• December 11, 2018, 02:22:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

SIP never misses.

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dead Space 1&2 Discussion and tactics guide  (Read 705 times)

Dan Spartan Wolf

• Corporal
  • Victim of the Death Star
    • Boyscoutdan1234
Dead Space 1&2 Discussion and tactics guide
« on: July 07, 2011, 10:08:01 AM »

Ok so I built this yesterday on Bungie but it got locked because, of the fact we decided to change over and well. Hello Everyone! In this forum I strongly suggest not posting many spoilers for those just reading but tell your best scares  best tactics or whatever you guys want to talk about involving Dead Space 1 or 2 well  guys have fun

Enigmas Shadow

• GT: ThorsBaldEagle
  • Lieutenant
  • Lurker Level: Ninja
    • ThorsBaldEagle
    • ThorsBaldEagle
  • Awards: 13
Re: Dead Space 1&2 Discussion and tactics guide
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 10:24:08 AM »

it kind of depends on the difficulty you're playing on. The easier difficulties you can simply rely on going gun happy and not have to worry too much, on the harder difficulties however, weapon choice and use of kinesis and stasis are much more important with always shooting for limbs and/or yellow "infected" spots as the most important thing to remember.

Basic tactics of not backing into a corner as the enemies tend to appear from the vents in the walls and ceilings are important to remember.

Upgrade your suit and plasma cutter first before going for other weapons.

I did make a thread back on the other forum. But it didn't get a lot of usage as the demand wasn't that high, there are a couple of other members who have played who could add some points, or i can copy/paste them into a reply here.

If you are going to post spoilers, please insert a **spoiler** note before, as to not spoil the story for anyone who is still in the process of a "first play".

Personally, i hope they do a third one.

Dan Spartan Wolf

• Corporal
    • Boyscoutdan1234
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 10:28:59 AM »

Well I'm actually going to go buy one today

Enigmas Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • ThorsBaldEagle
    • ThorsBaldEagle
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 11:56:41 AM »

which one? its definitely better to start with the first one, as it'll give you a better covering of the story. (IMO).

If you do have any questions or anything, ask away!

Dan Spartan Wolf

• Corporal
    • Boyscoutdan1234
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 12:38:45 PM »

What difficulty should I run it on the first time

Enigmas Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • ThorsBaldEagle
    • ThorsBaldEagle
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 04:17:05 PM »

What difficulty is totally up to you, it Mainly depends on what you're comfortable with. If you've never played a survival horror type of game before I'd suggest starting on normal, if you like a challenge from the start then maybe move up a notch. Once you beat the game you can start a new playthrough on a harder difficulty with all your weapons, ammo and suit from the previous play.

Difficulty wise the first game is easier compared to DS2, there are no save restrictions and the ability to carry over items is a real help. On mine I started on hard (zealot) then moved onto the hardest (hardcore) as a second playthrough. On the hardest setting on DS2 you only get 3 saves for the entire game so you really have to plan ahead, (thankfully) you can't do that straight away as you have to complete the game before that unlocks.

Overall they're both very enjoyable with a great storyline, for a better feel, wait till dark, turn off the lights, draw the curtains, and turn the volume up!! The atmosphere is really amplified!

JR1203

• Spartan
  • I may have killed the last zombie...
    • JR1203
  • Awards: 8
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 08:38:17 PM »

On the hardest setting on DS2 you only get 3 saves for the entire game so you really have to plan ahead, (thankfully) you can't do that straight away as you have to complete the game before that unlocks.
Really? Does this add to the 'survival' aspect or make the game annoying?

Enigmas Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • ThorsBaldEagle
    • ThorsBaldEagle
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 05:21:14 AM »

On the hardest setting on DS2 you only get 3 saves for the entire game so you really have to plan ahead, (thankfully) you can't do that straight away as you have to complete the game before that unlocks.
Really? Does this add to the 'survival' aspect or make the game annoying?

Yes, really! The difficulty hasn't increased from zealot difficulty but the limited saves means you really have to plan ahead and think hard on what you purchase from the stores and in what order. It adds an extra level of strategy and can be extremely frustrating when you die and lose hours of playtime. U really want to be doing the first disk without saving at all, and keeping them for extremely tricky bits.

**DS2 spoiler**

For the hardcore playthrough you really want to get the first disk completed without saving. Two of the three  saves you should use in specific places, one in chapter 10/11 where u fight two brutes and a horde of necros, and the other being at the end of the last chapter before the boss. How u use the third save is up to you. Probably use it in one of the later chapters just before the three tiered room where u have to fight a tonne of necros before hacking a panel and fighting a brute. In any case, dying will mean you lose a lot of playtime. I've tried it once and got to chapter 7 before making a stupid mistake, haven't had the time to try since.

**End spoiler**

aDrunkBaconGod

• Helljumper Cosmic Avenger
  • Captain
  • Keep Calm and Reap On
    • aDrunkBaconGod
    • aDrunkBaconGod
  • Awards: 12
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 11:41:37 AM »

Also if you beat Hardcore difficulty, you unlock the Hand Cannon afterwards that you can use in new game+. Its best to do hardcore first to unlock it, then go straight into zealot with the hand canoon. Trust me, you'll have a blast with it :D lol
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 30 queries.