• December 11, 2018, 02:17:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Who didn't pay the electric bill?

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Next Xbox announcement May 21st @10am Pacific  (Read 3947 times)

DisguisedBandit

• Captain
  • Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff.
    • DisguisedBandit
  • Awards: 6
Re: Next Xbox announcement May 21st @10am Pacific
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2013, 10:21:35 AM »

I'm definitely interested. Sure, they didn't show the same gameplay stuff that Sony did, but remember that Sony announced the PS4 on February 20th. If they were going to keep people interested, they had to show some games. Because this reveal is just weeks from E3, MS can stand to hold off on the games news and allot more time to the new features of the system. I pretty much shut my brain off for the ESPN and EA sports sections, but the rest of it looked solid and MS definitely has my attention. I think, out of everything, I'm looking forward to these 8, brand new IPs that they're going to be showing at E3.

MathGuy42

• Captain
  • Frog blast the vent core!
    • MathGuy42
  • Awards: 7
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2013, 11:32:40 AM »

I was excited at first about the TV feed since I expected the presenters to say the Xbox One was also a TV DVR. But they only mentioned DVR'ing game play. I'm guessing the Xbox One won't record TV since that probably would have been touted. I'd be much more interested in Xbox One if I could use it to replace my Tivo. As it is, I might wait for Halo 5 and hope for a price decrease by then.

SnakeDoctor214

• Captain
  • [Insert witty comment here]
    • SnakeDoctor214
  • Awards: 13
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2013, 12:29:44 PM »

The issue I have with kinect is that it's always listening, even when the Xbox One is off.  I read that you'll be able to say "Xbox on" and it will turn on.  That's some big brother crap right there.  Hopefully you can disable that, but still keep it plugged in as required.

I'll probably get it, but not at launch.  I doubt we'll see a price decrease or sale until the following holiday season so I'll probably get it in 2014... Maybe.

R MK XXV

• Spartan
    • R MK XXV
    • R MK XXV
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2013, 01:04:10 PM »

The issue I have with kinect is that it's always listening, even when the Xbox One is off.  I read that you'll be able to say "Xbox on" and it will turn on.  That's some big brother crap right there.  Hopefully you can disable that, but still keep it plugged in as required.

I'll probably get it, but not at launch.  I doubt we'll see a price decrease or sale until the following holiday season so I'll probably get it in 2014... Maybe.

Totally agree on both statements. 

I usually don't buy gaming systems until the price drops down.  I didn't get a 360 until 2K9 because of price. 

Darkened Night

• The Try-Hard
  • Lance Corporal
    • Darkened Night
    • Darkened Night
  • Awards: 5
    • HaloTracker
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2013, 01:47:41 PM »

While Microsoft has stated that the Kinect will become an integral part of the new Xbox experience, it's more than likely that they will enable a feature that disables certain voice commands through Kinect. It would be impractical to have a discussion about television in the midst of a Halo game as the Kinect may interpret and switch over to the alternate OS. This being said, it would be also silly to not be given the option to disable commands for areas that generate more noise and could accidentally cause random selections to occur.

Not to mention that the Kinect will never function as they say it will. Full wrist support seems a bit unlikely, at the level of precision they claimed.

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2013, 02:12:59 PM »

While Microsoft has stated that the Kinect will become an integral part of the new Xbox experience, it's more than likely that they will enable a feature that disables certain voice commands through Kinect. It would be impractical to have a discussion about television in the midst of a Halo game as the Kinect may interpret and switch over to the alternate OS. This being said, it would be also silly to not be given the option to disable commands for areas that generate more noise and could accidentally cause random selections to occur.
Speaking of random commands, I read that some people watching the stream on their Xboxes were sent back to the dashboard because their Kinect units heard "Xbox go home" and did exactly that.

ATLNinjalo

• Everyone's friendly neighborhood fatman.
  • Spartan
  • Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
    • Bookface
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2013, 02:28:35 PM »

Or my kids favorite thing to do, yell things when i am playing a game. Nothing like playing on an insanity run in mass effect 3 for my kid to yell out grenade when I am behind cover, or doing the same in halo:cea

SnakeDoctor214

• Captain
  • [Insert witty comment here]
    • SnakeDoctor214
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2013, 02:47:29 PM »

Not to mention that the Kinect will never function as they say it will. Full wrist support seems a bit unlikely, at the level of precision they claimed.
Just because the features are disabled, it doesn't mean it's not "listening."  The Xbox just won't respond to what you say.  Set aside the fact that MS and anyone it contracts out to can have an in home look at consumerism with a huge creep factor, but you're also opening up your home to serious hacks and major privacy issues from outside forces.

Enigmas Shadow

• GT: ThorsBaldEagle
  • Lieutenant
  • Lurker Level: Ninja
    • ThorsBaldEagle
    • ThorsBaldEagle
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2013, 03:06:09 PM »

IF i get the new console i'm pluggin' up the camera and speaker ports with clay. Never been bothered about connect in the past, and in a way resent that its going to be forced down my throat.

R MK XXV

• Spartan
    • R MK XXV
    • R MK XXV
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2013, 12:56:36 PM »

???

:o

badad117

• Captain
  • Awards: 1
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2013, 01:32:03 PM »

That's hilarious!!!!!!  ROFL. 

But most of the "youngsters" won't get it.  Sucks gettin' old.

R MK XXV

• Spartan
    • R MK XXV
    • R MK XXV
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2013, 07:29:07 PM »

One more just cause I like it.

Enigmas Shadow

• GT: ThorsBaldEagle
  • Lieutenant
  • Lurker Level: Ninja
    • ThorsBaldEagle
    • ThorsBaldEagle
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2013, 03:43:26 PM »

Love that film (uncut version is better - "what's in the box?"). Shame its all true.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 30 queries.