• November 18, 2017, 11:58:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Awesomesauce served daily.

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 ... 426 Next

Author Topic: Destiny - General Discussion Thread  (Read 181603 times)

WHITESTAR 2032

• Private
  • Awards: 1
Re: Bungie’s Destiny
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 03:19:47 PM »

Seth are you paid by Bungie to always think what ever they do is fantastic? All I ever here you say is how great Bungie's Halo is how you don't like how 343 is now doing Halo it isn't Halo with out Bungie. You never have anything positive to say about anything none Bungie related.

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 03:23:56 PM »

Quite the contrary. I was worried about where 343 was taking Halo but now that rumors are out of the way and actual information is flowing, I have complete faith in them. I REALLY love Halo and it would take a lot for me to speak poorly about it. I will even let you call me a fanboy because I know I am. I will admit there are issues in a Halo but they hardly break/ruin the franchise. I also am looking forward to what Bungie's new project is. They after all are what made Halo. I trust them.

You could even go as far as saying Halo is like my best friend (I'm obviously not THAT nerdy but for comparison purposes...). I see it getting bullied and I'll defend it. Not to say I can't like anything outside of Halo. There are countless game threads where I praise games. I just praise Halo the most :P
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 03:31:19 PM by Seth »

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 09:13:26 PM »

I also agree and think Reach was a great game. I like it just as much as Halo 3. The only problem with Reach for me was that the multiplayer became too repetitive when it comes to the gametypes that are supposed to be more about crazy fun and how people turned them into more competitive gametypes. Like how people camp in Infection because when I play Infection I want to run around being chased by a horde of zombies rather than sit back and playing when camping allows you to win.
As for signing with Activision I would have thought that they sign with EA since Activision demands too much money for something simple. Activision does try to get their game out to all of the consoles which is one thing Bungie wants though.
But for an announcement I hope we hear something on Bungie Day since that is when Bungie went silent and a year could be enough to break the silence.

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 02:00:53 AM »

It failed in the fact that their were no original MP maps they were all pulled out of the campaign.   
It's difficult to say all of the maps were originally designed for the Campaign and then shoehorned into multiplayer when you don't fight the Covenant at all in the Boardwalk and Countdown areas. Reflection is also a remake of Ivory Tower and not really a space designed for Drones flying around. Paradiso and The Cage/Uncaged also say hi.

WHITESTAR 2032

• Private
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 02:34:14 AM »

Countdown is pulled from the sabre facility while you were storming it. And Boardwalk was pulled from the level after you crash back to Reach.

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 09:46:23 AM »

I'm aware those areas appear in the Campaign but you don't do any fighting there. You just run through it. There's no Covenant, and you don't even walk through the main parts of Countdown - in multiplayer that area is in a soft-kill zone. At least for these maps, it is more plausible that they were designed for multiplayer first and then stuck into the Campaign as many people would like to believe.

There are other reasons why the maps don't have the staying power that Halo 3's did but their dual appearance in the Campaign and Multiplayer isn't one of them.

Newb

• Corporal
  • shop smart...shop S-Mart
    • Newb INC
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2012, 10:58:21 AM »

Oh I don't care that they went to Activision for money to produce their games. I don't like the way they tried to drive Halo in to the ground with Reach before they left it.
My thoughts exactly!

Master of Ares

• Sergeant
  • [witty catchphrase]
    • Master of Ares
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 09:48:15 PM »

Not the way I thought the news would break. Whatever.

Master of Ares

• Sergeant
  • [witty catchphrase]
    • Master of Ares
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2012, 09:51:39 PM »

Countdown is pulled from the sabre facility while you were storming it. And Boardwalk was pulled from the level after you crash back to Reach.
you got it backwards.

noted
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:22:06 PM by Master of Ares »

Ham Sanwitch

• Commander
  • Probably your real dad.
    • Ham Sanwitch
    • Ham Sanwitch
  • Awards: 10
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2012, 10:43:27 PM »

Hey Ares. Click the "modify" button to edit your posts. Easy with the double posting. (We're all guilty of it. Just edit next time).

TravisSch

• Lieutenant
  • Disney Fanatic
    • TravisSch
    • TravisSch
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2012, 05:15:46 PM »

Let me revive this topic to say that tomorrow is Bungie Day (7-7).  Will Bungie announce anything on their next game?

I looked through some sites and Bungie had this "One of Seven" thing where 7 people got golden tickets that can be redeemed tomorrow (and only tomorrow) for a look at Bungie's next title (maybe).  The 7 golden tickets were placed in 7 of the swag bags Bungie sold last year.

"One of Seven" Official Rules: http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?cid=31904

EDIT: Urk had this to say on halo.bungie.org (http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1145321):

I've really been looking forward to the One of Seven stuff. Working on the architecture has been a remarkable (and remarkably dizzying) experience, but bringing it back down to human scale is where all the real fun is at for me. One of Seven won't signal the beginning of it all for most of us, but it won't be the only opportunity for us to reach out on a more grounded level, either.

We're about to dust off an old trademarked four-letter friend, and introduce you to a new one that we're really excited about. Please be patient with us. We haven't forgotten you.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 05:18:54 PM by TravisSch »

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 24
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 09:22:20 PM »

Bungie released a new screenshot from their game! Here is the link to the News section and here is the photo.

r c takedown

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 09:28:30 PM »

An accidental blunder (or a planned 'leak') has revealed a host of new information about this highly speculated project. Bungie has not been treating this new info as a leak, so neither will we.

Read up folks. The bungie.net homepage has an official new item about it, albeit with little information.

Kotaku has the correct and official images at the time being, whereas IGN has speculative images from non-official sources, confirmed by Bungie as "Not theirs".

Exciting times. We're still in the dark about this one, but the light at the end of the tunnel grows ever near.

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 11:19:16 PM »

We finally get something about their new game. I can't help but think of Star Wars when I see that picture.

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2012, 11:26:51 PM »

It does inspire thoughts of Star Wars.. Killzone 3 also comes to mind when seeing the image. Looks gritty...and awesome!
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 ... 426 Next

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 26 queries.