• October 18, 2018, 07:16:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Point.  Shoot.  Bang.

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1] 2 Next

Author Topic: Game deals thread: Post any and all good deals on games here!  (Read 824 times)

ATLNinjalo

• Everyone's friendly neighborhood fatman.
  • Spartan
  • Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
    • Bookface

Ya know, my wife is one of those "psycho coopon womens" you hear about on TV. But I can't complain as she feeds my family of 5 for less than 150 a month, 200 if you include household stuff and diapers(we have a baby). I guess it is rubbing off on me as I have been watching the game deals pretty closely and I try to spread the word if I see any so why not start a thread just for this kind of thing and I will update as I see deals and everyone else here post away. Not going to be re-inventing the wheel or anything but I'll kind of act as a summary source since I know there are places that are just dedicated to this sort of thing.

For the first one its a decent one for people that frequent best buy. Pretty simple too.
Preorder any 5 games from the below list and earn $100 in rewards, on top of your standard rewards perks, which adds up to another $25 in rewards. So, if you can afford to get in on this deal, you get $300(retail) worth of games for $175. If you are silver with best buy rewards you get a little more back. i've got about $100 in rewards already so I'll be paying out about 200ish out of pocket and getting back close to $150 in rewards. I can live with that. Here is the list of games to pick from and its valid on all consoles:
    NCAA Football 12
    Madden NFL 12
    Resistance 3
    Gears of War 3
    FIFA 12
    Rage
    Just Dance 3
    Batman Arkham City
    Forza Motorsport 4
    Battlefield 3
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    Elder Scrolls Skyrim
    Assassin's Creed Revelations
    Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
    Saint's Row: The Third

Ham Sanwitch

• Master Sergeant
  • Probably your real dad.
    • Ham Sanwitch
    • Ham Sanwitch
  • Awards: 10
Re: Game deals thread: Post any and all good deals on games here!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 11:27:47 PM »

Whoa! Thanks for the heads up! I'll preorder next week sometime now.

ATLNinjalo

• Spartan
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • Bookface
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 12:38:58 PM »

Ok, been doing a little more research on this one since this is gonna kill my wallet on spending on me for a while. The word is, from a best buy employee, that you will also get the standard 500 bonus points/$10 per pre-order. So running the numbers again it looks like this:

Buy 5 games at 59.99=call it 300
Get $100 in rewards from promo
Get $10 in rewards per pre-order=$50
Spend $150 on games get $10=$20

So spend $300(assuming you have no rewards already) and get $170 in store credit to use again. Now for some more fun that it seems a lot of people are talking about doing and that's price matching. I'll do some digging on that but apparently you can match for the same amount of time as a return. Reward zone silver members get 45 days for this. Kmart regularly drops the prices often to compensate for the gift card deals they run expiring. Its been on average 10-20 bucks within the first month. So if you do that as well, that's an additional $50 in best buy rewards. No promises on that working though, but very very likely. $220 in rewards is really tempting.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 24
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 03:09:11 PM »

Best Buy is great with having the best deal. I'm very careful with how much money I spend so I know exactly how the price match works at Best Buy, at least my local one.

For the price match it has to be within the thirty days you can return it. It also has to be a weekly ad, not an online sale price because those don't count in store. Also, whatever amount is taken off of the game is taken away from the points you earn. For example, you get one point per dollar spent and you are buying a $60 game. You do the price match and pay $50 so you only get the 50 reward points.

The price match is great. I payed $7 for a $60 game the day it came out with reward zone certificates, gift cards, and price match. The cashier was very surprised to see that much of a drop in price.

ATLNinjalo

• Spartan
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • Bookface
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 03:14:53 PM »

Yeah, thats the thing about me using rz points to get this started. I won't get the baseline points, however I will get the $10 per $150 spent and the other bonuses. I am going to go by there today and confirm the list and confirm the pre-order bonuses still count. I get 45 on the price match because that fits the time you have for returns, which with rz silver/premier members is 45 days as opposed to the standard 30.

Joco3000

• Lance Corporal
    • Joco3000
    • Joco3000
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 05:26:54 PM »

You can buy all of the DLC and the full game of Red Dead for under £35 on the XBL marketplace, and still have a few Microsoft points left over if you bought a 4200 point card

On amazon, it's just a few pence cheaper, and that's without the spare Microsoft points

jat666

• Lieutenant
  • ...where'd I park my mongoose?
    • jat666
    • jat666
  • Awards: 3
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 03:44:07 PM »

XBL's deal of the week is 50% off Ballad of -blam!- Tony & The lost and the damned which is 800 and 400 MSP respectively ;)
GTA San Andreas is also 800 MSP

jim97

• Spartan
  • ohai, i'm Jim :]
    • jim97
  • Awards: 1
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 12:54:18 PM »

XBL's deal of the week is 50% off Ballad of -blam!- Tony & The lost and the damned which is 800 and 400 MSP respectively ;)

hehehe ballad of "blam" tony  :D

jat666

• Lieutenant
  • ...where'd I park my mongoose?
    • jat666
    • jat666
  • Awards: 3
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 01:09:43 PM »

hehehe ballad of "blam" tony  :D
hehe ;D it's almost a catchier title

ATLNinjalo

• Spartan
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • Bookface
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 04:26:30 PM »

Here are some good deals this week for you:
Call of Duty: WaW for $10-Not bad if you don't have the game already, sold out online, but the price is good in store as well!
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for $10 See above

I am looking for some more deals, and will edit or just make another post when/if I find any!

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 24
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 11:14:01 PM »

Best Buy is offering a gift card worth $50 - $100 for trading in an old DS lite, DSi, or DSi XL when you are going to buy a 3DS. That's a good deal considering the system just had an $80 price drop.

ATLNinjalo

• Spartan
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • Bookface
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 03:17:09 PM »

Deal is done and I did almost as well as I hoped I would.

I bought Gears of war 3, Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, Assassins Creed Revelations, and Saints Row the Third.

I paid out using rewards worth $140, Trade in of $86 and after tax I kicked out $94 in cash.

I have my rewards all in my account now and after all is said and done I got back $160 in rewards, and $50 in price matching. Which I got back in gift cards since I shop there so much any way, for a total of $210 in rewards/gift cards.

Not a bad deal if I say so. Maybe they will do it again next year. Even without the starting rewards I had its not a horrible deal if you can afford to take advantage of it. But how I did it with only using $170 in cash/trade(of some fairly terribad games*duke nukem*) and got 5 brand new triple a titles and ending up with $210 in rewards and gift card is pretty freaking nice.

SlashingArbiter

• Major
  • Set weapons to maximum!
    • SlashingArbiter
    • SlashingArbiter
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 18
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 05:38:11 PM »

LA Noire Rockstar Pass is now available for 480 MSP (along with other things) until January 2012. Four awesome cases (with associated achievements) for the price of 1.5!

TravisSch

• Lieutenant
  • Disney Fanatic
    • TravisSch
    • TravisSch
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 08:34:19 AM »

According to this article, Battlefield 3 is 50% off if you order from Origin from today (December 23rd) through Christmas Day. http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/get-battlefield-3-for-50-off-this-weekend/

However, I just checked the Origin website and I can't find the deal anywhere.  I'm guessing the deal will be available later today.

ATLNinjalo

• Spartan
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • Bookface
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 09:09:09 AM »

I found battlefield 3 as an online order on best buy yesterday for $24.99 but it was sold out, limited edition too so you got the back to karkand dlc with it.
Pages: [1] 2 Next

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 30 queries.