• December 15, 2017, 07:16:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

No betrayal booting here!

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Games with Gold for March 2017  (Read 560 times)

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 24
    • The Quest For 52
Games with Gold for March 2017
« on: February 22, 2017, 07:33:15 PM »

March is almost here and that means more free games. As usual, all Xbox One games are yours to keep with an active Gold membership while the 360 titles are yours even if you drop down to Silver. Both 360 titles are playable on Xbox One through backward compatibility.

Starting off the month on Xbox One is Layers of Fear. A horror mystery that focuses on the story of an insane painter. Becoming available on the 16th will be Evolve: Ultimate Edition. This is a 4v1 game where a team of four players with different abilities have to work together to hunt and kill a player controlled monster. While this does contain all DLC, be warned that the developers have dropped all support for the title. 

You take another drink as the canvas looms in front of you. A light flickers dimly in the corner. You’ve created countless pieces of art, but never anything like…this. Why haven’t you done this before? It seems so obvious in retrospect. Your friends, critics, business partners—soon, they’ll all see. But something’s still missing…You look up, startled. That melody… Was that a piano? It sounded just like her… But, no—that would be impossible. She’s gone. They’re all gone.Have to focus. How long has it taken to get to this point? Too long, but it doesn’t matter. There will be no more distractions. It’s almost finished. You can feel it. Your creation. Your Magnum Opus. Dare you help paint a true Masterpiece of Fear? Layers of Fear is a first-person psychedelic horror game with a heavy focus on story and exploration. Delve deep into the mind of an insane painter and discover the secret of his madness, as you walk through a vast and constantly changing Victorian-era mansion. Uncover the visions, fears and horrors that entwine the painter and finish the masterpiece he has strived so long to create. Features:•Psychedelic horror – A sense of insanity means each turn of the camera may completely change the look of your surroundings.•Original and classic art – Numerous pieces of original art and music flesh out the story and environment.•Story-focused exploration – Only through exploring the environment can you uncover the details of the painter’s dark and tragic past.•Victorian setting – Explore a game world inspired by masterpiece paintings, architecture and décor from the 19th century.

Winner Of The Prestigious “Game Of Show” Award At Both E3 2014 & Gamescom 2014Join The Hunt With The Deepest And Most Diverse Selection Of Hunters And Monsters To Choose From In The Most Complete 4V1 Hunting Experience Yet.With 20 Hunters, 5 Monsters, 16+ Maps, And 5 Game Modes To Play, No Two Hunts Will Ever Be The Same. It’S Survival Of The Fittest And Any Side Can Win. Choose Your Side.Includes: Evolve Main Game, The Monster Expansion Pack, Hunting Season 1, And Hunting Season 2. 4V1: Team up with 3 friends to hunt a powerful evolving beast or go it alone as the Monster.HUNTERS: Whether you play as Assault, Trapper, Medic or Support, every role is vital to Survival.MONSTERS: Play as BEHEMOTH, GORGON, GOLIATH, KRAKEN and WRAITH, all diversely savage. RANKED PLAY: Hunt 2.0 pits you against players of equal skill. Win and climb your way up to the top of your class.OFFLINE PLAY: Experience the thrill of the hunt offline.

On the 360 players will be treated to Borderlands 2 starting on the 1st. This is a loot collecting FPS with a very… unique story. Then on the 16th players can download Heavy Weapon. This game has you control a tank shooting at various things while only being able to move left and right on the screen.

A new era of shoot and loot is about to begin. Play as one of four new vault hunters facing off against a massive new world of creatures, psychos and the evil mastermind, Handsome Jack. Make new friends, arm them with a bazillion weapons and fight alongside them in 4 player co-op or split-screen on a relentless quest for revenge and redemption across the undiscovered and unpredictable living planet.

Single Player, Xbox Live Multiplayer 1-2, 5.1 Surround Sound, HD (High Definition). Sure, you can defend our way of life for free. For a while. But if you’re serious about liberty and committed to dealing out gigajoules of destructive power, there’s only one way to go. Buy Heavy Weapon now!

Read the full story

ATLNinjalo

• Everyone's friendly neighborhood fatman.
  • Spartan
  • Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
    • Bookface
Re: Games with Gold for March 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 08:31:35 AM »

Wasn't there word a few months back that Evolve was going free to play?

kungfuboy007

• Lance Corporal
  • Welp here I am
    • kungfuboy007
    • Barzul Knular
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 2
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 02:00:30 PM »

Wasn't there word a few months back that Evolve was going free to play?

Yeah. Guess this is what we get.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 06:42:47 PM »

The developers tested the free to play design on PC. It didn't go as well as they had hoped so they dropped the plan to bring it to console and completely quit support for the title. Here's the announcement.

ATLNinjalo

• Spartan
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • Bookface
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 07:55:47 AM »

Just noticed it says we get the Evolve:Ultimate Edition which supposedly includes all the DLC's I think. I can't say for certain because holy -blam!- this game had a ton of different DLC packages.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 03:14:38 PM »

Just noticed it says we get the Evolve:Ultimate Edition which supposedly includes all the DLC's I think. I can't say for certain because holy -blam!- this game had a ton of different DLC packages.

It's in the first post.

Becoming available on the 16th will be Evolve: Ultimate Edition. This is a 4v1 game where a team of four players with different abilities have to work together to hunt and kill a player controlled monster. While this does contain all DLC, be warned that the developers have dropped all support for the title.

ATLNinjalo

• Spartan
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • Bookface
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 04:06:55 PM »

But that involves reading, and reading is hard. Especially when at work, or not at work when my mind shuts off altogether.

And it was more of a remark towards the whole that game had way too many special editions, expansion packs, season passes, etc. Back at launch every retailer had their own version, which had its own DLC packs. It took the Best Buy/Gamestop/Target/etc exclusive to a whole other level.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 04:09:13 PM by ATLNinjalo »

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 05:19:05 PM »

But that involves reading, and reading is hard. Especially when at work, or not at work when my mind shuts off altogether.

It may not have any of those retailer exclusives (I don't remember any of them), but it does include everything currently on the Xbox Store.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 07:01:37 PM »

Is anyone else having issues with Evolve? I can download all 20 items and it says I own it, but after I delete everything it won't show in ready to install and asks me to buy it again. I'm glad I don't have an interest in the game because it doesn't look like I can get it.

ATLNinjalo

• Spartan
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • Bookface
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 08:11:19 AM »

There were issues last night with digital games affecting just about everyone. Last night the only thing I could load was Destiny. I was even having issues loading FFXV and that's a disc based game for me.

oviate1

• Captain
  • They've gone the plaid!!
    • oviate1
  • Awards: 7
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 11:14:17 AM »

I lol'd way too much at this  ;D

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 02:14:38 PM »

There were issues last night with digital games affecting just about everyone. Last night the only thing I could load was Destiny. I was even having issues loading FFXV and that's a disc based game for me.

True, but I tried on the 16th and the 18th so it wasn't the service issues from last night.

MrSerrano1105

• Gunnery Sergeant
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 04:09:33 PM »

Yesterday, I was experiencing the same problem trying to play Mass Effect: Andromeda but in the end I did manage to play it. ;D
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 23 queries.