• August 23, 2017, 02:08:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

SIP: Now with 25% more bacon.

Pages: Prev 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 Next

Author Topic: Destiny - General Discussion Thread  (Read 164167 times)

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
Re: Destiny - General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6345 on: April 09, 2017, 09:25:32 PM »

Mechanics might not change overall, but they did make a tweak to the Vosik encounter - apparently the switch to close the door has been relocated to make it easier to hit with the SIVA bomb.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 23
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #6346 on: April 09, 2017, 11:59:01 PM »

King's Fall and WoTM will both be their usual challenges.

Don't be too sure, Bungie is unpredictable

I highly doubt any mechanics are going to be changed when the challenge node of the book is retroactive. The old raids were fair game since they needed new challenges. And the changes made were at least vaguely described in the patch notes.

@Arby: It needed to be changed. I watched a point blank throw not register and wipe an LFG run I was on. From the patch notes:

Fixed an issue where one of the door switches in the second Vosik encounter was partially obscured by the wall and difficult to hit with a SIVA Charge

R MK XXV

• Spartan
    • R MK XXV
    • R MK XXV
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
« Reply #6347 on: April 10, 2017, 10:36:11 AM »

Any Titans interested in  helping with the OP quest. 

Final step, just need some bodys to do the final code. 

ATLNinjalo

• Everyone's friendly neighborhood fatman.
  • Spartan
  • Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
    • Bookface
« Reply #6348 on: April 10, 2017, 10:38:49 AM »

What time are you usually on? I could help out with the titan if I'm around when you are.

R MK XXV

• Spartan
    • R MK XXV
    • R MK XXV
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #6349 on: April 10, 2017, 10:53:03 AM »

I'm currently on.  (trucks in the shop, waiting for repairs to be complete.)

Will be on late tonight.  (Usually after I get the kids to bed.) 
Might be able to get on earlier in the evenings in order to do the code.

oviate1

• Captain
  • They've gone the plaid!!
    • oviate1
  • Awards: 7
« Reply #6350 on: May 12, 2017, 11:41:17 AM »

So.....this happened this morning while playing some Iron Banana before work. Didn't even realize I was doing that good until the end of the game. But to be honest, the very next game I did absolutely -blam!- all.

oviate1

• Captain
    • oviate1
« Reply #6351 on: May 25, 2017, 12:38:13 PM »

So, finally got to rank 25 for new monarchy and got the Executor's Champion quest. Strikes & Crucible with shader, emblem and class armor. Got a Mark with the quest but I think I accidentally sharded it like a dumbass. Any ideas or am I basically screwed here? Abandoned the quest and reopened it but didn't do any good.

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
« Reply #6352 on: May 25, 2017, 07:36:08 PM »

You can buy a class item from the faction leader for 60 legendary marks.

oviate1

• Captain
    • oviate1
« Reply #6353 on: May 25, 2017, 11:38:37 PM »

Tried that but didn't get anywhere with the quest. Might try it again tomorrow or switch around gear to see if I get a hit.

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #6354 on: May 26, 2017, 01:41:35 AM »

So, finally got to rank 25 for new monarchy and got the Executor's Champion quest. Strikes & Crucible with shader, emblem and class armor. Got a Mark with the quest but I think I accidentally sharded it like a dumbass. Any ideas or am I basically screwed here? Abandoned the quest and reopened it but didn't do any good.
Ah yes, those were "fun" quests, at the end of which you get an exotic class item that, for me, went straight into the vault because I moved on to the next faction and you can only wear it if you're aligned with the corresponding faction, and by the time you get it there's no reason to continuously rank up with that faction unless you're grinding for a specific piece of gear.

Speaking of grinding, there's more or less a 99% chance you'll get a class item every time you rank up with a faction, so if you don't have one laying around (maybe forgotten in the vault somewhere) just run through Shiro's Plagueland bounties for a hefty 500 rep a piece (more if you've done Nightfall) to power through to the next rank and get another class item. Then it's just a matter of having to wear the emblem, shader, and class item. I'm not sure if the new emblems we get from the record book count, though, so if you're using that as your emblem, that could be why you're not seeing any progress.

dowders

• Sergeant
  • Always actin up
    • dowders
    • dowders
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #6355 on: May 26, 2017, 06:38:04 AM »

I'm not sure if the new emblems we get from the record book count, though, so if you're using that as your emblem, that could be why you're not seeing any progress.
They don't, it's a confirmed bug

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #6356 on: June 13, 2017, 12:40:41 AM »

We've been posting a lot of news so it's easy to miss things. I'm sure you guys don't want to miss this one. ;)

Destiny 2 Release Date and Beta Details

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #6357 on: June 30, 2017, 06:33:36 PM »

Heard a rumor today, allegedly confirmed in an interview with Luke Smith, that does not sit well with me. There will be no facial hair options for our characters. I am officially getting a refund for Destiny 2 right now. They killed the game.

Ok, that's not really all that big a deal. Would have been cool to finally get to rock the in-game facial fuzz (haven't seen my own chin since highschool a dozen years ago) but that's not what really has me bugged about Destiny 2.

Apparently in Destiny 2 ALL weapons and armor will have a standard, locked set of perks. No more random rolls. No more grinding to find that perfect combination of perks that best compliments your play style. No me "god rolls." No more ridiculously bizarre rolls that make for interesting youtube challenges, either.

For some, this may sound like great news. Particularly the "no more need to grind" bit. But, that very same grind was a massive portion of Destiny's replayability. You didn't mind doing the same thing over and over because you could potentially get your "god-roll" reward on your preferred piece of gear. It gave you something "new" to look forward to while doing the same old same old over and over. The gameplay was still repetitive but at least you had a chance for interesting and unique rewards to break up the monotony.

But that's only half of it. One of the other major components of the Destiny experience was the feeling of customization. Aside from exotics and Raid gear there were never any "exclusive" perks. If you like the look and style of one piece of armor, or even a weapon, you didn't have to worry about sacrificing function for form. Warlocks, for example, could get the same beneficial set of perks to complement their chosen loadout whether they choose the Year 3 Raku Izumi or opt to throw some silver dust into the lotto machine and get an updated version of Year One's Nerigal Savant. If you like the aesthetics of the Treads Upon Stars or the functionality of the Cocytus SR4 you could go back to the strike playlist or the Gunsmith and try again. You could pick and choose the style you like best and grind for the perks you wanted.

However, with this announcement of all gear having a standard set of perks (i.e. ALL eyasluna's will be exactly the same, ALL Days of Iron Vestments will be exactly the same, etc.) if you're looking for a specific combination of perks, you may very well end up with some butt-ugly, cobbed-together monstrosity of mismatched gear that looks hideous together, let alone looking anything like what you want, just to get the perks that best match your play style. You can't get the custom look you want anymore because what you like may not have the perks you want.

I can understand this standardization on weapons, it certainly makes balancing much easier when they can say "Palindrome is the problem," instead of "well, hand cannons with this particular set of perks are ridiculously overpowered so we have to nerf them back into competitive standing, and now every other hand cannon regardless of archetype that doesn't have that particular combination of perks is complete garbage but oh well." I don't see why it's necessary for armor. It just sucks the element of customizing our guardians right out into the vacuum of space.

Edit: after checking deeper it looks like only weapons will be affected by this change, thankfully. Still kind of a bummer, but not as bad as it could have been.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:54:40 PM by zaffy2005 »

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #6358 on: August 17, 2017, 10:26:03 PM »

Sorry for the double post (albeit a couple months apart) but where d owe (SIP as a whole) stand with Destiny 2 as far as the group/clan goes? Will we be migrating as a clan or dispersing (but still remaining a "group")?

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #6359 on: August 18, 2017, 12:45:59 AM »

The staff is working on what to do about that. Not having the group founder available means it's more complicated than click this box, or that box. When we have something in place we'll let everyone know. Until then, keep enjoying your space magic.  :)
Pages: Prev 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 Next

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 25 queries.