• May 22, 2018, 11:15:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Endure's a bitch!

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: Prev 1 [2]

Author Topic: Reaper's try at a destiny cosplay  (Read 1520 times)

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
Re: Reaper's try at a destiny cosplay
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2015, 10:19:13 PM »

I have it printed out too, I just cant grasp my head around building it. im not good with 3-d objects out of paper. also I feel your pain when it comes to year 1 aesthetics, I LOVED my kellbreaker and deathsinger, I WAS A FREAKIN MERMAID WITH GLOWHO.

ahem, back onto the topic, im making he kellbreaker because 1. it seemed like an easy one, 2. I liked it cuz it was different than the rest, 3. who doesn't want a majestic red trenchcoat?

Overall I think the Iron Regalia was my favorite combined with Obsidian Mind. Deathsinger's Mantle looked really cool with the Cowl of the Hezen Lords. I generally stuck with the Iron Regalia gloves. Miss those as well.  Kellbreaker wasn't bad.Never was too fond of the Glowhoo, though. Prefer something in black and/or blue.

ReapersKnock

• Lance Corporal
  • i like killing things, and long walks on the beach
    • ReapersKnock
    • ReapersKnock
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2015, 10:21:53 PM »

I have it printed out too, I just cant grasp my head around building it. im not good with 3-d objects out of paper. also I feel your pain when it comes to year 1 aesthetics, I LOVED my kellbreaker and deathsinger, I WAS A FREAKIN MERMAID WITH GLOWHO.

ahem, back onto the topic, im making he kellbreaker because 1. it seemed like an easy one, 2. I liked it cuz it was different than the rest, 3. who doesn't want a majestic red trenchcoat?

Overall I think the Iron Regalia was my favorite combined with Obsidian Mind. Deathsinger's Mantle looked really cool with the Cowl of the Hezen Lords. I generally stuck with the Iron Regalia gloves. Miss those as well.  Kellbreaker wasn't bad.Never was too fond of the Glowhoo, though. Prefer something in black and/or blue.
I preferred cryptographer most of the time, red and gld really go good together on most outfits I made.

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 02:20:14 AM »

I really wish Superblack was a thing (or at least was finally released). I want an all-black (or at least predominantly black) Shader without Revanent's camo or Old Guard's tiger stripes.

Trying to think of some kind of advice to give you to help with the helmet. Not having actually built it myself I can't even offer pointers on certain areas that might prove tricky. If it's your first build I'd suggest using white glue (often referred to as Elmer's Glue or School Glue). My method is to squeeze out a small (maybe dime sized) amount into a plastic cap and dip a toothpick into it for spreading the glue evenly over the entire flap without dousing it. I try to have as many pieces in one "sequence" or overall portion cut and folded ahead of time so I can just zip right along with the glue one tab at a time. Also a pen (or the dull side of the cutting blade) and a straight edge will be your friends. You'll often want to "score" tabs and other fold lines to make them as straight and clean as possible. Just be careful not to score so deeply that it cuts through. Otherwise take it slow and just worry about one tab at a time. You always want to make sure to get that first "anchor" as perfectly straight and lined up as possible, as deviations can add up quickly, especially along long pieces.

ReapersKnock

• Lance Corporal
    • ReapersKnock
    • ReapersKnock
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 06:40:09 AM »

I really wish Superblack was a thing (or at least was finally released). I want an all-black (or at least predominantly black) Shader without Revanent's camo or Old Guard's tiger stripes.

Trying to think of some kind of advice to give you to help with the helmet. Not having actually built it myself I can't even offer pointers on certain areas that might prove tricky. If it's your first build I'd suggest using white glue (often referred to as Elmer's Glue or School Glue). My method is to squeeze out a small (maybe dime sized) amount into a plastic cap and dip a toothpick into it for spreading the glue evenly over the entire flap without dousing it. I try to have as many pieces in one "sequence" or overall portion cut and folded ahead of time so I can just zip right along with the glue one tab at a time. Also a pen (or the dull side of the cutting blade) and a straight edge will be your friends. You'll often want to "score" tabs and other fold lines to make them as straight and clean as possible. Just be careful not to score so deeply that it cuts through. Otherwise take it slow and just worry about one tab at a time. You always want to make sure to get that first "anchor" as perfectly straight and lined up as possible, as deviations can add up quickly, especially along long pieces.

ill keep all that in mind. thank you for the advice.

Deadly Chikadee

• Staff Sergeant
  • ...last one standing...
    • Deadly Chikadee
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
    • Forbidden Studios
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 04:44:26 PM »

That's some sound advice zaffy! I follow most of these tips while working on a ghost pepakura. If you need help with the rest of your build, feel free to fire me a PM, or keep responding in here. Who knows if others might take up the hobby  ;)

ReapersKnock

• Lance Corporal
    • ReapersKnock
    • ReapersKnock
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 05:44:27 PM »

thanks Chikadee.

I just had an AWESOME idea for a vestian dynasty prop. im going to Frankenstein a couple nerf guns into a simi-automatic sidearm.

also I just realized my pic is very ironic for this thread.

JR1203

• Spartan
  • I may have killed the last zombie...
    • JR1203
  • Awards: 8
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2015, 11:21:07 AM »

I dabble a good bit in Pepakura/ props. Currently trying to finish out a bondo stage on a stormtrooper helmet.

The assembly stage can be a daunting one, but just limit your self to one task per work session:
Cutting out all the pieces or a page at a time
Beginning folds (I have aid from needle nose tweezers)/ grouping parts
Gluing (I use LOCTITE SUPER GLUE GEL for controlled glue appliance)

For gluing, I usually have a old dull #2 pencil around to push together pieces or smear excess glue around for a tight fit (lets me keep my fingerprints too haha).

ReapersKnock

• Lance Corporal
    • ReapersKnock
    • ReapersKnock
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2015, 05:57:57 PM »

I dabble a good bit in Pepakura/ props. Currently trying to finish out a bondo stage on a stormtrooper helmet.

The assembly stage can be a daunting one, but just limit your self to one task per work session:
Cutting out all the pieces or a page at a time
Beginning folds (I have aid from needle nose tweezers)/ grouping parts
Gluing (I use LOCTITE SUPER GLUE GEL for controlled glue appliance)

For gluing, I usually have a old dull #2 pencil around to push together pieces or smear excess glue around for a tight fit (lets me keep my fingerprints too haha).

o0o tank yu for de advice.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 25 queries.