• December 14, 2017, 10:00:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Juggernooooooooogggggg!!!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Destiny 2 Release Date and Beta Details  (Read 607 times)

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 24
    • The Quest For 52
Destiny 2 Release Date and Beta Details
« on: June 13, 2017, 12:32:25 AM »

The E3 trailer for Destiny 2 gave us our first close look at Gary Dominus Ghaul. Just like last time PlayStation has an exclusive strike, PvP map, armor, and exotic sniper. The biggest news to come out of it was the release date reveal. Console versions will release on September 6th, with PC being October 24th.

Later announced by Bungie are the dates of the beta. Early Access for Pre-ordering is July 18th on PS4, July 19th on XB1. The Open beta is July 21st and it closes for all on July 23rd. PC beta is sometime in August.

Read the full story

« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 06:19:07 PM by Stig Assassin »

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
Re: Destiny 2 Release Date and Beta Details
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 10:01:18 PM »

Time to book some vacation! :)

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 06:27:03 PM »

They posted the trailer for the PS4 exclusives a bit late. Here it is:

Just like last time these are meant to be exclusive for one year.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 04:58:53 PM »

Beta launch trailer and more details below.

Homecoming: The opening mission and cinematics from Destiny 2’s Campaign.

Countdown: Enter the Crucible to battle other Guardians in a brand new mode. Attack or Defend the base on a new map custom-built to support this new game type.

Control: The original standard for Crucible combat is back, with some impactful changes. Control the zones on another new map built with this objective in mind.

The Inverted Spire: Strike at the heart of a Vex stronghold. Bring two willing allies, or let Matchmaking introduce you to a Fireteam of Guardians.

New Subclasses: The new fighting style for each Class will be at the ready. Choose from the Dawnblade Warlock, Arcstrider Hunter, or Sentinel Titan.

The Farm: For one hour, on Sunday, July 23, we’re inviting you to tour the new social space in Destiny 2. Starting at 10AM Pacific, you’re welcome to kick the ball into the net or befriend a chicken. Most vendors and services will be offline. Our goals are to see how many of you it can accommodate at once.

Participation in the beta will award an exclusive emblem in the final release.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 10:05:50 AM »

I know everyone is busy playing the beta, but any opinions yet?

Multiplayer feels solid. I'm disappointed my shotguns are pretty much gone, but at least it feels like even footing.

Campaign is quite good. My only concern is if that's the first mission then it can only go downhill from there. It felt like a final battle more than an intro. Hopefully they can keep it at that level of excitement.

The one time I played the Strike it was a massive pain in the butt since I had two complete noobs. Seriously, even if you've never played Destiny before you'd think someone could figure out punching a 40 foot tall robot is not how to kill it. >:(|  :facepalm:

And I have no idea what that Fail Safe character is, but the interaction between Ghost and it is hilarious.

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 12:53:03 AM »

According to their FB post, the Beta has been extended to 6pm PST Tuesday night for further testing purposes.

My impressions form the beta...Crucible is even more cancer than it was before. In Control I ran into a Hunter with 0 Resilliency. They survived three body shots, center mass, from the Better Devils hand cannon with explosive rounds, followed by two headshots from the same, followed by two melee strikes. And I had the drop on them to top it off. Meanwhile my Warlock with a nearly full set of "heavy" armor from the strike boosting my resiliency stat to 6 was dispatched in under two seconds by their SMG. And then we tried Countdown. My brother and I vs. a full four-man fireteam (not matchmade, a full team). And when I say "my brother and I" I literally mean just my brother and I. Never had any other teammates throughout the entire match. Managed to get one "dissarm" so it wasn't a complete shsutout but still a one-sided ass-whupping that has me convinced D2's Crucible should be avoided even more dilligently than D1's.

For weapons, Black Scorpion was a trash excuse for a scout rifle, so needless to say I was squite happy when I got Does Not Compute to drop from the strike. Not digging this "kinetic-energy-power" loadout build. Especially as the power weapons feel very, very underwhelming (not entirely true, the shotgun was decent if you can live long enough to get that close to anything worth using up precious power ammo on). The new "linear" fusion rifles might be interesting, having a similar feel (although not even a shade of the power) compared to the Sleeper Simulant. The one sniper rifle I got to use (seemingly exclusive to the hunters for the beta) was a glorified cork gun. Very underwhelming power. Better Devils had a decent feel to it, Does Not Compute was great but could use a better scope for the long range game (being that secondary snipers are no longer an option). SMGs felt ok, but not being a fan of automatic weapons they didn't see much use. Don't think I ever used any auto rifles or sidearms, since I never used them much in D1 unless I had to.

For PvE, I'm with Stig in hoping the opening mission is just a taste and the rest of the campaign keeps pace with that kind of depth. Snazzy cutscenes, NPC interactions, it was a little disappointing that it had to be a solo mission, but it was the same in D1, too. The strike was fun, challenging without being too aggravating most of the time (I think I've only ever made it through the drill site once out of at least 10 runs without dying). I hope the full game strikes will feel as rewarding (two legendaries or equivalent per run without any need for using special consumables would be a welcome improvement to D1).

All in all I'm satisfied that I pre-ordered the game. I'm looking forward to exploring new locales and (hopefully) finding new favorite gear that still has a familiar enough feel to not have me missing D1 too much (not sure if there will be a true replacement for my Omolon Cocytus and Last Extremity rifles with their enemy highlighting long range scopes and extended 16-round mags but here's hoping). Unlesss things are very different in the full game or Bungie locks something spectacular within it I don't see myself spending any time at all in Crucible, though. Never was much of a fan of PvP and for all the success Bungie had with Halo in that department they somehow managed to screw the pooch in every conceivable way with Destiny in that regard, at least in my opinion. Really hoping they don't put anything too great exclusive to Crucible, though. Hated that about D1. I don't like being forced to play a game mode I get no enjoyment out of. I'm sure the PvP buffs felt the same way about certain raid and strike gear.

ATLNinjalo

• Everyone's friendly neighborhood fatman.
  • Spartan
  • Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
    • Bookface
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 11:08:49 AM »

My biggest impression on this is that apparently developers don't learn from other recent games. Best thing I can compare this beta gameplay to is Titanfall 2. TF1 was fast paced, you got your titans 2-3 times a match and things were good. Then TF2 beta comes along and if you weren't absolute garbage you got 1 titan a match but if you had a bad match then you may not see your titan at all. They corrected it but I have to think that had an impact on its sales. Here comes Destiny 2 and its like trickle is already on and many of the complaints I hear about on the game is that it is too heavily balanced towards super competitive PvP. If its going to happen it'll happen on its own Bungo, you can't force it.

Also one maybe bone to pick is they are pushing the 4v4 style for PvP. If you are going to have these 4 man groups running around why not have some type of PvE environment for them to run too?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 26 queries.