• February 18, 2018, 03:26:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Will you be my bullet sponge?

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next

Author Topic: Go Vote Now!! - SIP Official Logo Contest  (Read 6868 times)

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
Go Vote Now!! - SIP Official Logo Contest
« on: January 08, 2013, 04:03:24 PM »

Make sure to vote!

SIP twitter icon contest is evolving!

SIP twitter icon contest has evolved into an "Official SIP Logo Contest!" That's right, we are now looking for the official logo that will be our one and only logo plastered all over the interwebs. We want this site to be recognized easily and one of the best ways for this is with a unique logo.

We've been meaning to get a logo together for some while and I started the twitter icon contest to try and spark up some ideas. We talked a bit and thought it would be neat to give the community as a whole a say in what our logo should look like. I'm going to give a fair warning before we get too excited here. While we want this to be a community effort and we do want to find an official logo, there's no guarantee that the winning logo will actually be used.

I know that sounds weird especially since the whole point of this contest is to find a logo for SIP. We want this thing to be perfect. Something that isn't rushed. If we feel the submissions aren't quite up to expectations or there's a lack of submissions we may not pick any of the entrees for official use (we will still find a use for the 1st place submission if it isn't picked). The undecided nature of this contest should be motivation alone to make the best you can! We want to find a logo to show off but we don't want it to be forced. Take some time and think about it.

Read on to the second post for a list of rules, requirements, and disclaimers...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 04:56:00 PM by Seth »

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
Re: SIP Official Logo Contest
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 04:03:41 PM »

1.) Contest deadline is February 20, @11:59pm PST. The thread will be locked accordingly.

2.) Since this logo is going to be used extensively by the staff for site promotions and possible production, all submissions will be acquired by Spartan 1 Project. Please know that if you submit a logo for the contest, you are handing over your rights to the image. While you will get credit for creating the logo, we need easy and free access to advertise/alter/manufacture it as an extension of S1Ps service without seeking permission to do so. By submitting content to this contest, you are agreeing to these terms.

Because of the nature of this disclaimer, this post will remain unedited to avoid confusion/lack of understanding of such disclaimers existing before an edit took place. Please check the next post for rules/corrections added after the time of posting this contest.

3.) The logo must be relevant to our group! Not only must it be relevant, but it must also be original. This doesn't mean you can't use themes such as Halo for the logo, just make sure more work goes into it than visiting bungie.net and copy pasting a forum avatar and inverting the colors. I think it goes without saying that any and all copyrighted images should not be in your logo. We don't want our logo infringing on copyright claims.

4.) With the logo intended to be posted around the web, the dimensions of the image aren't set in stone. Just make sure that the logo can be upscaled/downscaled while maintaining its quality. We aren't looking for a banner so make sure the dimensions are appropriate.

5.) To submit a logo for entry, please make a post in this here thread with the image embedded. If you have several variations of your logo, please specify which one you'd like to enter for voting before the deadline. If you have multiple submissions, please also specify clearly which submissions you'd like to be included in voting. With the mention of multiple submissions, I'd like you all to know that you aren't limited to one submission. If you have great ideas, don't feel limited. At some point, I may ask that submissions be emailed with the original file included. Please hold on to copies of your submissions.

6.) Once the deadline is reached, I'll round up submissions and throw them into a poll. For a couple weeks, we as a community will take part in voting for our favorites. The top 3 in votes will then be sent to staff for review. Once it enters the staff voting phase, we will decide whether or not the logos in question meet our expectations.

7.) If an official logo isn't decided on, the original twitter contest rules will apply. We will still find uses for your submission. You will still be awarded with a fancy ribbon and I'll make sure to use it on our twitter/youtube/facebook/steam accounts and wherever else I can put it to use!

This is your chance to go down in history as the dude that made that sweet pic everyone looks at before joining our group! It's an awesome opportunity to get involved and provide us with content that will help better improve support for the site.

I hope to receive multiple submissions. Don't be shy to participate.. Even if you are limited to paint skills, you can at least try a concept and see if someone else can take that concept further. Have fun with this one guys. I'm looking forward to what you come up with!

Link to the original contest

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 04:04:24 PM »

Additional Contest Rules and Corrections:

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 04:05:29 PM »

Gallery:

By: JR1203

By (lol): r c takedown

By: Seth

By: Niner

By: Niner

By: NeoRman69

By: wrcfan

By: SovietBeatle

By: SovietBeatle

By: SnakeDoctor214
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 03:21:18 PM by Seth »

r c takedown

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 08:30:31 PM »

Everyone else can stop submitting, i think this one is a winner:

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 11:40:49 PM »

Holy...oh my gosh... I'm just going to put my mouse down and back away from the computer. That's just too good to even continue this contest :P

Was thinking up some ideas and came up with this:

Nothing too fancy and unfortunately, is pixel art. While I like pixel art, I'm not too sure it matches the whole SIP vibe. It's pretty much all I can do graphics art wise. Still working on it.. This is pretty much what I thought up though!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:54:18 AM by Seth »

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 01:43:04 PM »

Even though its pixel art I still like it. Nice and simple.

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 03:07:08 PM »

Thanks! I tried to subtly add a little of everything that we are about. Recon helmet because that's what started this whole thing and our group does have the word spartan in it.. The achievement rings surrounding the helmet... And then the power up emblem glowing in the visor. It's still a work in progress.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 08:48:31 PM by Seth »

Niner

• Honored Spartan
  • You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em
    • RC1309
    • RC1309
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 8
    • My GT
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 04:43:51 PM »

Was thinking up some ideas and came up with this:

Here's a quick mock up for ya Seth.

Here's the Recon helmet image I used if you want to take a crack at it.

wrcfan

• BulletEponge
  • Master Sergeant
  • I've got your wort wort wort right here
    • wrcfan
    • wrcfan
  • Awards: 10
    • The Vintages Days
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 10:30:36 PM »

I'll take a crack at this but it will take me a few weeks. I need to come up with some ideas first then take my time making it come to life via photoshop.

Niner

• Honored Spartan
  • You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em
    • RC1309
    • RC1309
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 8
    • My GT
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 12:00:16 AM »

So it was kind of a slow "work" day so I was futzing around with a variation of Seth's idea.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 03:51:36 PM by Niner »

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 02:41:00 AM »

That's darn awesome! Love the legendary logo with the recon helmet. That's just how hardcore we are! Feel free to run off with my concept if you'd like. I'm pretty limited in my work.. I'm a man of concepts, with 0 execution :P
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:24:22 PM by Seth »

NeoRman69

• Commander
  • The Legend Himself
    • NeoRman69
    • NeoRman69
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 9
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 11:10:11 AM »

i love niner's image, but i was kinda thinking more = less. scribbled in in sharpy, so i would have to clean it up.

SnakeDoctor214

• Captain
  • [Insert witty comment here]
    • SnakeDoctor214
  • Awards: 13
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 08:49:24 AM »

wrcfan

• BulletEponge
  • Master Sergeant
  • I've got your wort wort wort right here
    • wrcfan
    • wrcfan
  • Awards: 10
    • The Vintages Days
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 02:36:27 AM »

I'm finding the hardest part about making the logo is picking a font.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.