• October 18, 2018, 12:25:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Home of the Highwaymen.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Silver Wired Headset  (Read 248 times)

Mightychest

• Private
  • Did I blow myself up again?
    • Mighychest
    • Mightychest
    • Bungie.net Profile
Silver Wired Headset
« on: February 02, 2015, 09:00:56 PM »

Hey all. I seem to be having trouble with the Silver Wired Headset for the PS4. When I hook up via the USB to the consol, I can use the microphone but can't hear through the headphones. When I hook up to the controller, I can hear via the headphones but not sure the microphone is working. At least, I can't hear anyone on the Fire Team I'm on even though I've joined the Fire Team channel. Also can't operate the PS4 via voice commands when logged into Destiny.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

badad117

• Captain
  • Awards: 1
Re: Silver Wired Headset
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 06:02:55 AM »

im on xb1 not ps4 but had a similar issue with older astro A40s.  Assuming the usb is power supply for the headset,  try unplugging the usb headset from the console and into a usb charger (cell phone charger) or a nearby computer.  I think the console mobo can't figure out what kind of device is plugged in and it's messing up chat function.  mine was working fine until I plugged the mini-usb charger cable into the controller, i think that's what set off the issue.

Mightychest

• Private
  • Did I blow myself up again?
    • Mighychest
    • Mightychest
    • Bungie.net Profile
Re: Silver Wired Headset
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 03:50:10 PM »

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

After researching a bit it might also be that my Fire Team settings are set to Friends Only and I need to set them to Public. Was going to test it out last night but got the TOAD error msg and deleted and reinstalled. Ugh.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 30 queries.