Spartan I Project
  • September 24, 2018, 09:41:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

I come for the jokes..............but I stay for the abuse.

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 ... 91 Next

Author Topic: Battlefield 3 discussion thread  (Read 33273 times)

dowders

• Sergeant
  • Always actin up
    • dowders
    • dowders
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
    • twitter
Re: Battlefield 3 discussion thread
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 04:43:32 AM »

SnakeDoctor214

• Captain
  • [Insert witty comment here]
    • SnakeDoctor214
  • Awards: 13
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 11:45:52 AM »

I love how it's a more realistic style of gameplay.  You actually have to pull out your knife before hand if you want to melee them.  That should make things interesting when switching back and forth between COD.

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 01:47:45 PM »

Right about now, I'm wishing I was a PC gamer. For once, I feel like I'm getting the short end of a stick on the console. WHY CANT THE NEW XBOX COME OUT NOW SO I CAN HAZ AWESUMM GRAFIX

dowders

• Sergeant
  • Always actin up
    • dowders
    • dowders
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 03:31:02 PM »

Right about now, I'm wishing I was a PC gamer. For once, I feel like I'm getting the short end of a stick on the console. WHY CANT THE NEW XBOX COME OUT NOW SO I CAN HAZ AWESUMM GRAFIX
just 4 more years mon petis pois

Weapon customisation
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:59:58 AM by dowders »

TravisSch

• Lieutenant
  • Disney Fanatic
    • TravisSch
    • TravisSch
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 07:32:55 PM »

According to bf3blog.com, the Battlefield 3 pre-order bonuses have been revealed for the US.

http://bf3blog.com/2011/08/battlefield-3-us-pre-order-bonuses-revealed/

Highlights:
-Gamestop: Back to Karkand DLC Expansion Pack*, Physical Warfare Pack (extra weapons; will be available later this year to all players)
-Amazon: Back to Karkand DLC Expansion Pack*, Exclusive Set of Dog Tags for Multiplayer
-Best Buy: Back to Karkand DLC Expansion Pack*, 8 SPECACT Kit multiplayer skins

* The Back to Karkand DLC Expansion Pack will be released later this year.  It will not be released at launch.

Now the important decision: who should I preorder from?  I'm thinking of preordering from Gamestop to get the extra weapons even though I know these will be unlocked for everyone later this year.  I don't think I will need special dog tags or multiplayer skins.  Where are you guys going to preorder from?

aDrunkBaconGod

• Helljumper Cosmic Avenger
  • Captain
  • Keep Calm and Reap On
    • aDrunkBaconGod
    • aDrunkBaconGod
  • Awards: 12
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 07:58:32 PM »

Back to Karkand DLC Expansion Pack*, Physical Warfare Pack (extra weapons; will be available later this year to all players)
Got that Pre-ordered :)

You'd prob be best to pre-order the bonus'es from gamestop, Dog tags will most likely be nothing & the SPECACT kit will sure to be unlocked at a higher in the game (Just like the SPECACT kit from BC2).

dowders

• Sergeant
  • Always actin up
    • dowders
    • dowders
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 04:55:06 AM »

I ordered the one with Physical Warfare pack and Back to Karkand over here in the UK. Never been interested in aesthetic bonuses like that because they don't change the gameplay. Only exception has been Reach

TravisSch

• Lieutenant
  • Disney Fanatic
    • TravisSch
    • TravisSch
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2011, 07:33:12 PM »

I heard somewhere on the EA Forums that a Dice employee said that the Physical Warfare Pack (the pre-order pack with extra weapons) is only a timed-exclusive of 30 days before everyone else gets it.  I haven't confirmed this as of yet.  If this is the case though, I'm thinking of switching my pre-order from Gamestop to Best Buy to get the SPECACT multiplayer skins.  I can wait for 30 days for new weapons if that is the case.

What do you guys think?  Would it be better to switch to something that is more exclusive, like the SPECACT skins?  I don't care about dogtags from Amazon.com, but the SPECACT skins would be cool for customization purposes.

aDrunkBaconGod

• Captain
  • Keep Calm and Reap On
    • aDrunkBaconGod
    • aDrunkBaconGod
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2011, 09:30:04 PM »

I heard somewhere on the EA Forums that a Dice employee said that the Physical Warfare Pack (the pre-order pack with extra weapons) is only a timed-exclusive of 30 days before everyone else gets it.
If that does get confirmed & is the case, then I guess I'll most likely cancel my pre-order from game & pre-order at shopto.net (UK) where you'll get a Xbox live avatar suit pre-order bonus instead. No pics have came out so we don't know what it looks like atm, maybe near the end of September/beginning of October we'll see something.

Mind you that the avatar outfit pre-order bonus will probally be a exclusive & won't appear on the marketplace, capcom done the same when they released Dead Rising 2. So the outfit will become rare as a result from it, I don't want to miss out on it but I'll wait & see first what the deal is with the Physical Warfare pack pre-order bonus.

TravisSch

• Lieutenant
  • Disney Fanatic
    • TravisSch
    • TravisSch
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 08:08:36 PM »

Ok.  I did some research.  First, I found a post on the EA Battlefield forums where someone posts what zh1tn0 replied to someone's question on Twitter about the Physical Warfare Pack: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7469454.page.  zh1tn0 is DICE's community manager, according to the Twitter account.

Tweet from zh1tno:
Quote from: zh1tno
@SpasmaticFlow Yep! PWP is 30 days.

If this is indeed true, then I might change my pre-order to Best Buy so I can get the SPECACT skins.  I can wait for the weapons to come out for everyone if it is only a 30-day timed exclusive.

Also, on bf3blog.com, an unofficial Battlefield 3 blog, they posted some renders of the SPECACT skins: http://bf3blog.com/2011/08/battlefield-3-specact-class-renders/

aDrunkBaconGod

• Captain
  • Keep Calm and Reap On
    • aDrunkBaconGod
    • aDrunkBaconGod
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 09:22:59 PM »

Ok.  I did some research.  First, I found a post on the EA Battlefield forums where someone posts what zh1tn0 replied to someone's question on Twitter about the Physical Warfare Pack: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7469454.page.  zh1tn0 is DICE's community manager, according to the Twitter account.

Tweet from zh1tno:
Quote from: zh1tno
@SpasmaticFlow Yep! PWP is 30 days.
Ok cool cheers for that, I've canceled my order from game.co.uk & gone with shopto.net to get the Avatar outfit. Dog tags & SPECACT skins don't interest me, and I don't mind paying for the PWP when it goes on tha maerketplace. I most certainly not missing out on the avatar outfit, epescially when it's going to exclusive & most likely very rare afterwards.

dowders

• Sergeant
  • Always actin up
    • dowders
    • dowders
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 04:10:41 AM »

I think the SPECACT will become available eventually, same with BC2, plus the points on my GAME card are always good

369andy

• Spartan
  • Dad...no I'm not a crazed gunman, I'm an assassin.
    • andrew369c
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 11:39:57 AM »

I am buying from amazon as I don't really mind if I miss out on a few things. Not even sure if I get anything :o

SPECACT makes the game last that little bit longer but I'm not sure it's worth the MS Points

ATLNinjalo

• Everyone's friendly neighborhood fatman.
  • Spartan
  • Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • Bookface
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 11:51:21 AM »

I preordered from best buy, just to get in on a big deal they are running. this game is looking good but i am worried it will end up like the other battlefield games i own and have rented, sitting on the shelf because I can never get a group together and when i join with randoms the squad i end up in has no mic's. The other battlefield/MOH games are not COD, lone wolfing it will get you raped.

dowders

• Sergeant
  • Always actin up
    • dowders
    • dowders
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 04:11:21 PM »

I'm going to try and do fortnightly meets for this game within SIP so we can always get a game going
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 ... 91 Next

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 30 queries.