Spartan I Project
  • April 26, 2018, 10:55:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Snipers may wear diapers but we get all the ladies!

Pages: Prev 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gameplay Reveal of Destiny  (Read 2796 times)

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
  • Awards: 5
Re: Gameplay Reveal of Destiny
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 10:09:26 PM »

The demo was played using PS4s at E3. There weren't many of those so player counts were limited. Most likely it will use something where there are strict group co-op zones for those more story based sequences but then there will be a huge world to explore with everybody else on a server.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 24
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 10:38:36 PM »

@Poke
I don't know why but that footage really bothered me. I mean, I understand having to script something...but when you have to use the same script between mutliple people, it loses its touch fast. I knew everything he was going to say before he said it, and it bothered me. We already saw all of the stuff. "Oooohh, thunderlord." YA WE KNOW! Could have at least given a more in depth walkthrough of the footage.

*grumpy pants off*
Well great, now I'm naked.
You really don't need to see the whole video, just the first five minutes or so. If you noticed, instead of heading straight for the building like the demo at Sony's conference, he turned around and showed the playable area behind the starting point. That was the reason I linked it. Of course, I'm sure this demo is a revolving door with multiple groups per day coming in to watch it. The script is going to get stale for people that have seen it, but most of the people in the room haven't.

I remember Bungie saying before that Destiny is not an MMO. Maybe that changed more recently and I didn't see it, but either way there is much more to it than one gameplay demo can show. Bungie day should have something, hopefully.

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 10:43:19 PM »

Oh no I know why you linked the footage. I did find that tidbit amazing. I just wish the rest of the video was like that. Same jokes delivered with less confidence behind the cheese :P

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2013, 11:59:58 PM »

I remember Bungie saying before that Destiny is not an MMO. Maybe that changed more recently and I didn't see it, but either way there is much more to it than one gameplay demo can show. Bungie day should have something, hopefully.
I specifically remember after Reach's release that there was a Bnet article that said that Bungie's next game was going to be an MMO and now we have Destiny. With public events and multiple fireteams at an event it has to be an MMO from the size and scale.

I also doubt Bungie Day would give us news. Bungie said that Bungie Day was a day not to expect news.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 24
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 12:28:27 PM »

I specifically remember after Reach's release that there was a Bnet article that said that Bungie's next game was going to be an MMO and now we have Destiny. With public events and multiple fireteams at an event it has to be an MMO from the size and scale.

I also doubt Bungie Day would give us news. Bungie said that Bungie Day was a day not to expect news.

From the Destiny Wikipedia page.

Bungie has emphasized that the universe of Destiny will be "alive". Events may happen in-game that are not necessarily controlled or planned by the developer, which will help to create a dynamic developing experience for Bungie and a dynamic playing experience for gamers. The game's style has been described as an always-online first-person shooter that will incorporate massively multiplayer online game (MMO) elements, but Bungie has avoided defining Destiny as being in-kind with traditional MMO games. Instead, the game has been referred to as a "shared-world shooter," [10] as it lacks many of the characteristics of a traditional MMO game. For instance, rather than players being able to see and interact with all other players in the game or on a particular server—as is the case in many conventional MMO games—Destiny will include on-the-fly matchmaking that will allow players to see and interact only with other players with whom they are "matched" by the game.

Shared-world shooter is what I thought it was, but needed to find a source before I posted. The Gameinformer issue that featured Destiny says the same thing as well.

I thought they said not to expect news on Bungie day after Reach launched? Last year they unveiled the factions on Bungie day so I'm still expecting something, no matter how small it is.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 30 queries.