Spartan I Project
  • October 18, 2018, 12:15:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Don't wake up in a strange thong......drink beer.

Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Destiny 2 - General Discussion Thread  (Read 3754 times)

dowders

• Sergeant
  • Always actin up
    • dowders
    • dowders
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 3
    • twitter
Re: Destiny 2 - General Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2018, 06:29:25 AM »

EP is a bit easier now that must people you'll have wandering around the area are 500+ Power. Have 2 or 3 completions now. No weapons at all. And still not finding much reason to even play the game. The DLC is too damn expensive and to be honest I can't trust the "rave reviews" because people were saying the same thing about Taken King back in the day and I found it to be rather disappointing myself.
To me it's a bit baffling how much there is to do now. Usually with expansions, even in D1 it'd take me a week or two to bash through the new content, and within a month I'd have done that on all three characters. Now I do not know where i'll find the time to do it on my Hunter or Warlock as doing the powerful reward daily/weekly drops takes such time on my Titan. I haven't even touched the raid, or a new nightfall, or 10% of the dreaming city. Other than story, which is about 6 missions (good, well written missions, but you could blast through them quickly if you wanted) the level of content here feels like Taken King & ROI together to me. Replay value is super strong. There's much more reason to play. Things to chase.

I can imagine someone coming into the game fresh to Vanilla D2 at this point being equal parts impressed and overwhelmed at how much there is.

zaffy2005

• Corporal
    • zaffy2005
    • zaffy2005
    • Bungie.net Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2018, 10:33:22 PM »

Is it really that there's that much more TO do, or just that it takes forever and a day to do it?

For example, the Clan XP weekly milestone. Year One, it was a cinch. Just do what you're already doing and within a couple hours of playing you'll have it done. Now it takes a minimum of three days (unless your clan is far enough along to have the Banner perk that might RNG a new bounty into your inventory when turning in a completed one). The reward has not changed, neither in quantity nor quality, it just takes three full daily resets AND being restricted to specific actions within specific activities. Nothing "new," just infinitely more grindy JUST for the same of being a grind.

And I get the feeling that that's all there is to Forsaken. nothing really all that "new," no great new activities to keep us coming back for more, nothing all that interesting or intriguing, just...grind. Same old song and dance, artificially extended to ridiculous and tedious lengths. Are there any genuinely new strikes, or are they continuing the "recycle to random missions and call them strikes now" formula from Osiris and Warmind? Does the Tangled Shore or Dreaming City offer any genuinely NEW activities and/or rewards or is it the same old "here's a Lost Sector that will give you Year One blue garbage 15-20 levels below your current best every single time" and the same old Public Events just with different scenery in the background?

I've been trying to get some honest assessments and all I've been finding are either vapid "OMFG Forsaken is dah bestest thing ever I can't even tell you why but you gotta go blow $40 on it right naow" fanboying/girling, or flat out "I didn't buy it, I won't be buying it, I will never buy anything with their name on it ever again, I took an M-80 to my D2 disc and mailed the ashes Bungie with a return address of "go f- yourselves" angst.

Right now I'm looking at it as I cannot afford to spend $40 on DLC and Bungie's track record thus far gives me no reason to believe this is even remotely worth half that price as nothing they've released in this franchise thus far has been worth half of what they've charged for any of it. Each release, whether base game or expansion, was greeted with at least a portion of the community hailing it as the greatest thing Bungie's ever done (except Osiris, that one didn't get much of a big response). Personally I've felt charging more than $10, maybe $15 for any of the expansions would be pushing it, but I had allowed myself to buy into the hype each time hoping "this time Bungie will actually deliver." I've sunk well over $300 into this franchise and that's not counting the cost of upgrading from the 360 to Xbox One JUST to be able to play Rise of Iron. I mean I had pretty much completely given up on Halo at that point after how many issues H4 had (total progress/rank resets, a massive portion of the hard copies being unreadable on launch day, etc.) and there were no other games/franchises that had caught my attention so I upgraded pretty much solely to play Destiny. And I pre-ordered the Limited Edition D2 with the expansion pass because I really wanted to believe Bungie was going to start from where D1 left off in Year 3 and build up from that foundation. They took such a massive step backwards that had I not bought the package deal I very likely would not have bought Osiris or Warmind and would have walked away from the franchise entirely then. I'd already bought it so I figured I'd play and give Bungie the benefit of the doubt until that "free ride" ran out.

Now it has, and I'm looking for someone to give me an honest, detailed look into the current state of things so I can decide on the cost vs content vs grind for grind's sake ratio. Still have to wait for the price to come down but I have to know whether it's even worth it then. I have absolutely no interest in more grind. Countless hours doing tedious, repetitive tasks for ornaments and other such fluff is not entertaining to me. And I am definitely not interested in "Destiny as a full time job" unless it actually comes with a full-time paycheck, you know?

MrSerrano1105

• άσσος στην τρύπα
  • Gunnery Sergeant
  • Coming home, Ace.
    • MrSerrano1105
    • MrSerrano1105
    • Bungie.net Profile
  • Awards: 5
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2018, 04:35:28 PM »

Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 31 queries.