• September 24, 2018, 09:35:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Blades don't need reloading.

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Before there was Mythic, there was SLASO...  (Read 332 times)

AuraSoldier313

• Private
  • ~ That Mythic Guy ~
    • AuraSoldier313
  • Awards: 3
Before there was Mythic, there was SLASO...
« on: October 14, 2011, 04:52:12 AM »

Hello, I'm sure some of you will remember me: I was SIP's resident Mythic difficulty conqueror for Halo 3, ODST and Reach back on B.net. Now I won't go into length about my absence (basically Uni = little to no social life), but I've cooked up something new in my down time that I think some of you may find interesting.

I present Halo 2 Single Segment SLASO. Essentially, Mythic, just without the extra requirements such as scoring, saved games or films.

(All the runs will be made available on my new Youtube channel: here when they're completed.)

Halo 2 is famous for its rather evil difficulty, especially on Legendary, but when skulls are thrown in the mix, it's a whole other ball-game. So, SLASO = Solo Legendary All Skulls On, and Single Segment is a run through the level without dying and without editing to the clip itself. Basically, it's unforgivably difficult, hence why I'm doing it. You could also say it's like >:(| over and over again till you finally break through.

Before every attempt is made I need to collect all 15 skulls, a task made easier by having individual profiles set up for each skull in question, with checkpoints generally right near the skull itself. For IWHBYD, that profile inparticular has the infinite camo glitch active, so the fight is made considerably easier.

- Anger: Enemies & allies fire weapons faster and more frequently.
- Assassins: All enemies are permanently cloaked. They can only be rendered visible upon taking damage, or upon death.
- Black Eye: Your shields wont recharge normally. Instead they only recharge upon performing a melee kill (energy sword excluded) on an enemy, ally or destructible object.
- Blind: HUD is removed. Prompts for checkpoints, load zones, and weapon switches are still active.
- Catch: Enemies throw grenades more often. Enemies and Allies will also always drop 2 grenades of their kind on death.
- Envy: Grants the Master Chief with the Arbiter's active camouflage ability.
- Famine: All dropped weapons have half ammo. Pre-spawned weapons are unaffected.
- Ghost: AI characters do not flinch from attacks.
- Grunt Birthday Party: Headshots on any enemy or ally turn the shot into an plasma grenade explosion.
- IWHBYD: Rare dialogue is much more frequent, and common dialogue is unaffected.
- Iron: In co-op, if one player dies, both revert to the last checkpoint. No effect on single player.
- Mythic: Enemy health and shielding is doubled. Health/shield increase correlates to rank e.g. A minor elite will get a slight buff, whereas an Ultra will get a large buff.
- Sputnik: Gameplay physics are altered: object mass is lowered considerably, melees are strengthened, makes enemies spin 180 degrees. Slightly nullifies Ghost's effects (enemies are spun, but still do not flinch).
- That's Just... Wrong aka Armory skull: AI hearing and senses are strengthened considerably. Will react to slight audio cues much more often. AI accuracy increases considerably.
- Thunderstorm: Promotes the majority of enemies to their highest rank, excluding scripted enemies.

Upon the activation of all skulls, I get ready to capture my gameplay, and basically just go. There are easily 100+ fails for every successful run, so it takes a large portion of time to nail a run in the end.

So, that's what I've been up to as of late. Crazy? Yes. Fun? Mostly. Worth it? Definitely.

Completions list:

Cairo Station: Incomplete
Outskirts: Complete
Metropolis: Incomplete
The Arbiter: Incomplete
The Oracle: Incomplete
Delta Halo: Incomplete
Regret: Incomplete
Sacred Icon: Incomplete
Quarantine Zone: Incomplete
Gravemind: Incomplete
Uprising: Incomplete
High Charity: Incomplete
The Great Journey: Incomplete.

Next on my list: Uprising.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:54:47 AM by AuraSoldier313 »

BREQ

• Commander
  • Never trouble trouble
    • BREQ
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 7
Re: Before there was Mythic, there was SLASO...
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 06:15:44 AM »

Wow!! I think you're going to have a lot of ... >:(| >:(| >:(| ... moments.
  Good luck with this Aura.

...oh yeah!!
"basically Uni = little to no social life"
You got something seriously wrong there.
                                                      ;)

r c takedown

• Captain
  • Awards: 5
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 07:52:58 AM »

That was really impressive! Good luck with this Aura, Its going to be tough. You can do it!

JR1203

• Spartan
  • I may have killed the last zombie...
    • JR1203
  • Awards: 8
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 10:19:10 AM »

Damn that was a close ending!!!

Ham Sanwitch

• Master Sergeant
  • Probably your real dad.
    • Ham Sanwitch
    • Ham Sanwitch
  • Awards: 10
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 04:37:30 PM »

Balls.

For me, Halo 2's campaign was the most difficult.

Good luck!!!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 30 queries.