• October 18, 2018, 07:26:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Can you dig it?

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Forza Motorsport 6 debuts Wet Weather Racing  (Read 640 times)

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
  • Awards: 5
Forza Motorsport 6 debuts Wet Weather Racing
« on: August 05, 2015, 10:10:49 PM »

Racing: rain or shine!

Forza Motorsport 6 is proving to be one of the biggest in the Forza series. The game offers over 450 cars, making it the highest car count for this generation, bringing in many famous racetracks, and its high-end graphics among other things. Now, Forza is catching up with the competition by adding rain onto the racetracks. While Forza Horizon 2 had rain, this is the first Forza Motorsport game to feature wet weather racing, bringing it on par with the other hit racers on this generation of consoles.

But Forza is making wet weather racing a whole lot more detailed, from analyzing how rain affects specific tracks, to recreating the affects of water droplets, and even using physics based puddles to really make the feeling of racing in the rain more authentic.

You can watch the video detailing the way Turn 10 tackled the rain below.

Read the full story

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 10:26:26 PM by Stig Assassin »

badad117

• Captain
  • Awards: 1
Re: Forza Motorsport 6 debuts Wet Weather Racing
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 05:58:30 PM »

yea, I'm all in for this.  $99 bucks, early access and all the extra's.  Already got 11mil credits and all the cars up to tier 7 waiting.

R MK XXV

• Spartan
    • R MK XXV
    • R MK XXV
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 12:36:21 PM »

Played the demo and was a little irritated by the constant "wanna pre order yet" pop-ups.

I realize that they want to sell their product, but I think I was asked 3 times before I was even able to play. 

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 24
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 03:06:57 PM »

That's how the Forza Hub app is now. You can't get to the content until you pass the pre-order ad and every page has a pre-order link.

I like the rain and night races. The puddles really do cause a hydroplane action. I hit one and rolled my car trying to correct it. Probably not going to be a pre-order for me, but I'm sure I'll grab it in a Black Friday sale.

EDIT:

The TV commercial has just been released today and it's quite good.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 05:14:55 PM by Stig Assassin »

badad117

• Captain
  • Awards: 1
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 08:22:28 PM »

The game's pretty good.  Graphics look okay but not as good as F5, probably because of the edition of rain and night racing.  The wet/rain racing is pretty amazing though.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 31 queries.