• November 18, 2018, 11:35:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

We're right outside your window!

Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Next

Author Topic: Destiny 2 - General Discussion Thread  (Read 4524 times)

Seth

• Colonel
  • Spamwise Gamgee
    • Sethinator23
    • Sethinator23
    • SefferTheHeifer
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
Re: Destiny 2 - General Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2018, 08:06:22 PM »

I just have no drive for this game. Really just fell flat. There was so much to build off of and improve coming from the great turnaround D1 had, and instead they chose to step backwards and are just now deciding to turnaround again. Deja vu, no patience for it. Bummed I purchased the season pass.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 02:06:56 PM by Seth »

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2018, 10:42:43 PM »

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/244393928?page=0&sort=0&showBanned=0&path=1

Would love to get everyone's thoughts/feedback on this idea.

dowders

• Sergeant
  • Always actin up
    • dowders
    • dowders
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
    • twitter
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2018, 03:53:03 AM »

I just have no drive for this game. Really just fell flat. There was so much to build off of and improve coming from the great turnaround D1 had, and instead they chose to step backwards and are just now deciding to turnaround again. Dena vu, no patience for it. Bummed I purchased the season pass.
Exactly my feeling. The only reason i'm going to hop back in, if at all is because I purchased the season pass & I have a glimmer of false hope that DLC2 will somehow make it fun again.

D1 I spent 1000s of hours on, D2 i'd be surprised if I went over 200. It's just dull

MrSerrano1105

• άσσος στην τρύπα
  • Gunnery Sergeant
  • Coming home, Ace.
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2018, 02:32:25 PM »

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2018, 11:15:42 PM »

I am a tad curious to see how Graviton Lance and Skyburner's Oath feel after the update, and wondering what other exotics have had changes that haven't been teased yet. And the new game mode teased in the Twitch stream has a certain ARchon's Forge vibe to it, which could be cool. Just really not liking that once again the story is just a roadblock to be bulldozed through as quickly as possible because "you can't access any of the other new content until you complete the campaign." They did that with the original D2 campaign, they did it again with Osiris' campaign, and now it looks like they're making that mistake again. When ya make the players feel like they HAVE to rush through the campaign in order to keep up with the events and other time-sensitive activities, it ends up leaving a very unmemorable story, because nobody has time to actually process it. Nobody has time to enjoy it. It's got to be done and over wit has quickly as possible or everyone they play with (or might play with) will be on to other things and Destiny has never been kind to anyone stuck playing catch-up.

MrSerrano1105

• άσσος στην τρύπα
  • Gunnery Sergeant
  • Coming home, Ace.
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2018, 05:49:15 PM »

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2018, 08:35:15 PM »

Enjoy it. If history is any indication at this point you've just seen all there is to see when it comes to Forsaken's story. I'm done "throwing money at the screen" for this overpriced, overhyped nonsense. I'm over $300 deep in this franchise and I can't find $50 worth of anything in the whole pile. I'm tired of Bungie relying on grind over content. I'm tired of lackluster and disappointing excuses for "return on investment." I'm done with this company that throws years of feedback out the window and refuses to address issues that have plagued this franchise since day one. But above all, I'm not spending another dime on expansions when the core game is such a buggy mess. Can't even have one single round in the Crucible without a mindblowing "WTF" moment (getting one-shot by the MIDA from across the map through a bottleneck hallway before I've even stepped around the corner was the most recent), constantly being stuck staring at a black screen while my brother, on the exact same network, goes halfway through a mission before it loads me in. Just too many "little things" adding up and not enough to make it worth it, which is heartbreaking because there is a literal bottomless pit of potential here but Bungie can't stop bungling the damn thing every step of the way.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 24
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2018, 03:32:17 PM »

The new achievements for Forsaken are available to see. I'm out of the loop on what some of the terms mean, but it doesn't look as bad as it could have been.

If I knew I'd be able to play through the raid, or at least get the achievements for the raid, I'd consider buying the whole game. Once the Forsaken bundle disc goes down in price, of course. The story has my interest, there's just so much frustration from the last game I don't want to deal with again.

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2018, 10:15:31 PM »

The new achievements for Forsaken are available to see. I'm out of the loop on what some of the terms mean, but it doesn't look as bad as it could have been.

If I knew I'd be able to play through the raid, or at least get the achievements for the raid, I'd consider buying the whole game. Once the Forsaken bundle disc goes down in price, of course. The story has my interest, there's just so much frustration from the last game I don't want to deal with again.

Quite frankly at this point I'd say wait until the whole "complete" (if any game in this franchise can be considered complete by any sane standards) game is in the $5 "crap we can't even give away" bin along with the endless pile of FIFA, PGA, and Madden titles.

On the 28th they delivered what should have been a fairly simple update to "preload" some features ahead of Forsaken launch, including adding more vault space, basically eliminating "milestones" altogether, and changing up how weapon slots function as well as makign infusion "Slot-based" again (it was previously an absolutely infuriating system in which you could only upgrade a weapon with another weapon of the same type, e.g. if you want to boost a Scout Rifle you need another, stronger scout rifle. If RNG only gives you Sidearms and SMGs, you're boned).

This update managed to bork the system so badly that now there's NO summary tab on ANY gear in the vault, many of the weapons and armor can no longer be infused AT ALL (hover over the icon for infusion and it won't show anything in your inventory that SHOULD be compatible), several more won't accept Rare infusion fodder, while still others will only show SOME of the potential Infusion options even though you have more on hand. Activities that previously awarded "Powerful Gear" (something at or above your current best possible power level) now have dropped down to 20+ levels BELOW your current best, matchmaking takes twice as long in most cases, "ghosting" (enemy AI/players randomly teleporting around the map) has increased exponentially, and while I'm sure some people love this the Crucible has basically become "shotgun city" because you always start with at least two shells on hand and you can get more pretty much every other kill (even ones you weren't involved in). Also in PvP, somehow (don't ask me how because it defies all sense and logic) SMGs with 1/3-1/4 the "Impact" of Auto Rifles and not even a tenth the range are outplaying damn near every weapon type except certain standout exotics (MIDA and Graviton Lance, mostly).

So basically if you've had even the slightest hesitation or frustration with Destiny before, you will absolutely tear every last hair out of your head right now. And they expect us to pay $70 for the next year of so-called "content." I had such high hopes for this franchise. At one time I truly thought for sure it would be "the Halo killer." Turns out it was more like the Garry Hoy of video games.

For anyone who doesn't know, Garry Hoy was giving a tour at the Toronto-Dominion Centre and, in an attempt to prove the windows could not be broken, threw himself at one such window on the 24th floor. The window did not break, but rather the entire frame popped out of its casing and Garry plummeted to his death.

Stig Assassin

• Commander
  • Do you even drift?
    • Stig Assassin
    • Stig Assassin
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 24
    • The Quest For 52
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2018, 12:43:44 AM »

The Last Wish raid drops a little over 12 hours from now. Best of luck to anyone attempting it early on.

wrcfan

• BulletEponge
  • Master Sergeant
  • I've got your wort wort wort right here
    • wrcfan
    • wrcfan
  • Awards: 10
    • The Vintages Days
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2018, 01:10:33 PM »

Forsaken is the best DLC they've done for Destiny

dowders

• Sergeant
  • Always actin up
    • dowders
    • dowders
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2018, 01:32:56 PM »

Forsaken is the best DLC they've done for Destiny
It's actually mindboggling how large it is. How anyone has the time to do more than one character is baffling to me. I'm STILL feeling like i'm only scratching the surface and i've been playing almost every day since release on my Titan. Haven't touched other characters yet.

God knows how i'll find the time to do Blind Well or the Raid, I've only manged vanilla leviathan once. No raid lairs

wrcfan

• BulletEponge
  • Master Sergeant
  • I've got your wort wort wort right here
    • wrcfan
    • wrcfan
  • Awards: 10
    • The Vintages Days
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2018, 01:04:02 AM »

I know dude, with work kicking my ass I haven't been playing everyday. I really want to use my Titan but damn there's just so much to do. Hell last week I spend about 2 hours just exploring the Dreaming City.

Also, got my first EP shotty tonight. Then I got a second one with level 10 MW. Jake is pissed, I've done 12 clears, he's done over 70.

dowders

• Sergeant
  • Always actin up
    • dowders
    • dowders
    • Bungie.net Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2018, 06:56:36 AM »

I know dude, with work kicking my ass I haven't been playing everyday. I really want to use my Titan but damn there's just so much to do. Hell last week I spend about 2 hours just exploring the Dreaming City.

Also, got my first EP shotty tonight. Then I got a second one with level 10 MW. Jake is pissed, I've done 12 clears, he's done over 70.
I have done zero. Never managed to get past level 3

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2018, 07:54:10 PM »

EP is a bit easier now that must people you'll have wandering around the area are 500+ Power. Have 2 or 3 completions now. No weapons at all. And still not finding much reason to even play the game. The DLC is too damn expensive and to be honest I can't trust the "rave reviews" because people were saying the same thing about Taken King back in the day and I found it to be rather disappointing myself.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Next

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 31 queries.