.

Rewards

With the new raid light level increases you’re probably aware that half of the raids are currently locked in the year 1 cap of 170 light. Once the new raids are out all, or most, of the old weapons and armor will be available to collect again at the new level. Weapons have a catch that I’ll get to in a minute. Armor is an interesting one this time because they have a new ornament slot that makes for some very nice looking sets. In fact, all four raids will be getting armor that can be changed by the new Age of Triumph ornament. Crota’s End and King’s Fall sets will look similar to their usual pattern, but they have energy designs that disappear when shot then regenerate. You can see some of the images above and below. Hopefully Bungie makes an image that collects all the armor sets for the next weekly update that I can add to this.

The only way to shoot bad guys in the face is with guns, so here we go. All the old special and heavy weapons you loved in the old raids will be returning, except Black Hammer. As they said on stream, it was too good to return. Instead you’ll be on the hunt for Black Spindle. Primaries are taking a little bit of a change. You can get any of the primary weapons in their usual drop locations, but they won’t have elements. However, if you complete a challenge mode there will be a chance of getting an exotic version of the gun with elemental damage. And that’s not all. This new twist is also being added to the new raids. King’s Fall and Wrath of the Machine primaries will also have a chance to drop with elemental damage after completing a challenge.

And not to leave out the rarest of the weapons, there is some news on the exotics. Vex Mythoclast and Nechrocasm will both be back to collect. It’s not clear if they can be bought from the kiosk if you already have it, but it’s safe to say they likely want you to collect it in the new raid. It’s also not clear if the old chain of events to earn Nechrocasm will be coming back or if it’s just a random drop. Both of these weapons and several others are getting new ornaments so look forward to getting those.

The final set of loot to collect is the new Eververse box collection, Treasure of Ages. In this set you will find every single item ever available in past treasure boxes as well as a few new ornaments, armor, a ship and emotes. Instead of buying a bunch of these you will be able to earn three per week. One from the weekly Crucible playlist, one from the weekly story playlist and one from the 390 Challenge of the Elders. If you don’t like what you get you can always dismantle it for silver dust. Another bonus from this update is the silver dust kiosk will be stocked with all of the old content that you can buy directly from that instead of waiting for boxes. Just be aware your Silver, the real world money currency not Silver dust, will not carry over to Destiny 2 so spend anything you’ve been hoarding.

Changes

New stuff never comes without some kind of tweaks. While most of this will be covered in patch notes, here are a few things to be aware of. The accidental across the board health tweak for weapons and abilities is getting addressed. Hunters Bladedancer strikes will be going back to the health regeneration stats from before, with the weapons affected getting a buff of more health earned upon kills.

Three exotics were mentioned specifically. Truth will be going down to one rocket per magazine, getting an additional rocket in reserve, and getting the fastest reload of all available rocket launchers. No Land Beyond will be acting more like a sniper and have appropriate recoil when the player gets shot. Nechrocasm’s main ability of having enemies explode like Cursed Thrall upon headshot kills will be changed to activate upon every kill.

Finally, some small changes to the sandbox were previewed. Hand cannons are getting a slight range nerf, which they said on stream was about 3 meters difference. Auto rifles are getting a buff to get closer in line with other weapon classes.   

There was a lot of information covered over the last few weeks to summarize here so apologies for anything that I might have missed. We’ll have the patch notes for you when they are available so be sure to check it out for anything else.

Read the full story

ContactTango

• Spartan King
  • General
  • Honor Few, Fear None
    • ContactTango
    • ContactTango
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 20
    • Spartan Training Gear
Re: Destiny - Age of Triumph Details
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 07:35:59 PM »

Blah blah blah, can't keep any of it so what's the point.

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 08:44:25 PM »

One last hurrah and a bit of nostalgia.

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 10:09:27 PM »

Crota’s End and King’s Fall sets will look similar to their usual pattern, but they have energy designs that disappear when shot then regenerate.
It's a cool idea, but since you normally can't see your own armor in combat, the novelty may wear off. :-\

Then again, the return of the blue flames from completing the Nightfall has been requested ever since Bungie dropped it, so there's that.

Thanks for compiling the details here!

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 11:44:17 PM »

Yet we all know you're going to play it anyway.

Personally, I don't plan to buy Destiny 2 unless they make drastic changes they would never do. So I'm looking forward to my final run with Bungie for a while.

oviate1

• Captain
  • They've gone the plaid!!
    • oviate1
  • Awards: 7
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 02:05:39 PM »

Yay...another record book I won't finish and raids I won't have time to do!!

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 02:10:36 AM »

Yay...another record book I won't finish and raids I won't have time to do!!

There is that, yea. Still haven't done the Machine raid yet myself. Bungie seems to assume that after nearly 3 years we all just happen to have a regular crew and alternates to run the raids multiple times a week (at this point, to get the "full grind," we'd have to do twelve raids a week). I've never done a raid with the same group of people twice. I have maybe 2-3 friends that are usually down to raid but we rarely can get a full team together at the same time.

oviate1

• Captain
    • oviate1
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 06:19:20 AM »

Imagine that but only having the opportunity to attempt it a few time over the course of a year. #mylife

ContactTango

• Spartan King
  • General
  • Honor Few, Fear None
    • ContactTango
    • ContactTango
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • Spartan Training Gear
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 04:04:14 PM »

Personally, I don't plan to buy Destiny 2 unless they make drastic changes they would never do. So I'm looking forward to my final run with Bungie for a while.

I honestly don't know. Coming from a guy who's done it all in Destiny, I just really don't know if I want to spend any time grinding for stuff  that will go to heap in 5 months. I'd rather grind my Gears re-ups.

swifttime

• Lance Corporal
  • The swift talks in third person because he can!!!
    • SIP swifttime
    • SIP swifttime
  • Awards: 1
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 04:10:01 PM »

same here

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 05:26:34 PM »

As promised, here's the image Bungie provided for all the new armor sets.

And the launch trailer.

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 07:09:22 PM »

I honestly don't know. Coming from a guy who's done it all in Destiny, I just really don't know if I want to spend any time grinding for stuff  that will go to heap in 5 months. I'd rather grind my Gears re-ups.
5 months is still more time than we've had with our other gear in most cases. I'm mainly just looking to get a useful Facade of the Hezen Lords again.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 07:39:45 PM »

You can always come back to the game so whatever you get now will be yours until the servers go down. And they said they were going to give Destiny 1 players a way to show their legend in Destiny 2 so some of these emblems or how far you get in the final book may be a key part of that.

I'd like to get Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, Vex Mythoclast, The Crota armor set for the Warlock so I can look like Dracula again, Nechrocasm...

(click to show/hide)

ContactTango

• Spartan King
  • General
  • Honor Few, Fear None
    • ContactTango
    • ContactTango
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • Spartan Training Gear
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 05:35:44 PM »

Okay Poke, I stand corrected, I finished the book. 100%. :)

oviate1

• Captain
    • oviate1
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 06:38:06 PM »

Okay Poke, I stand corrected, I finished the book. 100%. :)
Lmao! Completionist/tryhard level 9000! I knew you couldn't resist the call Marc.
Pages: [1] 2 Next

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 25 queries.