• July 21, 2018, 07:01:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Did anyone feed SteamyPeach?

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [Guide] How to get a 50 in Halo 3  (Read 701 times)

SovietBeatle

• Major
  • No I'm not Russian
    • SovietBeatle
    • SovietBeatle
  • Awards: 7
[Guide] How to get a 50 in Halo 3
« on: July 06, 2011, 01:40:29 AM »

*Original content written by Kage24neko.

Hello, I'd like to explain a bit about what it takes to get a 50. I see a lot of people talk like "I have a 40 in TS, anyone want to play with me so we can get our 50's?"

That isn't how it works.

First of all to get to 50 you have to play like a 50. If you haven't been able to get to 45, you will not be getting a legit 50 anytime soon. You would need to play a lot more, learn more and practice.

Let's say you are a 45+ and feel like you are good enough to get to 50. Here are some things you will need in order to get over that final hurdle. All my advice is aimed toward Team Slayer, it is what I'm best at. I know some people prefer Doubles, but not me, I cannot stand dubs and rarely play it.

Don't play Slayer alone. You need a team. Sure you can get to 45+ alone, hell some people even make it to 50, but that is rare, difficult, and likely takes a bit of luck too.

Know that your team will need to go on multiple 10+ game winning streaks, depending on how many losses that account has accumulated in the playlist. The more losses accumulated, the harder it will be and the longer the winning streaks will have to be.

My friend DrkRhinoc was a brig grade 2 when him and I got his 50. It took tons of games but it can be done.

You need to veto all Default Team Slayer games for Team BR's regardless of map.

Communication
Communication is key. Your team needs an open, real-time, dialogue running throughout every game. When you see someone at top mid, you need to call it out the split second you see them as you start BRing them. Callout every single enemy position as you see them.

When you hear your teammates callouts, turn to where they called and start shooting immediately (unless you're in the middle of a BR fight or something.) Don't know a callout? Make something up. Describe the area as best as possible. "grav lift spawn," "MLG snipe spawn," or "bruteshot spawn." Whatever works.

Communication is about talking AND listening.

Stay calm. Remain positive.

Do not yell at your teammates. The bad vibes are a team killer. I mute people the second they start yelling, even if they are my teammates. Do not complain. Once again, complaining about lag, hit registration or any other wtf moments are interrupting the flow of information about enemy positions/ powerup spawns and/ or power weapon locations. You get mad, you play bad.

Strategize on-the-fly. If you're at longhall on The Pit and your teammate is at greenbox and you know an enemy is at their side green box say "Teammate, go through greenbox and I'll go longhall NOW." You both go, surprise the enemy, team BR and get kills.

If your mate is in a 1v1, tell him to pull back and you replace him to get the kill. It's called switching and works great in maps like Construct. When you switch try to shield him from the fire so he can get away without dying.

Time powerup/weapon spawns. Learn all the times for powerup and weapon spawns for all the maps. Watch the timer and when a powerup/weapon is about to spawn you need to control that portion of the map so you can get it.

It's good to have one guy on the team watching the timer and calling out the powerups. I've developed a feel for when stuff spawns. On the pit when you see the fusion coils spawn, you know camo is up and rockets are soon to follow.

Team Chemistry
Chemistry is a big part of a TS team. You need to get along with your teammates in addition to playing well with them. It isn't always as easy as get 4 random Generals on a team and win. There are few people that I play really really well with.

When you do play well enough with someone you can be confident enough to play as only a team of 2 and be confident enough to carry your 2 randoms. That's how I got my first 50. Individual skill, while important, is not as necessary as having a strong team.

I've played with some amazing players on teams that couldn't win consistently.

Likewise, I'll play with someone who isn't as strong an individual player if we work well together and have good chemistry. But don't think you can simply get carried to 50 calling yourself the 'objective player' or whatever. All teams need their bases covered. You will need very strong BRs and teamwork.

Aim
You need good aim to get to 50. You need to be able to consistently 5 shot people in 1v1 fights. If you have a very strong team, having a super awesome BR won't matter as much, but it never hurts. You need to know how to lead your shots. You need a good strafe. Mine is usually right-left-right-left jump, or something similar.

Sometimes I'll do it faster, sometimes I'll stutter step, sometimes I'll jump sooner, sometimes i'll even crouch, and sometimes I'll lead with a jump (going around a corner). Basically, you need to be able to juke while holding your aim.

Grenade aim is important. Learn to throw good grenades, learn to bounce good grenades and most importantly, do your best to NOT NADE YOUR TEAMMATES. I always see people throwing countless grenades almost subconsciously. Be aware of where you are throwing nades. Do not nade a room your teammate has just entered.

Sniper
The sniper rifle is a luxury weapon. It is much more difficult to use effectively than a BR. You do not need to be good at all with the Sniper to get a 50. I've known people to never pick up a Sniper all the way to 50. Oftentimes if the person who is sniping isn't good enough with it, he becomes a liability to the team. Strong BR's are the most important thing for your team. Once you have that covered, then you can decide who gets the Sniper.

When you have a sniper up, that person should be the nucleus of the team, the ultimate support player. The sniper needs to watch your mates' backs. If he's on your snipe tower on The Pit, your team should stay on your side so he can assist any of the teammates. If your team wants to push, make sure the sniper gets into position in sword room or training or even shotgun/longhall.

When your teammates are in a BR fight do them a favor and put a body shot on the guy for the kill. THe second you see an enemy, call it out and shoot them anywhere. Your teammates should BR that guy at the same time for the instant kill. Headshots are nice, but the faster you can get a shot on the enemy the better.

Strategy/setup
For each map you need a setup strategy. You need to know who is rushing what power weapon and each person needs to be good at his/her role.

For the longest time, on The Pit, I was the camo guy. At the start of the game, I shot the fusion coils, made the jump to green box, bouced a couple nades off the camo hall walls toward their fusion coils, and went for camo.

This worked flawlessly probably 70% of the time. Of course good teams would have someone doing the same thing which would result in a BR fight. After I grab camo I would either try to get Rockets if our rocket guy died, or if we had rockets, I'd go after their sniper. The point is, you need to know your role and play it well.

Usually you figure out what works best after countless games played and strats tried. If someone does something you've never seen before and it worked, try it out, see how it goes.

Spawns
Learn where the spawns are for each map. There is usually about 4 main spawn locations your enemy will spawn. Generally the enemy will spawn at the furthest spawn location from your teammates. Predict the enemy spawn. When you grab control of the map, kill 3 players or something and your team is on their side of the map, you need to predict where they will spawn and focus on that area.

This is how you keep a team down for the count. If you have 3 guys on longhall, green box and plat (on The Pit) the enemy will likely spawn at bottom sniper/courtyard or sword room. Call that out, "they will probably spawn courtyard or sword" and your team should react accordingly.

Practice
If you are really serious about getting better, you may want to have a couple accounts. One you don't care about, and one as your main.

Play tons and tons of games on teh account you don't care about for practice. If you are getting a new teammate you haven't played with before, try him out on your crap account. Only play on your main account when you are confident in your chances to win consistently.

Warm up with a BR workout custom. The best I've found is a 1v1 slayer varient with shield vampirism set to 100%. This way when you hit shots you regain shields as well as drop their shields. Toss a grenade and when it goes off both players start BRing. No nades, no melees.

Continue shooting until someone dies. You should be reloading at the same time. Learn to strafe well, learn to hit ALL of your shots, learn to jump well and keep your aim the entire time. Do this a couple of times to 15 to warmup everyday. Do this for a while (weeks) and your BR WILL improve.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 04:16:07 AM by SovietBeatle »

Enigmas Shadow

• GT: ThorsBaldEagle
  • Lieutenant
  • Lurker Level: Ninja
    • ThorsBaldEagle
    • ThorsBaldEagle
  • Awards: 13
Re: [Guide] How to get a 50 in Halo 3
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 10:26:25 AM »

Nice guide!!

Ahh 50's....the good ol' days.  ;)

wrcfan

• BulletEponge
  • Master Sergeant
  • I've got your wort wort wort right here
    • wrcfan
    • wrcfan
  • Awards: 10
    • The Vintages Days
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 02:07:48 AM »

Nice guide!!
Ahh 50's....the good ol' days.  ;)
Ah 13's....the good ol' days. ;)

Galactic Pixel

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Hey buddy, it's been a while...
    • MrSnuggleupagus
    • MrSnuggleupagus
  • Awards: 3
    • Galactic Pixel, Pixelated Studios (in the making)
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 09:57:55 PM »

Great job Soviet!

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
  • Awards: 5
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 02:01:25 AM »

I got my 50 on lone wolves since almost every match is on guardian which is easy to master

aDrunkBaconGod

• Helljumper Cosmic Avenger
  • Captain
  • Keep Calm and Reap On
    • aDrunkBaconGod
    • aDrunkBaconGod
  • Awards: 12
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 06:10:35 PM »

I gave up on trying to go for a 50, mainly because of the ranking system. I never have a clue about how much experince I'm getting for the games I done, but doesn't matter now lol.

Good ole' days on Halo 3 :), couldn't beat them :D
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 30 queries.