Title Update #6 released for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands and included a whole host of fixes, changes and improvements to the gameplay, HUD, Missions, UI, the “Fallen Ghosts” DLC, and more. Alongside the release of the title update, Ubisoft also revealed intel on 4v4 PvP mode called “Ghost War” which will be making its way to the game but first in the form of an Open Beta for players to test out ahead of the full release.
Title Update 6 brings with it vast improvements to the helicopter controls and handling. We have made the helicopters not only more authentic, but easier to control. The new controls will be default, however, if you prefer to go back to the original controls, you will be able to by deactivating the default and returning to the previous set up. In addition to the controls, we have also added crosshairs for aiming, guided rockets, and other improvements that are listed below.
Along with the helicopter overhaul, Title Update 6 contains bug fixes and improvements to the game. Title Update 6 will also usher in season three of the Live Season Challenges, with a new focus, new challenges, and new rewards! Additionally, Challenges will now include some additional gameplay parameters such as difficulty or HUD settings.
Below are all the fixes and improvements we are bringing you in Title Update 6.
• Added a new default helicopter controls, that can be deactivated in order to revert to the previous controls:
* Now the triggers control the vertical speed (LT = Vertical descending speed, RT = Vertical ascending speed)
* The left stick controls the horizontal speed (Up/Down = Forward/Backward, Left/Right = Left/Right)
* Left/Right on the right stick controls the rotation speed of the chopper
* Up/Down on the right stick controls the rotation speed of the camera (doesn’t impact the helicon pitch; this gives a feeling of the player controlling the camera, and the helicopter follows the camera)
• Every helicopter now has a different behavior
* Small helicopters are very fast, very mobile, and have a high pitch
* Gunships are fast, mobile, and have a very military feeling to them
* Blackhawks are slower and more steady when handling
• Helicopters take off physics are now more realistic. Once the helicopter reaches the correct RPM, it will take off automatically
• The helicopters no longer slide while taking off
• Helicopter engine torque reacts to the player’s actions (The player will be able to hear and see the engine rotors accelerating or slowing down)
• Improved destruction of helicopters on impact
*Disclaimer: The new Helicopter control scheme is not yet optimized for the Steam Controller. This may cause moving the helicopter left and right with the trackpad to be very slow.*
• While using a gatling chopper, the HUD now displays a crosshair while aiming
• While using a rocket chopper, the HUD now locks onto targets
• While using a small chopper with rockets, instead of locking, the player shoots rocket salvos
• Added a HUD display that shows the current helicopter speed and altitude
• In “La Gringa” : Fixed a bug where the objective marker could disappear
• In “El Chido’s Agent” : Fixed a bug preventing missions completion if the agent gets alerted
• Fixed a bug where the “Down” symbol wouldn’t always appear
• Player will hear helicopter engines speeding up and slowing down upon accelerating/decelerating
• Fixed some zones where player could not climb
• Fixed a bug where some rebel skills wouldn’t be displayed on the HUD
• Fixed a bug where some elements in the TacMap and the Los Extranjeros tab would be stretched on the ultra-wide aspect ratio displays
• Fixed a bug causing the Tier 1 “Activation” button to not be clickable when using a mouse
• Fixed a bug causing some menu elements to be stretched when using an ultra-wide resolution (2560×1080, 3440×1440) in the Fallen Ghost DLC
• Fixed an issue that cause scrolling through a list while having a tile selected and moving the cursor away would reset the list to the selected tile
I know this Update launched on July 21, I apologize for being late.