Spartan I Project
  • June 27, 2017, 08:20:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

We used to be on B.net...then we took an arrow to the knee.

Join our official Destiny clan today and set it as your Xbox and/or PlayStation clan!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 424 Next

Author Topic: Destiny - General Discussion Thread  (Read 154299 times)

BREQ

• Commander
  • Never trouble trouble
    • BREQ
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 7
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:59:51 AM by SlashingArbiter »

Gladiator Z56

• Lieutenant
  • World's Best Bulletsponge.
    • Gladiator Z56
    • Gladiator Z56
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
Re: Bungie’s Destiny
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 10:03:56 PM »

:o

O_O

Well damn...

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 10:09:28 PM »

Looks like pretty decent. There wont be yearly releases which gives us time to actually enjoy the games. A fourth Marathon could be really cool and different seeing as the others were 2D. Probably could knock Call of Duty out of the spotlight since two years could make the game a lot smoother and will actually focus on story and new gameplay elements. I didn't think they were going to make another sci-fi shooter right after Halo but focus on another genre.

WHITESTAR 2032

• Private
  • Awards: 1
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 10:48:46 PM »

Hell screw COD Bungie's new game will go head to head with Halo. That should be interesting to see.

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 11:16:42 PM »

But Destiny and COD will have an Activision family feud and will probably bring COD off the top of Activision's favorite list. Destiny and Halo will have a Bungie family feud where they have to beat there old child with a new one.

WHITESTAR 2032

• Private
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 07:04:47 PM »

Yeah it wil be interesting to see first off can Bungie get lightning to strike twice with this new game series. And with the pressure of trying to come up with the next big thing. But to add the stronge competition of their own creation kicking their ass. And the continuing struggle against COD. It will be an interesting E3 2013 when Bungie shows us what they have.     

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 07:18:57 PM »

I hope they have details at this E3. They've at least got to have concept art or story background to get us a little excited. I have a feeling this game will be the next game we see consistently in the top 5 xbl titles. When I think top five, I think of CoD, Halo, and the newest AAA titles like assassin's creed or Gears of War. Let's hope to see Destiny fit right into there.

WHITESTAR 2032

• Private
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 07:35:34 PM »

They already said they won't be at this years E3. And none of this was ever supposed to be released anyway. It was a legal court leak on Activisions side of things. Activision had all their projects and expenses exposed in court which included Bungie's secret plans. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:43:18 PM by WHITESTAR 2032 »

aDrunkBaconGod

• Helljumper Cosmic Avenger
  • Captain
  • Keep Calm and Reap On
    • aDrunkBaconGod
    • aDrunkBaconGod
  • Awards: 12
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 07:40:18 PM »

This doesn't interest me at all

I supported Bungie when they made Halo, but after them signing their souls to the devil that is Activision, nothing that they make coming from Activision will ever convince me to buy their games.

That's just my opinion

WHITESTAR 2032

• Private
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 07:45:04 PM »

Oh I don't care that they went to Activision for money to produce their games. I don't like the way they tried to drive Halo in to the ground with Reach before they left it.

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »

Well Phooey! I will agree to disagree with all of you guys. I will stick with Bungie forever. They have earned my trust and will still have my trust when making business decisions such as signing on with Activision. I still stand that Halo Reach was a true "swan song" as so many people put it. A perfect ending but of course, that is an opinion that I and a minority believe.

ExtremeyoshiFan

• Sergeant
    • ExtremeYoshiFan
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 09:41:51 PM »

But Destiny and COD will have an Activision family feud and will probably bring COD off the top of Activision's favorite list. Destiny and Halo will have a Bungie family feud where they have to beat there old child with a new one.
Sounds like the storyline for a cliche action movie... LOL.

SpecOp3

• XOF Breaker
  • Captain
  • "So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
    • SpecOp3
    • SpecOp3
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 14
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 02:02:44 AM »

Oh I don't care that they went to Activision for money to produce their games. I don't like the way they tried to drive Halo in to the ground with Reach before they left it.
Still can't see how Reach was a failure? Love what it brought to the table. I am very much a Reach>Halo3 guy

WHITESTAR 2032

• Private
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 02:34:44 PM »

It failed in the fact that their were no original MP maps they were all pulled out of the campaign. And Bungie relayed way to much on the community to supply new maps for Reach instead of making new ones. And some of the new game mechanics just didn't work at all. For example the Bull true it is the medal to kill a sword guy in mid lunge before he can kill you. Well it doesn't work that way in Reach it almost always ends in both players deaths. And having the same 20 or so challenges since launch is another downfall. But the overall playlist tweaks and weapon tweaks they would always do. All because some ass went on the forums and started whining about getting their ass kicked by someone with a shot gun. And of course the ranking system once you get past Gen grade 4 it is a insane amount of credits to rank up. And when some games only net you and few hundrad or so credits that rank bar barley ever moves. 

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 02:43:51 PM »

Sounds like you got 99 problems and Halo 3 aint one...

I can think all the way back to Halo CE. Each one had a butt load of issues and the next would fix some of those issues and create some more. Halo 3 had just as many issues if not more that people complained about. Not sure why Reach takes all the heat. I take it for what it is. A fantastic game.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 424 Next

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 25 queries.