• May 23, 2018, 04:58:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

-198 to -199, great game!

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Firefight settings  (Read 662 times)

MathGuy42

• Captain
  • Frog blast the vent core!
    • MathGuy42
  • Awards: 7
Firefight settings
« on: October 20, 2011, 01:31:53 PM »

Yesterday, the settings for FF were announced for Solo Score Attack and 4 player FF. Basically, you play 2x Score Attack or FF Limited on any map, starting Friday at 12:01am PDT.

I signed up for Score Attack so I wouldn't have to worry about any scheduling issues. If trying for a high score, I suggest Beachhead. If you're lucky, you can get some Ultra Elite drop pods, a Wraith, and a Ghost all in one game.

Unfortunately the Reach Leaderboards don't seem to have the option to take you to your highest scoring game. Looks like my current high is 37,623. On my FL, ContactTango has the highest score at 40,958.

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
Re: Firefight settings
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 11:04:10 PM »

Game settings for Firefight Limited:

General
1 Set, 30 minutes
Hazards, Weapon Drops, Ammo Crates enabled
10 starting lives, 20 maximum extra lives
Standard traits (100% for everything)
Friendly Fire, Betrayal Booting disabled

Loadouts
1- Recon: DMR/AR/Sprint/2x Frag
2- Corpsman: DMR/Magnum/Evade/2x Frag
3- Specter: Grenade Launcher/Magnum/Camo/1x Frag
4- Medic: AR/Magnum/Drop Shield/2x Frag

Round 1
Tough Luck, IWHBYD
Wave 1: Jackal Patrol x 3
Main Waves: Elite Patrol, Skirmisher Patrol, Elite Infantry, Brute Patrol, Hunter Infantry
Wave 5: Elite Strike Team x 2, Brute Kill Team

Round 2
Tough Luck, Catch, IWHBYD
Main Waves: Elite Infantry, Brute Patrol, Elite Patrol, Brute Infantry, Hunter Kill Team
Wave 5: Brute Kill Team x 2, Elite Strike Team

Round 3
Tough Luck, Catch, Cloud, IWHBYD
Main Waves: Brute Patrol, Skirmisher Infantry, Elite Patrol, Brute Infantry, Hunter Strike Team
Wave 5: Elite Strike Team x 2, Brute Kill Team

Bonus Round
Tough Luck, Catch, Cloud, Tilt, Famine, Mythic, Black Eye, IWHBYD
Grunts x 3
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:38:13 AM by SlashingArbiter »

HellRazor1281

• Captain
  • Headshots and Hugs for everyone!
    • HellRazor1281
    • HellRazor1281
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 9
    • My band - Year of the Locust
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 12:15:08 PM »

I think it would behoove us to assign weapon loadouts strategically, or at least just have one person with the Medic loadout. 

As far as maps are concerned, I would say that Courtyard, Corvette and Beachhead are our best bets because they allow us to spawn kill very quickly.  They also provide the best angles to take down the grunts in the bonus round.  Beachhead also has the added points in vehicle drops, which for some reason don't count towards the enemy total.  The faster we get it done, the more points we'll get because we'll be getting big time multikills.  That's pretty much the name of the game, Overkills or better.  No more bonus points for weapon sprees, unless they eliminate that factor in Arcade and Score Attack which are the lists I usually play in FF. 

I'm totally psyched for this, TangoDown, thank you so much for sponsoring this!  BRIGADE ASSEMBLE!!!

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 12:26:26 PM »

I think there's a small bonus for a weapon spree, but the advantage is not worth sacrificing a life.

We'll score more points at higher killing sprees, so the name of the game is to stay alive. (Kills when you're on a Killing Spree have a 1.1x multiplier; on an Invincible it's a 1.6x multiplier). Multikills add 0.1x to the score multiplier for each kill (second kill in a killionaire has a 1.1x multiplier, fourth kill in a killionaire has a 1.3x multiplier, etc.) Kills with the Target Locator have a 0.6x multiplier.

I agree with going for Courtyard or Beachhead. Glacier could also work, because the ammo box near the turret is close to the major chokepoint for the Covenant as they approach the base. Weapon drops are also fixed, so we don't have to deal with the randomness of finding out where they're going to land or being killed by the drop itself (lol).

Trysten

• Lieutenant
  • Always have faith in your own abilities.
    • Trysten500
    • Trysten500
    • Trysten500
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 10
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 02:09:57 AM »

Weapon drops are also fixed, so we don't have to deal with the randomness of finding out where they're going to land or being killed by the drop itself (lol).
Somebody sounds like they have bad memories. ;D

MathGuy42

• Captain
  • Frog blast the vent core!
    • MathGuy42
  • Awards: 7
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 06:57:50 AM »

I just got very lucky and got a new personal high, 38,080, surprisingly on Corvette. A Wraith was dropped; I stuck it immediately and got Killimanjaro on the Wraith and nearby Elites, gaining over 6000 points with one grenade. I'm still only 9th on my Friends List, but I'm happy with the score.

Good luck with the 4 man Limited!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 31 queries.