• May 21, 2018, 10:59:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Mongoose > BR

Welcome to SIP!

Thank you for visiting The Spartan I Project! We want to welcome you to our group and invite you to join our friendly community.

You will need to register before participating on our community forum. This process is free, simple, and only requires a minimal amount of information. Once you do, you will be able to:

• Post in discussion threads and create new topics
  • Request help from our experienced achievement teams
  • Play games with other community members and make new friends
  • And more!
To learn more about what SIP is about and what we have to offer, click here. To register an account and post on our forums, click here.

Pages: [1] 2 Next

Author Topic: The Road to Achilles  (Read 1373 times)

NeoRman69

• Commander
  • The Legend Himself
    • NeoRman69
    • NeoRman69
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 9
The Road to Achilles
« on: March 28, 2016, 09:24:07 PM »

We here at the Spartan I Project would like to both recognize and congratulate our members that have been putting all their blood, sweat, and tears into grinding towards the epic under taking that is the Achilles Armor: Seth, Tango, and Chick for their amazing Grifball devastation, those boys won’t be getting back on the field anytime soon. Seth for his amazing snipes and making sure everyone wears their seatbelts. Panther going hog wild and his incredible turret manning skills. Tooth for being the king of the bronze league, you teach those boys how to hold a gun properly. Soryiu for being the fourth horseman of the apocalypse, seriously how are you still even allowed into matchmaking? As well as all the others not mentioned here.

We recognize that we all have very busy schedules, and we appreciate all the time and dedication you all are putting in. However, we have noticed that there are a few members that haven’t been actively participating. We are sending this letter out as a reminder to jump into a few matchmaking games, and finish that fight. It doesn’t matter if it’s a game of Arena, Big Team, Grifball, or Warzones; we just ask that you contribute to the effort.

Any members that don’t care to participate will be removed from the active roster and may rejoin after the Achilles commendation is completed. If you have mitigating circumstances that prevent you from currently participating, but wish to contribute, please contact the Staff. Thank you again for all your hard work and effort.

-The Spartan I Project

Read the full story

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:32:42 AM by NeoRman69 »

ContactTango

• Spartan King
  • General
  • Honor Few, Fear None
    • ContactTango
    • ContactTango
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 20
    • Spartan Training Gear
Re: The Road to Achilles
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 01:22:21 PM »

Sounds fair.

ATLNinjalo

• Everyone's friendly neighborhood fatman.
  • Spartan
  • Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
    • ATLNinjalo
    • ATLNinjalo
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
    • Bookface
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 01:51:59 PM »

Don't even act like my .484 k/d ain't helping the commendations!

Deadly Chikadee

• Staff Sergeant
  • ...last one standing...
    • Deadly Chikadee
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
    • Forbidden Studios
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 10:29:07 PM »

Those assist medals are a major contribution, Ninjalo  8)

Sounds fair to make this public for everyone to consider.  I'll continue with Halo this weekend should anyone like to join up before Sunday.

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 11:36:40 PM »

I'm hoping to be able to contribute more (or, more accurately, start contributing) once Warzone Firefight goes live. Unfortunately I'm fairly useless in PvP (anyone else get that "every weapon works but mine" feeling?) and at the moment my free time is being sucked up by the Iron Banner in the hopes of having some "fuel" stored up in time for the April update, so Halo has taken a back seat (that I only just picked the game up a week or so ago doesn't help, either).  I'll do what I can, when I can, but if room needs to be made for those who can contribute more regularly I won't take it personally if I get "decommissioned" for the time being. From what little I can gleam Firefight is still weeks, if not months, away and while the "Road to Achilles" may not be anywhere near completed by then and thus I could still contribute by then, I understand it will go faster having more members who can get the job done in the here and now.

MrSerrano1105

• Gunnery Sergeant
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 11:36:52 AM »

I've started playing warzone and I gotta say it's been fun except that I've never been good at PvP but yesterday I felt like I kicked some arse. The Division and Rise of the Tomb Raider will have to wait. I'll probably join you guys next week at Friday but I'll be late since I should be home from work at 8:30 pm (Pacific time).

MathGuy42

• Captain
  • Frog blast the vent core!
    • MathGuy42
  • Awards: 7
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 08:01:13 AM »

I tried Warzone Turbo yesterday. Sorry to say I still don't like MP. If I need to be removed from the Company, that's OK.

If Achilles is still going on when Warzone Firefight hits and Firefight counts, I'd be happy to contribute that way. The one part of WT I enjoyed yesterday was when I was fighting Prometheans on my own, when everyone else was busy elsewhere.

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2016, 10:04:44 AM »

I tried Warzone Turbo yesterday. Sorry to say I still don't like MP. If I need to be removed from the Company, that's OK.

If Achilles is still going on when Warzone Firefight hits and Firefight counts, I'd be happy to contribute that way. The one part of WT I enjoyed yesterday was when I was fighting Prometheans on my own, when everyone else was busy elsewhere.

That would likely be my approach to the "Pvp" Warzone. I do a lot better in more "cooperative" modes than "competitive." I just hope FF actually counts towards it.

NeoRman69

• Commander
  • The Legend Himself
    • NeoRman69
    • NeoRman69
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2016, 04:41:43 PM »

@ math & zaffy, I've got no problem with giving you guys extensions and a rain check for firefight. So long as you guys want to help and are speaking up here that's cool. If kicks do happen it'll be for the guys at 0 games and haven't messaged us with a reason. And as AI kills are part of the requirements, I'm sure FF will count.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 04:43:37 PM by NeoRman69 »

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2016, 04:58:59 PM »

@ math & zaffy, I've got no problem with giving you guys extensions and a rain check for firefight. So long as you guys want to help and are speaking up here that's cool. If kicks do happen it'll be for the guys at 0 games and haven't messaged us with a reason. And as AI kills are part of the requirements, I'm sure FF will count.

It's too bad they don't have anything for Forge mode. That's about all I've had time to do so far.

MrSerrano1105

• Gunnery Sergeant
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 05:00:02 PM »

Does Big Team Slayer/ Slayer count ?

NeoRman69

• Commander
  • The Legend Himself
    • NeoRman69
    • NeoRman69
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 05:35:06 PM »

Does Big Team Slayer/ Slayer count ?

Yes.

Any online multiplayer counts. So anything under the arena or warzone tabs will count.

Custom games or forge mode does not count.

MrSerrano1105

• Gunnery Sergeant
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 06:04:49 PM »

thanks, just want to make sure

Stoopidboy6

• Lieutenant
    • Stoopidboy6
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 01:22:57 AM »

So it's basically a kick of completely inactive rather than the casual player?

NeoRman69

• Commander
  • The Legend Himself
    • NeoRman69
    • NeoRman69
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 02:00:43 AM »

So it's basically a kick of completely inactive rather than the casual player?

Mostly, but we still expect everyone to play a few games. At least one match a night or one/two hours on a weekend. It doesn't even matter how well you do, you could lose every game. We just want to see people put in the effort.
Pages: [1] 2 Next

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 30 queries.