• December 09, 2018, 07:10:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Cover me.  I'm getting more beer.

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: More Backwards Compatible Titles for the Xbox one  (Read 652 times)

MrSerrano1105

• άσσος στην τρύπα
  • Gunnery Sergeant
  • Coming home, Ace.
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
More Backwards Compatible Titles for the Xbox one
« on: January 21, 2016, 03:21:51 PM »

As of today there are new titles for the Xbox one to download and they are the following:

Aegis Wing
Age of Booty
Counter-Strike: GO
Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad
Sam & Max Save the World
Skullgirls
Small Arms
Soulcalibur
Space Giraffe
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (In some regions)

Microsoft also mentioned that in “some regions” players can download The Witcher 2 for free until February 5. Here’s a list of the following Regions where the game is available: US, Canada, Uk, France & Germany.

Read the full story

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
Re: More Backwards Compatible Titles for the Xbox one
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 06:21:51 PM »

Dang that's a pretty lackluster list for a months wait. Glad to have backwards compat regardless! I like their plan to release as they become available, makes me wonder if this means they are slowing down on the amount of titles though. Was hoping to have most if not all Microsoft exclusives by this point. I don't care if it has a remaster, I want it on back compat! Plenty of missing Halo titles, Borderlands 2 (Don't want to rebuy), would love to see Dead Space, and all Bioshock games as well.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:23:38 PM by Seth »

MrSerrano1105

• άσσος στην τρύπα
  • Gunnery Sergeant
  • Coming home, Ace.
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 06:43:56 PM »

I wouldn't mind buying all 3 Bioschock games, I really enjoy those games.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 25
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 06:46:34 PM »

Well any games that had more than one disc are currently in limbo. So most of the games from around a year of the XB1 release. I never owned a Bioshock game so I don't know for sure, but I did hear some of those are multi-disc.

If SoulCalibur would have just had a "V" after it then I would have been happy with the list. I have no interest in any of those titles.

ROK198

• Lieutenant
  • What's a challenge if everything isn't maxed out?
    • rok198
    • rok198
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 07:06:15 PM »

I'd say Aegis Wing alone makes the list satisfying. It's free, it takes up minimal memory space and is such a simple and fun game. Get three friends and its an amazing party game. The Witcher 2 was also great.

And I doubt most re-released games would be backwards compatible, especially if they had multiplayer, as it would cut into sales and populations for the latest versions.

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 07:13:35 PM »

All bioshock games were also made digital so even if they were multi disk (I don't believe they were) they would be able to be ported. I know Mass Effect 2 and 3 have that issue since they don't have a digital alternative and are multi disk physical. Witcher 2 was multi disk on physical but was also digital. As we see, Witcher 2 is available for backwards compat.

@ROK
Aegis really is a great game. Remember playing that an unhealthy amount before I had a bunch of games. As for re released games, that's correct. Most probably won't allow for back compat which is sad. Some companies have definitely showed us they are willing to both remaster and allow back compat (Castle Crashers and Gears of War off the top of my head). I wish more would follow suit. The greed involved in the double dip is too much though.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 07:18:32 PM by Seth »

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 25
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 08:19:26 PM »

All bioshock games were also made digital so even if they were multi disk (I don't believe they were) they would be able to be ported. I know Mass Effect 2 and 3 have that issue since they don't have a digital alternative and are multi disk physical. Witcher 2 was multi disk on physical but was also digital. As we see, Witcher 2 is available for backwards compat.

That's right, it was Mass Effect not Bioshock that was specifically mentioned for that issue. My mistake.

Forza falls into the same issue since every Motorsport title has been multi-disc with no digital version. The current confusion is Deus Ex is backwards compatible, but the Director's cut version of the game won't work since it's multi-disc.

wrcfan

• BulletEponge
  • Master Sergeant
  • I've got your wort wort wort right here
    • wrcfan
    • wrcfan
  • Awards: 10
    • The Vintages Days
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 11:27:05 PM »

I'll get excited if they ever make any of the Infinity Ward COD's (minus Ghosts) backwards compatible

Trysten

• Lieutenant
  • Always have faith in your own abilities.
    • Trysten500
    • Trysten500
    • Trysten500
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 04:23:28 AM »

Give me the Bioshock games and every Treyarch Call of Duty. Zombies is the only reason I play Call of Duty anymore. Multiplayer will never be as fun as it was in MW2.
If Treyarch would wise up and drop the wasted effort on multiplayer and focus purely on campaign and zombies, they could make bank. I haven't had as much fun in a CoD campaign as I did on Blops 3 since CoD 4. Plus it's up to 4 player co-op to top it off.

I found the Ghosts campaign pretty enjoyable, the multiplayer was also better than MW3's. Why do so many people hate on Ghosts? I had a pretty enjoyable experience with Ghosts on the 360 for almost a full year. It's not like it was as bad as Advanced Warfare.

JR1203

• Spartan
  • I may have killed the last zombie...
    • JR1203
  • Awards: 8
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 07:09:46 AM »

What happened to "100s of games each month"?

ATLNinjalo

• Everyone's friendly neighborhood fatman.
  • Spartan
  • Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • Bookface
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 11:17:05 AM »

What happened to "100s of games each month"?

They're following the Bungie school of thought-"Promise your customers one thing, but deliver something totally different and not what any of them asked for"

wrcfan

• BulletEponge
  • Master Sergeant
  • I've got your wort wort wort right here
    • wrcfan
    • wrcfan
    • The Vintages Days
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 12:51:30 PM »

The reason I said no Ghosts, you can get it for the Xbox One so no need for BC
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 30 queries.