• August 16, 2018, 09:50:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

SIP is hip!!!

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: Prev 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: Bad News Thread  (Read 14163 times)

swifttime

• Lance Corporal
  • The swift talks in third person because he can!!!
    • SIP swifttime
    • SIP swifttime
  • Awards: 1
Re: Bad News Thread
« Reply #375 on: August 03, 2016, 01:53:37 PM »

That sucks swifty.

It wasn't me.

I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE... okay maybe not but i have a gps lol.

MrSerrano1105

• Gunnery Sergeant
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
« Reply #376 on: July 13, 2018, 09:39:39 PM »

Don’t usually post personal things like this but I need some advice from the older folks in here. How do you get over a woman who meant the world to you and one day she’s gone and you only see a letter that says I’m sorry. I feel really miserable and not sure what to do. It’s been a week since this happened.

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 13, 2018, 11:16:23 PM »

Don’t usually post personal things like this but I need some advice from the older folks in here. How do you get over a woman who meant the world to you and one day she’s gone and you only see a letter that says I’m sorry. I feel really miserable and not sure what to do. It’s been a week since this happened.

On the one hand, there's the old saying about "if you love them let them go, and if it's meant to be they'll come back." But, I've dealt with so many yo-yos going back and forth and back and forth that I realized there is no universal truth that encompasses all relationships and all types of people. What I DO know is that there's absolutely no use in beating one's self up over someone who won't fight for the relationship, or in this case, won't even give YOU a chance to fight for it. Healthy people don't just disappear, not even from "the wrong person." So #1 thing to keep in mind is that it's not necessarily a reflection on you.

That being said, it's not necessarily a bad thing to take this time alone to get introspective. Instead of focusing on "losing" someone you thought was the best, focus on becoming the best you that you can possibly be. Do that, and if the next one doesn't stay then there's no reason to doubt that she simply wasn't the right one. 7.5 billion people in the world. By definition only one of them can be "the one." Don't let the odds convince you that you're doing something wrong.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 24
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #378 on: July 15, 2018, 03:19:50 AM »

^ What he said. I'm not in any position to give advice on something like that, but the above sounds good to me.

I'd also suggest finding a movie, show or YouTube series that makes you laugh. A couple minutes of something to lift your spirits can't be a bad thing.

MrSerrano1105

• Gunnery Sergeant
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 17, 2018, 05:18:18 PM »

Hey guys I really appreciate what you guys said it really means a lot. I’m not going to lie I feel sad but things happen for a reason. The only thing that’s been going through my mind is why just leave and not say anything but it is what it is. I still don’t know why she left  but I want her to happy even if it’s not with me.

@stig: I’ll be sure to do that or play some Xbox

Dark Infinity

• Suicide Grunt
  • Captain
  • ~Frag Out
    • Dark Infinity 1
    • Dark Infinity 1
  • Awards: 10
    • Dark Infinity Studios
« Reply #380 on: July 26, 2018, 02:48:08 PM »

Hey man, sorry to hear about that.

I don't know if there is one way to deal with something like this. Everyone's grieving process is different. Although I've not had something exactly like that but, my process usually involves, crying, questioning, more crying, then eventually distraction, video games, movies, like stig said comedies are good.

Another thing, exercise. Like the kind were you get completely sweaty and sore for three days. Some mumbo jumbo about endorphins or something like that, but it really does help.

Get your mind off of it for a while. Not much will really make it better, but it will help a little.

And friends. If you have some good friends willing to listen. Talk. Let it out. Nothing will destroy a person faster than bottling up emotions.... except maybe a well placed frag, but seriously, find someone willing to listen.

If you don't have someone around  find someone here. I am sure someone would be willing to listen, especially over a few rounds of halo or something.

MrSerrano1105

• Gunnery Sergeant
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 27, 2018, 12:53:17 AM »

Hey man

My process was pretty much like you explained, I know it’s going to be a while until I get over her.

My family is opening a second store and I’ve been helping my father with moving, painting and etc. It’s been a good distraction so far. Keeps my mind busy

Lost contact with all my friends and well some people in here gave me some advice so it helped, the other person I rely on is my sister.

I really appreciate the response Dark!
Pages: Prev 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 31 queries.