Spartan I Project
  • August 18, 2017, 08:36:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Unlocking achievements since May 2008.

Join our official Destiny clan today and set it as your Xbox and/or PlayStation clan!
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Destiny 2 Gameplay and First Details Reveal  (Read 370 times)

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 23
    • The Quest For 52
Destiny 2 Gameplay and First Details Reveal
« on: May 18, 2017, 05:22:44 PM »

Today was our first look at gameplay of Destiny 2, including some additional details for features coming to the game. A lot of what you already know and love will be returning, but Bungie is also taking a new approach to involve more players. We’ll get to that later. First of all, here’s the official gameplay reveal trailer.

Story

The reveal stream showcased the first mission, Homecoming, as the Red Legion begins their assault on the Tower. In the attack, The Speaker is lost and the Traveler is enclosed in a giant shield that cuts off all Guardians from the Light. With most of the other Guardians weakened you stand as the best hope for the city. In the closing scenes you encounter Dominus Gaul, also known as Gary, the leader of the Red Legion. Ultimately the Tower falls and players lose their home, their vaults and their powers.

Classes

While your original subclasses appear to be lost, at least for now, there were three new abilities shown. Warlocks have the Dawnblade, a Solar based ability that grants a flaming sword and aerial hovering. Warlocks can jump in the air and send out waves of solar damage, much like a mid-air version of the Bolt-Caster, as well as use a downward slam to damage enemies below.

Titans will get the Sentinel, which is a more offensive version of Defender. With Sentinel you receive one small disc shield that can be expanded as a proper shield in one direction, used as a bashing tool against enemies, or thrown at enemies that can bounce around and come back. Basically the Titan power is Captain America.

Hunters familiar with Arc Blade will most likely be right at home with Arcstrider. The new power appeared to play mostly the same, with the main difference being the blade is replaced by a ninja staff with all of the expected acrobatic flips and kicks being added in.

Weapons

Yes, your vault and all the loot is gone. But, there will be a whole new system to deal with for weapons. Instead of the traditional Primary, Special, and Heavy Weapon categories they will be replaced with the Kinetic, Energy, and Power weapon slots. Not only are they relabeled, but the slots are also changed to use slightly different weapons. Some will even have weapons that can be used in multiple slots. In addition to this change, a few new types of guns were shown. A Grenade Launcher and Minigun were used, but no details on either of these were given.  

Destinations

With the Tower taken over the Guardians need a new home. The new base camp has been established in the European Deadzone, also called EDZ. While this is the home for the majority of survivors, the Vanguard leaders have split up to three new destinations for their own reasons. Zavala has retreated to Titan, a moon of Saturn, which is completely covered in oceans with the exception of some sinking man-made structures from the Golden Age. Cayde-6 has gone to the planet Nessus, which has almost entirely been turned into a Vex world. Ikora has gone to IO, a Sulfuric moon of Jupiter, which was the last place the Traveler touched while it was active. For this reason it is considered a sacred planet with many mysteries and reasons to explore.

Activities

Of course the expected Strikes, Raids and Patrols will be returning. The first two are similar to what we know now, but they didn’t go into detail. However, new activities have been added to exploration. Adventures are a new side mission that can be given to you from characters in the game. They will lead you on a path with rewards and a brief story. Also available will be Lost Sectors. These are hidden destinations with treasures to collect and a boss that protects them.

And by the way, if you don’t want to go to Orbit then you don’t have to. The Director will be an in-game tab now that allows you to select where you want to go and what you want to do. “We want to remove as many barriers between your gun and the enemies face.” – Luke Smith

We can’t forget about the Crucible either. This will be returning with the change of all playlists featuring 4v4 combat. Also announced is a new mode called Countdown. This is the first attack and defense PvP mode Destiny has had. This was not shown, but players invited to the reveal were invited to play after the reveal stream. Videos will likely be popping up shortly from well known YouTubers so be on the lookout for that if you want to see it in action.

Clans

Clans will be expanded from Bungie.net into the game. Each clan can make their own motto, unique banner and organize themselves all from inside the game. Clans will also have a reward system for a range of activities. No matter how you play or what you do, it will add progress to the clan for everyone to get rewards.

A new feature will be added called “Guided Games.” With this, groups of clan members that can’t fill their teams will be able to open their roster to solo players that want to join in. This was established as a compromise to raid matchmaking since the core of the raid group should be mostly together before starting. While it is mostly in mind for raids, it will also be available for Trials, the Nightfall or other activities. The clan can open the roster, but the solo player selects who they want to join from a list.

PC

And in closing, PC players will need to know of one new announcement. The PC version of Destiny 2 will be exclusively available on Battle.net, Blizzard’s online service.

That’s everything. For those that would rather see the whole thing from the source, here’s the full reveal.

Read the full story

NeoRman69

• Commander
  • The Legend Himself
    • NeoRman69
    • NeoRman69
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 9
Re: Destiny 2 Gameplay and First Details Reveal
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 05:26:26 PM »

Just as I finally uninstalled destiny, they try to drag me back in

Boxthemuppet

• Private
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 05:59:12 PM »

Can we get some kind of poll going to select our clan motto?

I would like to suggest "Spartan1Project: I'M TINY RICK!!!"

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 23
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 06:11:33 PM »

I can almost guarantee it's going to be the motto we've had for years:

"Make friends, Blow stuff up, Unlock achievements."

NeoRman69

• Commander
  • The Legend Himself
    • NeoRman69
    • NeoRman69
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 9
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 06:33:30 PM »

Honestly the motto should have been "Blow Friends Up!"

oviate1

• Captain
  • They've gone the plaid!!
    • oviate1
  • Awards: 7
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 07:48:41 PM »

All my motto suggestions would be inside jokes that only old schoolers would get.

On the wall!!
Rockets=negative k/d
Frakjoy fell asleep again

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 12:08:52 AM »

Unlock friends, make stuff up, blow achievements.

Am I doing this right?

On another note, I think the Guided Games feature could make it more convenient to fill a fireteam on an ad-hoc basis as well as finding new players to become part of the community.

oviate1

• Captain
    • oviate1
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 12:20:25 AM »

Soooooo.....who's achievements?  :o

swifttime

• Lance Corporal
  • The swift talks in third person because he can!!!
    • SIP swifttime
    • SIP swifttime
  • Awards: 1
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 06:48:52 AM »

All my motto suggestions would be inside jokes that only old schoolers would get.

On the wall!!
Rockets=negative k/d
Frakjoy fell asleep again

I think you mean," HOLD THE WALL!!!"

oviate1

• Captain
    • oviate1
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 07:45:30 AM »

I think you mean," HOLD THE WALL!!!"
Nope. Definitely "ON the wall"

Again, inside jokes from back in the day. A handful of people see that phrase and understand.

ATLNinjalo

• Everyone's friendly neighborhood fatman.
  • Spartan
  • Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
    • Bookface
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 07:54:29 AM »

On another note, I think the Guided Games feature could make it more convenient to fill a fireteam on an ad-hoc basis as well as finding new players to become part of the community.

Of course this guy likes the in game LFG functionality. They were trying super hard to not say Looking for Group during this part of the reveal and then she slipped up once I think.

kungfuboy007

• Lance Corporal
  • Welp here I am
    • kungfuboy007
    • Barzul Knular
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 2
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 09:21:26 AM »

I'm really liking the Hunter's dodge, especially with the Marksman Dodge perk-

Ham Sanwitch

• Commander
  • Probably your real dad.
    • Ham Sanwitch
    • Ham Sanwitch
  • Awards: 10
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 11:42:47 AM »

Gameplay footage of D2's Strike Inverted Spire.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.289 seconds with 25 queries.