• February 19, 2018, 02:34:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Juggernooooooooogggggg!!!

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: My new Halo slaying tool of DESTRUCTION!!!  (Read 474 times)

MrFish

• Spartan
    • Mr Fish 68
    • Mr Fish 68
  • Awards: 2
My new Halo slaying tool of DESTRUCTION!!!
« on: June 07, 2013, 02:57:52 AM »

I just started playing with a new no slow turn wired controller. I finished painting it a while ago, but I had to let it sit for over a week, with sessions of it cooking in the sun (after the paint cured), so that it didn't turn out sticky. So check it out, this is my Foe Hammer! v.v

Even though I'm very happy with how it came out, there are still a lot of imperfections on it. Painting controllers is a learning process, and the next ones I do will be even better! :)

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
Re: My new Halo slaying tool of DESTRUCTION!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 09:25:43 AM »

Looks pretty sweet!

What are the benefits and drawbacks of a no slow turn controller?

MrFish

• Spartan
    • Mr Fish 68
    • Mr Fish 68
  • Awards: 2
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 10:07:03 AM »

Well, oddly enough, nearly 100% of wired Xbox 360 controllers have a manufacturing defect, where the joystick bays are SLIGHTLY too thick. With joysticks, as you probably know, most games will rely on how far the sticks are pushed to one side. So if you gently push the stick forward, you'll walk ever so slowly, but once it's pushed all the way to the edge of the joystick bays, your aim/ character/ whatever will travel as fast as the game allows. This extra thickness causes the actual joystick to stop RIGHT before ramping up to it's 100% speed increase. It's so slight, that it doesn't happen every single time, but when it does, you'll notice it for sure (if you're looking for it).

It's most noticeable in FPS's when you know someone is right around you, and when you go to turn to look at them, your screen turns slower than you feel it does normally. The way to fix this is pretty easy. Just disassemble your wired controller, and with a pair of scissors or an X-acto blade, shave off a bit of the inner joystick bay. You'll want to shave the inner bay about 5-10 times, meaning 5-10 full rotations of the blade (helps to start in the same spot to keep track). Once that's done, just sand down the edges to make it smooth, put it back together, and you'll have a no-slow turn wired controller.

There is a XBLA indie game that you can buy for $1 that will tell you how fast your controller is ramping up for 100% speed. When I tested this wired controller, sure enough, it was only hitting 70-80% in some spots. After this treatment, the controller reaches 100% in all directions with ease.

To be honest though, this isn't something that NEEDS to be done to all controllers. I figured if I was going through the trouble of paining it, I might as well shave down those bays and make it a no slow turn controller as well, especially since LAN tournaments only allow wired controllers. Also, sites that do custom controllers will charge $20+ to do this for you, which is insane since it's so easy to do yourself.

Anyway, glad you like the controller ;)

p.s.

I forgot to mention that the color scheme and logo on the back are both destiny themed. More specifically, it's theme is based off of the Cabal.

I REALLY hope that the cabal logo doesn't turn out to be that Universe's KKK or something equally horrific! I'm pretty sure the Cabal is an enemy (not 100% sure), but please, PLEASE don't let that logo mean something awful!! x.x!!

Mahdi

• Founder of SIP
  • Fear is the mind killer
    • Frakjoy
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 7
    • Founder
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 11:53:14 PM »

Really nice controllers
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 26 queries.