• July 20, 2018, 11:42:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Reminds me of my childhood.

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SIPWU 8.2.13  (Read 1261 times)

SovietBeatle

• Major
  • No I'm not Russian
    • SovietBeatle
    • SovietBeatle
  • Awards: 7
SIPWU 8.2.13
« on: August 02, 2013, 03:58:27 PM »

What’s up SIP? I’m back from the boonies and ready to get my update on. Thanks to ROK for covering while I was gone. Not only did he manage to get the updates out, he managed to post them early…Which is something I haven’t done in a long time lol.

My excuse: Since E3 (perfect timing right?) my laptop has been suffering from this weird blue screen that would pop up and crash my computer. You couldn’t even turn it on half the time so I had to do all the updates with my iPhone (which isn’t fun). In a way, it’s kind of like the RROD only instead of an xXox it’s my HP Pavilion G6 (which are crap, don’t get HP laptops or the Pavilion for that matter).

While I was in Missouri, I discovered my cousin had the same exact laptop as me AND the same blue screen virus. He told me how to fix it and I haven’t had any problems ever since!

Now that I’m back in full force, let’s get rolling.

Other Gaming News

Better start ordering because the prices for a few of the most common accessories for the Xbox One have been revealed. Any additional controllers you purchase will be priced at $60 and the headset will be priced at $25. You have the option to buy a Play-and-Charge kit for $25 individually or you can bundle it with the controller for $75.

Remember when Microsoft announced that you’ll be able to add up to a thousand friends on your friends list? If you thought that was a lot of space, The PS4 will have double that (two thousand). It sounds like you won’t have to worry about making room on your friends list anymore if you buy a next-gem console! Now if only I had two thousand friends……Current Playstation Network IDs that currently exist will carry over to the Playstation 4 which makes the system even more convenient.

Mark your calendar, the reveal of Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer will be revealed on August 14th in Los Angeles.  The event will be live streamed starting around 10:30 AM PDT on CallofDuty.com and on Xbox LIVE (so download the Live Streamer early if you have yet to download it). Be sure to tune in, world premiere announcements as well as in-depth multiplayer coverage will be expected during this event.

I know what you’re thinking. This is big though.

GameStop will be having three distribution events at their stores over the course of August, September and October. The Pokemon given away are the three legendary cover Pokemon of Diamond, Pearl and Platinum in shiny form. A shiny Pokemon is a regular Pokemon with an alternate color pattern. There is a 1 in 8,192 chance of finding one in a game, not to mention the legendary Pokemon only appear once. Combine those stats together and you have a better chance getting struck by lightning than to find a shiny legendary Pokemon.

The event will start with Dialga on August 19th and will last for three weeks. Grab these while you can!

Multiplayer for Batman: Arkham Origins has been revealed! Players will gang up 3v3v2 and have the option to play as the Joker and his gang, Bane and his gang, or Batman and Robin. The three players in each gang must win by capturing/holding a certain number of checkpoints. That’s easier said than done though, people playing as Batman and/or Robin will be lurking in the shadows ready to strike. To win as Batman and Robin you’ll have to reach certain amount of KO’s.

The new game mode is coming to all platforms except the Wii U version….Sorry guys!

Video time!

Want more info? Click here for a hands-on review.

Watch_Dogs had an impressive 90 awards and nominations this year at E3. To “thank the community” Ubisoft unveiled a new trailer. Some of the footage is old, some of it’s new (like the short glimpse of Clara Lillie). You’ll just have to watch the trailer below and see for yourself.

The titles are getting better and better, the latest free game for Xbox Live Gold members this month is Crackdown. Grab it while you can and save a whopping 1,200 Microsoft Points (which converts to 15 bucks). During the second half of the month, gold members will also be able to purchase Dead Rising 2 and its Case Zero DLC for free!

Irrational games has released DLC for Bioshock Infinite. The DLC, titled Clash in the Clouds, is an arena mode DLC that focuses on weapons and vigors. The maps offer four areas from the campaign, Finktown Docks, Emporia, the Boardwalk, and the Town Center. For gamers without the season pass the DLC is $5.

Deals of the Week
Short but sweet deals, if you’re into GTA you might want to consider checking this out. Everything is 50% off.

Grand Theft Auto IV$9.99/800 MSP
GTA IV: The Lost and Damned DLC$4.99/400 MSP
GTA IV: The Ballad of g a y Tony DLC$9.99/800 MSP

Contests
The SIP – Halo: Reach and Halo 4 – Team Action Sack Style Tournament had some issues during Week 4. Everything from that week has been scrapped but a bonus point will still be awarded for all participating teams. This week, a make-up round followed by the Week 5 gametype will be played to keep the contest on track. Part 1 will take place in Halo 4 with SIP Team Rockets on Ragnarok and Part 2 will feature SIP Haloball on the Haloball Court.

Click here for more info.

Good luck out there guys!

Birthdays
Seraphim – 29th
Darkened Night – 31st
iStringy – 1st
BARTLEBEE – 1st
icassu – 2nd

Credits
This update features content written, found, or created by:
Rok
Poke
Travis
LGOPs
Beatle

To give feedback to the staff (complaints or suggestions), please e-mail thespartan1project@gmail.com.

*Title images created by wrcfan

Read the full story

SovietBeatle

• Major
  • No I'm not Russian
    • SovietBeatle
    • SovietBeatle
Re: SIPWU 8.2.13
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 04:08:20 PM »

Oh and say hi to the Deals of the Week section! We'll try this out for a couple weeks to see what impact it has on the updates. Now you can read gaming news and snag discounts at the same time!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:10:26 PM by SovietBeatle »

PeasAreEvil

• Kill the Broccoli!
  • Spartan
  • Never tickle a sleeping dragon!
    • PeasAreEvil
    • PeasAreEvil
  • Awards: 4
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 04:56:12 AM »

Good update Beats, as always ;)

BREQ

• Commander
  • Never trouble trouble
    • BREQ
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 05:59:08 AM »

Good read

jingraham

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • He hates the cans!!! Stay away from the cans!!!!!
    • jingraham
  • Awards: 3
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 09:53:50 AM »

Well said

What what!

Enigmas Shadow

• GT: ThorsBaldEagle
  • Lieutenant
  • Lurker Level: Ninja
    • ThorsBaldEagle
    • ThorsBaldEagle
  • Awards: 13
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 03:59:57 PM »

Great update guys as always! Thanks for your hard work.

TravisSch

• Lieutenant
  • Disney Fanatic
    • TravisSch
    • TravisSch
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 02:53:11 PM »

I have a high-end HP Pavilion laptop as well and it's not that great for gaming.  It's great for everything else, but you can't play games at high settings.  I can run Minecraft at 30 FPS but with some things turned down.  I'll probably buy something else other than HP next when its time for a computer upgrade.

Anyways, great update as always!  I can't wait for the COD Ghosts multiplayer reveal this month. :)

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 02:58:44 PM »

I wonder who will be popular enough to have 2000 friends on their FL and play with all of them on a regular basis.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 30 queries.