A few weeks ago the Developers shared a road map of content for the upcoming months. Today, they are introducing a new game mode called Tier 1 that is coming along with the Title Update 5, available for free starting June 28 on PlayStation 4 system, Xbox One, and PC.
Tier 1 Overview
Coming with Title Update 5, Tier 1 was designed to provide players a challenging and hard core experience with an increased and scalable difficulty. You will be able to activate this new mode once you’ve reached level 30 in the main game. When enabled, your Tier level will be displayed near your player name and will be visible to everyone in the game as well as on your player profile page. A new XP bar called Tier points will also appear. Like in the main game, completing primary and side missions in addition to solo challenges available in the Live Season Challenges will allow you to earn Tier points and level up once the bar is filled.
When playing this new mode for the first time, all players will automatically start from Tier 50. When levelling up, the difficulty will increase gradually until you reach the last stage, called Tier 1. To help you in this new and challenging game mode, you will be able to upgrade your weapon damage from level 1 to level 30 by using the Upgrade Weapons feature available in Gunsmith. Resources can be earned as loot in the field and also accumulate in Guerrilla mode on the free companion app.
Live Season Challenges will also allow you to earn resources and specific rewards, including Tier 1 XP Boosters. You can still play with your friends under Tier 1 mode, however when pairing up with other player in cTier 1 XP booster add up an average of each player’s Tier level in addition to those who didn’t activate the mode in order to offer your squad a balanced level of difficulty.
The dev team implemented new specific and unlockable rewards every five Tier levels. Tier 1 will allow you to live a new kind of challenging and hard core experience for free, solo or with your friends. Please note that if you need to disable the Tier 1 mode, you can reactivate it anytime, as your progression will not be impacted or lost.
– Courtesy of Ubisoft
TITLE UPDATE 5
Below, you will find the patch notes for Title Update 5, available on June 28 on consoles and PC. As in previous updates, Title Update 5 will include a brief maintenance period to update the servers for the new version. The patch will be up to 7.42 GB on PC depending on your client, and up to 8.8 GB on consoles depending on the version already installed. An in-game notification will alert players when the update becomes available. Please note that players will need to reboot the game to apply the patch, and will need to have the same version of the game in order to play co-op.
Here’s the detailed list of fixes and improvements, with the PC-specific ones at the end:
• The reason for detection is now displayed above the mini-map.
• Fixed a bug where the player could not use the drone or the binoculars after using the medic drone to heal.
• Fixed a bug where vehicles would take low damage when shot from a long distance.
• Corrected a bug where the Stoner LMG folded buttstock would be described with an incorrect location in the loadout.
• Corrected a bug where Whisper pistol had no silencer and would alarm NPCs if players used it.
• An unusual noise was heard near a ruined hut…
• Fixed a bug where the M9 handgun would sound the same with or without a suppressor.
• Fixed a bug where the follower icon could be missing when in the tacmap.
• Fixed a bug where the player would be detected by NPCs when shooting at long distance with a crossbow.
• Fixed a bug where excessive lighting would occur in certain weather types in the Fallen Ghosts expansion when the Enhanced Godrays option was enabled.
• Fixed a bug where selecting the Left Handed Mouse option would display the right click for fast travel on the tacmap instead of the left click.
• Fixed a bug where an Xbox One controller would lose input if the controller was disconnected while the game was unfocused.,
• Fixed a bug where the mouse click was not displayed for the Skills shortcut in the Command Wheel.
• Fixed a bug where a pop-up related to Easy Anti Cheat would be displayed at every game start if the User Account Control feature was enabled in Windows.*
• Fixed a bug where rapidly closing NVIDIA Ansel after it was open caused the game to run at 1 frame per second.
*Please note that this pop-up will only be displayed the first time you start the game with the UAC feature enabled.
Source and Credit: UBISOFT