• April 23, 2019, 08:00:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Home of the Highwaymen.

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: Prev 1 ... 2615 2616 [2617] 2618 Next

Author Topic: spamCHAT  (Read 667237 times)

jat666

• Lieutenant
  • ...where'd I park my mongoose?
    • jat666
    • jat666
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
Re: spamCHAT
« Reply #39240 on: March 23, 2019, 05:47:22 AM »

Figured with the MCC coming to PC its been far too long since I popped by to say hi ;)

JR1203

• Spartan
  • I may have killed the last zombie...
    • JR1203
  • Awards: 12
« Reply #39241 on: March 23, 2019, 09:00:11 AM »

Figured with the MCC coming to PC its been far too long since I popped by to say hi ;)

Well, hello there Highwayman.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 25
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #39242 on: March 23, 2019, 04:23:06 PM »

Hey, Jat! Your mongoose is right where you left it. I didn't touch it. Nope, not me.  ;D

jat666

• Lieutenant
  • ...where'd I park my mongoose?
    • jat666
    • jat666
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #39243 on: March 23, 2019, 10:11:36 PM »

Don't worry I'd trust you to treat Frederick right ;D

dowders

• Sergeant
  • Always actin up
    • dowders
    • dowders
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #39244 on: March 29, 2019, 11:14:35 AM »

Borderlands is BACK;

MrSerrano1105

• Alright, alright, alright!
  • Gunnery Sergeant
  • Drifter's Crew
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
« Reply #39245 on: March 29, 2019, 11:29:45 AM »

really looking forward to that!  8)

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #39246 on: March 30, 2019, 11:41:13 AM »

I've only just played Borderlands 1 so far, and I didn't enjoy it too much. I felt that it started off strong but the rest of the base game felt so tedious to slog through, and the ending was beyond disappointing. I enjoyed what the DLCs did though, because they actually felt funny and weren't as tedious (but still tedious). I heard the sequels were much better, so I'm looking forward to starting 2.

dowders

• Sergeant
  • Always actin up
    • dowders
    • dowders
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #39247 on: March 30, 2019, 01:49:52 PM »

Borderlands 1 was a slog, it was more like a tech demo than a fully polished game and the end boss was really underwhelming. B2 is an unreal amount better. It's way more polished, dialogue is better, mechanics are clearer and you finally get a bloody map. Plus the boss variety and progression is fab. It never felt like a chore to play for me, even when trying to grind for legendaries. DLCs for it were also brilliant, especially the assault on dragon keep (which is the final one but play them in order!)
Pre-Sequel was meh. Better than B1, but it doesn't feel nearly as slick as B2. I can forgive some of it because it was trying new things, but after a while the moon lower grav thing just feels like a way to slow the game down and make it bigger than it actually is, and the bosses don't quite have the same punch as B2.

ROK198

• Lieutenant
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #39248 on: March 31, 2019, 04:07:33 PM »

That's pretty much what I've been hearing, and looking forward to finally coming around to that this summer.

In other news, one of these blue guys seems kind of familiar to me, but I can't really place it.

Please disregard my lackluster performance.

MrSerrano1105

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Drifter's Crew
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #39249 on: April 04, 2019, 11:50:27 AM »

I never got to play the first Borderlands now that Borderlands GOTYE is here and it's $30 is it worth it?

I liked Borderlands 2/Pre-Sequel and really looking forward to Borderlands 3

ROK198

• Lieutenant
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #39250 on: April 04, 2019, 09:30:56 PM »

Elaborating on my opinion above, I've only played the first one so far and have no experience with the others yet. With that, I felt that the game starts of fun but becomes very tedious after you beat the second boss. The story also isn't very good, with a lot of the game feeling very dry when all you're really doing is moving forward and then backtracking, which can get annoying when your vehicle is extremely prone to getting stuck after a crash.

I think the DLC did a lot to improve on story and making the atmosphere more enjoyable, in part because the jokes got better, and you got to hear them much more frequently, rather than how sparse any speech was in the base game. It doesn't change up the gameplay loop much and because of that I still couldn't play too long before getting bored, There's also that annoying fact that DLC fast travel points relocked after quitting the game, making it tedious to make progress in the expansions if you didn't do them in long sittings.

All in all, it's not a bad game, but I would not recommend it as a single player experience. I don't think the GOTY editions quality of life changes would do too much to make me change my mind, at least.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 09:33:43 PM by ROK198 »

dowders

• Sergeant
  • Always actin up
    • dowders
    • dowders
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #39251 on: April 05, 2019, 05:25:42 PM »

Yeah I think BL2 might fix a lot of your gripes in my opinion. The writing is definitely better and the bosses too. It's a more varied, colourful world instead of shades of brown. Pre-Sequel the writing takes a minor backstep and I found myself engaging with the characters/villain less but it's still worth a playthrough. If you fancy trying either, I'll be happy to jump on to help you through.

Also they've just started a VIP type thing for any fan of the games. From an initial looksee, it seems to work in a similar vein to MS rewards; https://borderlands.com/en-US/vip/?_cts_=ZQPuDpj3

MrSerrano1105

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Drifter's Crew
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #39252 on: April 06, 2019, 11:48:39 AM »

Thanks for the Info guys good to know.  8)

@Dowders: Yeah I would be down when I get it.

ROK198

• Lieutenant
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #39253 on: April 13, 2019, 01:22:18 PM »

Xbox Spring Sale is up. If you've got anything you want on there, now's a good time to grab it.

I recommend getting the Killer Instinct Definitive Edition if anybody is mildly interested in fighting games. I just started playing it recently, after playing it for a few minutes and getting destroyed a few years ago when I had not idea what I was doing. It's so much fun and so hype once you start getting the hang of it. And it's $10 right now for all three games, and all the season passes for the most recent one, which is a steal.

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #39254 on: April 13, 2019, 07:17:42 PM »

I'm not even into Fighters and found KI very entertaining. Pretty interesting combat system.

Nothing much is grabbing my attention this spring sale.  Only one I am considering is Shadow of War, possibly deluxe? Anyone play the DLC and can recommend it?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 07:19:34 PM by Seth »
Pages: Prev 1 ... 2615 2616 [2617] 2618 Next

Page created in 0.307 seconds with 31 queries.